CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Icarium

Lifestealer
In what way is 1-0 better than a 3-1? With a 1-0 result, you lose with a 3-1 result in the second leg. But with a 3-1 first leg result, it will go to extra time.

3-1 is always better than 1-0.

nvm you just made a mistake.

Yep 3-1 is better, i was just stressing how important it is to not concede a goal in the home leg.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Same happened against porto. It is not an accident if it happens more than once. If you pressure them they will commit mistakes. Barca attackers are decent enough to do that imo.

Well, playing Dante is always a high risk solution. Boateng is great 95% of the time, but still turns into Blunderteng occasionally. Alonso in his current form is also highly susceptible to any kind of pressure. Unless Benatia and Boateng stay healthy, we need not worry about Dante. Alonso might still be a factor as Pep just loves to play him and Schweinsteiger at the same time for reasons unknown (as it never really works). I guess we can expect him to feature agianst Barca too. Hopefully he gets his shit together for those 180/210 minutes. That would leave Bayern's potentially very high line as the other danger to not conceding. Well, with fast guys like Messi and Neymar, the prospect is frightening. Apparently, a lot will then depend on Bayern controlling the midfield, which is quite possible, given the change of tactics and decline of Baca's midfield in general. Long balls coming from the CBs would need to be prevented as well by pressing them good and hard.

IF all of that were to work, Bayern have a good chance of at least not conceding more than one. That is a big IF however.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

So we shouldn't look for 3 goal advantage or we shouldn't expect to have 2-3 goal advantage? I have expectations from this barca team, and seeing bayern team (some injured some still not at their best) we should go all out and finish the tie before going to alianz arena. A draw or one goal advantage would be very bad.

I don't expect a 3 goal advantage, or that the game will be easy. A 2-0 result will be excellent to me.

I know what we think won't affect the outcome of the game, but it annoys me a bit when I see people underestimating a team like Bayern, with a coach like Pep. Or thinking this is the 2013 tie with reversed roles. Their team is nowhere near the horrible state ours was back then, and ours is not as good as that bayern was.

Icarium

Lifestealer
@Ryu Yep, if all turns out well and your players don't commit mistakes you guys will definitely win. You will get a result something similar to psg against chelsea. A well organized defense and with crucial set piece goals or something similar. Hell bayern might even surprise by overwhelming us. Real did against us in the latest clasico for some time, but they were not clinical enough and they paid for it. Luck plays a huge factor in these kind of games.

At the end of the day anything can happen, but on paper we should beat you guys by 2 goals. At least that is my opinion.

FCBayern

Silly mistakes huh?
The same silly mistakes bayern did against porto?
If they make these silly mistakes against barca MSN will have a party.

Against Porto it was a horrible display and the result was more than fair, Bayern deserved to lose that game, which was not the case against City. Against City they were the better team even with a man less. As for the mistakes, sorry but I don't believe Dante will start against Barca, we just got Benatia back, so no party on sight.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I don't expect a 3 goal advantage, or that the game will be easy. A 2-0 result will be excellent to me.

I know what we think won't affect the outcome of the game, but it annoys me a bit when I see people underestimating a team like Bayern, with a coach like Pep. Or thinking this is the 2013 tie with reversed roles. Their team is nowhere near the horrible state ours was back then, and ours is not as good as that bayern was.

I am not underestimating bayern. It is the opposite, i consider it to be a difficult game. That is why we need to score 2-3 goals in the first leg otherwise we will pay for it in the return leg.

Alik

I think people expecting/hoping for a high win in the first leg is precisely because they are wary of facing Bayern at the Allianz.

At least that's how I view it. I would also be pleased with a 2-0 victory. But Bayern's demolition of Porto is fresh in my mind.

I really wish we played the first leg away.

Anyways, as long as we don't go crazy we should be fine.

A lovely scenario would be:

Win 2-0 in the first leg.
Score first in the second leg.

By that stage I'd be breathing easy.

JamDav1982

Against Porto it was a horrible display and the result was more than fair, Bayern deserved to lose that game, which was not the case against City. Against City they were the better team even with a man less. As for the mistakes, sorry but I don't believe Dante will start against Barca, we just got Benatia back, so no party on sight.

No mistakes from Benatia?

It was his poor defending that put Bayern down to ten men in that game. Sure he had a howler of a mistake in home game vs City also but could be mistaken.

ALL defenders make mistakes, the best ones just make the least.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

@Ryu Yep, if all turns out well and your players don't commit mistakes you guys will definitely win.

Well, I was merely talking about not conceding. Somebody will still have to score at least one goal to actually "win". :lol:
Without Robben, Lewa and most likely Ribery (and Alaba), I'm just not that confident about it.
Müller is still pretty capable, but he on his own is easy to take out. Or at least not that difficult to take out of the match.
Götze atm is a fucking joke. He is like a blunt knife if played on the left wing. Or rather a sword hilt without a blade. Pizarro? Yeah, right. :p
Thiago maybe, although he is not your typical goal scoring monster. He has different qualities. Maybe a header after a corner. Oh, wait. No, that Boateng goal against Porto in the second leg must have been the first in ages. Maybe with a direct freekick then. That might work. :p

FCBayern

No mistakes from Benatia?

It was his poor defending that put Bayern down to ten men in that game. Sure he had a howler of a mistake in home game vs City also but could be mistaken.

ALL defenders make mistakes, the best ones just make the least.

True, but not a guaranteed mistake, which unfortunately cannot be said about Dante this year..

StarLord

A 2-0 result is beyond excellent. It almost ends the tie from the first game. We score one in Bavaria and they are done and dusted.

The 2-3 defeat vs City had Bayern play with 10 men, so we should not ascribe too much weight on that.

But overall, Bayern have not done well against good teams this season. Both in Germany and in Europe. We have been awesome against more and more formidable opponents, no two ways about it. This is the reason why I consider us as favorites.

But football always carries a heavy element of randomness. We can play awesome and fail to score (Celta or City at home, two games we should have scored a grand total of at least 10 goals in, we only scored one) and have Bayern score a Diego/Essien-esque lucky golazo and leave us leaking our wounds in the end.

Bayern may also manage to raise their game for this one, significantly. If they play like that have in big games this season, they are going down, and they are going down ugly, unless they get City/Celta levels of luck on their side.

So, I would say we are definitely favorites, but Bayern are nothing to be sniffed at and the element of luck is always there as well. So, we shall see.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Der aus dem Stadion humpelnde Medhi Benatia, dessen rechtes Bein dick bandagiert war?

What the flipping actual fuck????

Just read that now on Spiegel Online. So apparently Benatia limped out of the stadium yesterday night with his right leg heavily bandaged. If Benatia is out too, then we really might as well throw the towel. If Dante starts, Jeesus fuck. I will not be able to watch the slaughter. I don't deserve this.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I think people expecting/hoping for a high win in the first leg is precisely because they are wary of facing Bayern at the Allianz.

At least that's how I view it. I would also be pleased with a 2-0 victory. But Bayern's demolition of Porto is fresh in my mind.

Yeah, i don't know how they see it as being arrogant or underestimating bayern side... We should be wary of threat bayern pose in alianz arena that is why we need to finish the tie in the home leg. Settling for 1-0 or 2-1 might not be a great thing, it is not the end of the world but it will be complicated. The fact that there is chance for bayern will motivate them even more.

Anyway stop praising your opponents too much. I hope barca doesn't give too much respect for bayern, they should be ruthless.

Home of Barca Fans