CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

F

Flavia

If we lose the first leg, that would be biggest disappointment of this season. It is a matter of how many goals we score, if it is only one goal lead we will make things complicated in the return leg. Then our chances seriously drop. 3 is a comfortable lead, but we need at least 2 goals lead going to alianz arena. Pep was never good at away matches, we should be able to win the match easily unless we fuck up real bad.
It's a cl semifinal, and it's bayern, not getafe. It won't be easy.

Icarium

Lifestealer
It's a cl semifinal, and it's bayern, not getafe. It won't be easy.

So we shouldn't look for 3 goal advantage or we shouldn't expect to have 2-3 goal advantage? I have expectations from this barca team, and seeing bayern team (some injured some still not at their best) we should go all out and finish the tie before going to alianz arena. A draw or one goal advantage would be very bad.

FCBayern

Pep losing it is the cliche for a bayern win, haha. He'll plan this game as if his life depended on it.

let's hope he does, but still he needs to do a miracle with the current situation. it is complicated. Especially if Lewa will not play, I don't know if Pep will pull a rabbit out of the hat..

StarLord

So we shouldn't look for 3 goal advantage or we shouldn't expect to have 2-3 goal advantage? I have expectations from this barca team, and seeing bayern team (some injured some still not at their best) we should go all out and finish the tie before going to alianz arena. A draw or one goal advantage would be very bad.

If we can get a 5 goal advantage it will be even better, yeah?

But football does not work like that. Bayern are not as reliant on Robben as we are on Messi.

Take out Messi from our team and we lose 35% of our capabilities. Take out MSN and we are toast. Absolute toast. We wouldn't be able to beat Cordoba (at least away)

Take out Robben, Ribery and maybe even Lewa, and they won't lose much more than 25% at the maximum. And Lewa/Ribery may play on Wed.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi

I agree, I personally would not consider a 3-2 win at camp nou to be a good result, because it's not, and because i'm expecting better.

Still can't quite understand the floating pessimism, even if the tie is "objectively" 50-50, the love for barça instantly makes it 55-45, otherwise what are we bringing to the team if not optimism and enthusiasm ?

Only explanation I can see for both Barça fans here and the BM officials or fans saying the opposite (barça is favourite) is false modesty.

Icarium

Lifestealer
If we can get a 5 goal advantage it will be even better, yeah?

Obviously but it is not possible.

Anyway my point is we should go all out during the entire 90 mins. In every important match we play conservative after scoring 1 or 2 goals. Trying to defend that lead, we should't do that against bayern. That is what i mean, not that bayern are super weak right now or we can easily thrash them. They are not at their best right now and it would logical thing to do to score as many goals as possible. Instead trying to defend 1 goal advantages. 1 goal advantage means nothing imo while playing second match away.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I agree, I personally would not consider a 3-2 win at camp nou to be a good result, because it's not, and because i'm expecting better.

Still can't quite understand the floating pessimism, even if the tie is "objectively" 50-50, the love for barça instantly makes it 55-45, otherwise what are we bringing to the team if not optimism and enthusiasm ?

Only explanation I can see for both Barça fans here and the BM officials or fans saying the opposite (barça is favourite) is false modesty.

Both of them want their team to win against the odds. It would make a better story.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Any win better or equal with 1-0 is a great result.

Equal to 1-0? No I don't think that's a great result. By the time of the second leg, Bayern will have more players back and have home advantage. They can definitely win by a 2 goal margin against Barca.

No, Barca need to wrap up the tie by the first leg. 2-0+ would be ideal.

Home of Barca Fans