CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
More like 50-50. Barca has still everything to play for while Bayern only needs to focus on Barca.
Fitness played a large factor in our last meeting.

This. Bayern still has depth and can still beat us without Robbery. We need to shut down Thiago, Mueller and Lewandowski. Watch our for Bernat and Boateng, among other things.

StarLord

Masch never and I don't think Messi and Busquets were fit from what I can remember but they did play.

Yes Messi and Biscuits "played" in that game.

If Bayern play against us as they have been playing so far this season, they are getting monkey-hammered and I am not exaggerating one iota.

But, that will probably not happen. I think they are saving their best for last. Even if Robben misses the tie, they still have good players all around (not Badstuber of course) than can cause serious damage. I think Thiago will be super-motivated to prove to us that we were badly mistaken in sending him away, and he will either do something great or something stupid.

Barcadub

Thank god Robben and Ribery are out.

It's still going to be tough but I think we will beat them in the Nou camp.

StarLord

Most of us did, true. But pep was responsible for bringing him. Kinda ironic

I was always a big fan of Cesc, but his style is genuinely not ideal for us. I thought because of his good passing and his Masia schooling he would fit us like a glove (Barca DNA and all that) but he did not. He also always started well and then faded badly by year's end.

Anyhow, we have to live with what we've got. Thiago would have been a far better option for us and he is also much younger. Cesc has been playing since very young at the top level and it seems that he is already experiencing burn out. Thiago still has a lot of football in him, if he can stay away from injuries that is.

Patricho

I think Pep will seriously consider playing very defensively now against Barca. We won't park the the bus like Chelsea, but we simply don't have the players to play our normal system against Barca. It worked against Porto, but Barca is a different animal. Plus, we had to score two goals in the return leg against Porto to advance.

It's all about trying to contain MSN and maybe trying to nick one on the counter with Bernat, Götze and Müller. Götze is in poor form though and Bernat not really known for his scoring abilities. Well, Müller to save the day, then.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We really need to win over Bayern. Would hate it if los Blancos won cl again and odds are they would beat this Bayern.

lessthanjake

Is Ribery definitely out for the semi-finals? I've not read anything definite either way on that. I know Robben is out, but it would be a big deal for the tie if Ribery was out too.

Home of Barca Fans