CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

StarLord

It's good that you don't care. I actually agree with your point that Bayern haven't been that convincing in "big games" this season. Just find it funny how people on the Internet always make things up to support their argument, that's all :)

How do you pretend to even know whether I have watched the bayern vs City game or not? Isn't it available on the internet? So you think I don't watch any Bayern Munich games in the CL? I also watched your game vs CSKA in Russia (since it was early, no clash with my team's game) I also watched both of your games vs Porto. I did not watch the City - Bayern game though, I could not find it on the internet for some reason, in any case, it was a dead rubber for Bayern. I also watched neither of the Roma games, nor the Shaktar games.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Why is it pathetic exactly? Is anything of what I posted false?

Generally? You use a shit-ton of straw men and also have a habit of cherry-picking what supports your current opinion, while ignoring or adjusting the rest to make it fit. Just a recent example: For you, apparently WoB or Gladbach are big teams now (considering that you belittle them in other threads makes it all the more ridiculous), while you literally laugh at the idea of anyone calling Rome a big team. How are Rome not bigger than Gladbach for example?

Anyways, by "pathetic" I meant the exchange in general. Everytime I see you write something, there is a good chance of it being part of another pissing contest or bragging about current in-form Barca. To me, that seems like it should bore a person quickly. Not the case with you however.

StarLord

Not important but since today Bayern is 3rd favourite to win the Champions League after Barça and Real Madrid for the bookies.

Great opportunity for the optimistic BM fans to make some "easy" money :)

This is what I have been saying to those who said that we had zero chances for the CL this season. What are you "experts" waiting for then? Just lay Barcelona to win the CL and you make easy $$$.

Richard.H

Ryu, don't listen to the people pissing on Bayern. Rational Barca fans still hold Bayern in high regard. I'm dead serious, if we don't win by 3+ goal margin in Camp Nou we'll be fuked, especially if Robben is back for that leg.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Ryu, don't listen to the people pissing on Bayern. Rational Barca fans still hold Bayern in high regard. I'm dead serious, if we don't win by 3+ goal margin in Camp Nou we'll be fuked, especially if Robben is back for that leg.

Well, you don't need to worry (too much) then since Bayern already said that Robben will be out for the rest of the season :lol: ... :(

Patricho

How do you pretend to even know whether I have watched the bayern vs City game or not? Isn't it available on the internet? So you think I don't watch any Bayern Munich games in the CL? I also watched your game vs CSKA in Russia (since it was early, no clash with my team's game) I also watched both of your games vs Porto. I did not watch the City - Bayern game though, I could not find it on the internet for some reason, in any case, it was a dead rubber for Bayern. I also watched neither of the Roma games, nor the Shaktar games.

Well, you explicitly said that you re-watched Barca's game and Bayern's game against City. I just find that scenario highly unlikely. Why spend 180 minutes of your time to prove a point? It's also a common thing among posters on football message boards to claim that they have watched x-amount of games of Team A to give themselves more credibility.

But if you really re-watched those games because you're genuinely passionate about football in general, then fair enough.

StarLord

Generally? You use a shit-ton of straw men and also have a habit of cherry-picking what supports your current opinion, while ignoring or adjusting the rest to make it fit. Just a recent example: For you, apparently WoB or Gladbach are big teams now (considering that you belittle them in other threads makes it all the more ridiculous), while you literally laugh at the idea of anyone calling Rome a big team. How are Rome not bigger than Gladbach for example?

Anyways, by "pathetic" I meant the exchange in general. Everytime I see you write something, there is a good chance of it being part of another pissing contest or bragging about current in-form Barca. To me, that seems like it should bore a person quickly. Not the case with you however.

Well, if Roma are a great side, then surely Gladbach are one as well.

I will belittle almost any team if the context is the right one. I also never said that Leverkusen or Gladbach are giants of club football, but they are the strongest teams (outside of Bayern) in the German league as it currently stands. If I had to look for really big teams, the biggest one you have faced this season is Man City. While we have faced City (in far more decisive knock-outs) PSG x4 and Real Madrid. Someone may well argue that Atletico should be there as well.

OK, if you insist so much on Roma, then OK, Roma are a big team. They are definitely better than Getafe for example. But they have been a disaster in several games this season, that's all.

Now, to reply to your unwarranted aggression. I am really perplexed as to how you, a serial Bayern-hyper, can accuse a Barca fan, on a Barca forum, right before the CL semi between Bayern and Barca of engaging in so-called "pissing contests" when all I have done is to type the results of Bayern against the Bundesliga Top 5, and Barca's results against the Liga Top 5. Plus a few other relevant (according to me) results from the CL.

If you feel that those results are totally irrelevant/partly irrelevant or totally relevant then say so and try to back your arguments with some facts and some solid reasoning.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

No, I'm not getting into that pissing contest (this time at least not :p) with you. I was merely pointing out a few things and wondered whether you ever get tired of this kind of stuff. ;)

StarLord

Well, you explicitly said that you re-watched Barca's game and Bayern's game against City. I just find that scenario highly unlikely. Why spend 180 minutes of your time to prove a point? It's also a common thing among posters on football message boards to claim that they have watched x-amount of games of Team A to give themselves more credibility.

But if you really re-watched those games because you're genuinely passionate about football in general, then fair enough.

No man, I did not watch those games to prove any point. I watch big games in general so that I can form an opinion on how good they CL favorites are playing. Nowadays, I do not have so much time on my hands, so I restrict myself in watching the Barca games, the Real games (not always) a few Atletico games, plus some big EPL games, plus some big CL games. Even this is taking a lot of time but hey, I do like football.

Bayern were considered one of the top two favorites for the CL (along with RM) for much of the season. We were a distant 3rd (closer to Chelsea :lol:) You think I would have no interest in how Bayern are doing? I am always worried about the teams that can knock us out of the CL. For this reason I watch their (difficult) games when I can.

Last edited:

StarLord

No, I'm not getting into that pissing contest (this time at least not :p) with you. I was merely pointing out a few things and wondered whether you ever get tired of these things. ;)

It's very hard for me to get tired of anything that I am interested in. And top-level football is one of those things. From what I have seen here, you don't seem to tire easily either.

StarLord

I did not piss on Bayern mate.

I only said that their big game record this season is vastly inferior to ours. Now, whether they can raise their game against us (I think they can) remains to be seen. Or maybe Bayern do not really care about beating Gladbach and Wolfsburg since their league supremacy is assured.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

It's very hard for me to get tired of anything that I am interested in. And top-level football is one of those things. From what I have seen here, you don't seem to tire easily either.

Well, the injustice that was yesterday's match with all the resulting injuries because of one major brain fart by the ref (with another to follow soon after) broke something in me. The whole day I had mood swings ranging from hatred and rage to sadness and melancholia. I have essentially finally given up on this season. My gf mocking me for my rather stupid passion for football and Bayern (or any team for that matter), clearly didn't help much either.

StarLord

Well, the injustice that was yesterday's match with all the resulting injuries because of one major brain fart by the ref (with another to follow soon after) broke something in me. The whole day I had mood swings ranging from hatred and rage to sadness and melancholia. I have essentially finally given up on this season. My gf mocking me for my rather stupid passion for football and Bayern (or any team for that matter), clearly didn't help much either.

Tough luck it was. But injuries can happen even in practice as well. The problem for Bayern is the Robben injury. The cup title carries little weight for Bayern and I think Lewandowski will play in the end. He will surely play the 2nd leg.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Even if he could play, he'd not be the same as before that vicious attack. No matter the mask, his frikkin jaw and nose are still broken and a concussion usually doesn't heal within just 8 days, at least not completely.

Also, I don't want to imagine of Benatia is also injured, which according to Spiegel is a very likely scenario atm.

StarLord

Even if he could play, he'd not be the same as before that vicious attack. No matter the mask, his frikkin jaw and nose are still broken and a concussion usually doesn't heal within just 8 days, at least not completely.

Also, I don't want to imagine of Benatia is also injured, which according to Spiegel is a very likely scenario atm.

A broken nose heals very quickly (I know from personal experience) The jaw I would imagine is much more serious problem. So yes, it is very unlikely that he will be able to give it 100%. Still, Muller can take his place, but yes I see your point, if Suarez had the same issue I would be majorly pissed.

Still, Bayern does not rely on a few individuals as much as we do. Not saying those are not serious absences, but you get my point. Take out our MSN, and we are toast. While you can take Bayern's 3 best players (I don't even think that anyone can say for sure who those three are) out, and it will not affect them nearly as much.

Home of Barca Fans