CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Leo_Messi

That was an unacceptable second half performance. Not worthy of Barça at all. Hopefully it will serve as a wake-up call for the team and Lucho. So at least there are some positives to be taken from the defeat. We made Bayern look like the Harlem Globetrotters on steroids which there was absolutely no need to at all. We are clearly the better team this season.

In any case it was obvious that the team took the speeder off. I feel that we could easily have won this game had we taken it more seriously.

That second half was not pretty and in hindsight Lucho should have subbed Xavi on instead of Pedro but we are the deserved winners of this tie and our place in the final was never under any threat after our equalizer.

Anyway the most important thing was us reaching the final. This is a huge thing and the treble is still very much a possibility which is simply amazing. We need to enjoy such nights to the fullest. Another such night might be years away.

So congratulations to the team and us fans!

SÍ, SÍ, SÍ, NOS VAMOS A BERLÍN!

2cdzcpu.jpg

Som i serem Barça:barcaflag:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Is it just me hoping that Real Madrid goes through to the final tomorrow? Only thing bigger than our previous treble would be beating Real Madrid in the final completions the treble. Messi scoring in the final and for a second time beating Ronaldo in a CL final would then be the icing on the cake.

It's a huge risk since it could also mean our worst defeat in club history, but it would be worth it.

Why is your avatar george bush?

Stric

IMO, I think it was a sign of respect between two huge clubs that we didn't try to humiliate them. We could have done that both now and in 2009, but chose not to. Bayern didn't show us the same courtesy two years ago.

It's either that or we were really so incredibly shit two years ago that we couldn't score any and they scored 7 even without going all in. :lol:

footyfan

Calma, calma
I don't buy the complacency excuse. Bayern were just much better than Barca today. They used the wings a lot more and lobbed it into Lewandowski and Barca's defence couldn't handle that. Their pressing was amazing minute 1 and only got better throughout the game (here Barca taking their foot off the gas might've played a part, but not sure). Barca's front 3 though are just on another level. You just can't discount them at any point.

MSN + MAtS saved Barca today.

This is why I am obviously the resident naysayer. Neymar gets the praise for burying the chances (supposedly that's why), yet Messi somehow performed worse, although he was the one who set up both chances, brilliantly. That's a very shortsighted way of looking at it and many fans and viewers are unfortunately the same way.

Neymar was clearly better than Messi today, in pretty much all aspects.

barcaforum pls...

Barca 4-0 Bayern
Bayern 2-2 Barca

Anyway, this was my prediction the day the draw came out. So close :D

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
IMO, I think it was a sign of respect between two huge clubs that we didn't try to humiliate them. We could have done that both now and in 2009, but chose not to. Bayern didn't show us the same courtesy two years ago.

They never had any class, tonight again our players (and/or lucho) didn't go for the kill, and didn't dance on their grave for going through, 2 different worlds.

Simmelbert

Anyway, big, big respect to Bayern. They are just brute force in today's football. Excellent physical strength and endurance, great sync in attack...and also technically team is amazing. Respect.

thank you. it's really nice to hear words like this.

i'm very proud of our team. and when robbery is back, it's becoming even better :)

wish you all the best for the final!!! go and get the title!!!:barcascarf:

footyfan

Calma, calma
They never had any class, tonight again our players (and/or lucho) didn't go for the kill, and didn't dance on their grave for going through, 2 different worlds.

They couldn't go for the kill because Bayern were better and prevented that from happening. lol as if MSN would just stay back and not try to score goals when given the chance.

xavi_the_Boss

They couldn't go for the kill because Bayern were better and prevented that from happening. lol as if MSN would just stay back and not try to score goals when given the chance.

No that second half looked pretty lazy from the Team and the match was pretty much over.

footyfan

Calma, calma
No that second half looked pretty lazy from the Team.

It was lazy from Messi and Neymar but that was to be expected. Pedro in for Suarez also made a huge difference as Barca lost all dynamism up top. The rest of the team was not lazy at all, they were panicking and couldn't handle Bayern.

StarLord

Energy saving mode along with Bayern being one of the strongest teams in the world who kept fighting.

But it was not just the goals that we conceded (I know MSN killed them within 30mns, but still, we were embarrassing at times tonight) we also conceded several very good chances to Bayern tonight (who were excellent tonight as well)

I think it was both fatigue and complacency. With fatigue being the primary factor tonight. Bayern were far stronger and quicker tonight.

Home of Barca Fans