CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Saw on the Bayern forum about an alleged "anti-Messi plan" that Guardiola came up with, seeking to isolate Messi so that he doesn't get the ball very often. Anybody knows anything about that? I am sure Luis Enrique will be thinking about counter-plans trying to nullify or preempt any plans that Guardiola has for us since he knows us so well.

F

forcabarca

Of course.. Every team wants to isolate Messi. But It'll be very hard to keep MSN quiet.

Yannik

i think the title of the video is not really much of a debate, but i found it to be a stunning compilation of goals there anyway from both players.
Sick dribblings by Suarez, sick volleys from Lewandowski.

Last edited:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Great volleys from Lewa indeed.

Suarez is a completely different beast though.

StarLord

Of course.. Every team wants to isolate Messi. But It'll be very hard to keep MSN quiet.

If they place excessive attention on Messi, they seriously run the risk of getting punished by Neymar and Suarez. Gone are the days when all Messi had in support was Pedro and Alexis, or Ibra.

Yannik

There is also the option that none of Messi, Neymar or Suarez has to be isolated, because the ball is so incredibly uncalm in the whole game and there is so less space for any player on the pitch to control it and start something, that noone on the whole pitch is actively expressing any sort of danger. Ive seen this sort of awful games many times.

Devils

I lol'd @ anti-Messi plan.

Managers have been trying to come up with anti-Messi plans for the past 10 years.

Vlom

There is also the option that none of Messi, Neymar or Suarez has to be isolated, because the ball is so incredibly uncalm in the whole game and there is so less space for any player on the pitch to control it and start something, that noone on the whole pitch is actively expressing any sort of danger. Ive seen this sort of awful games many times.

Very unlikely though, both teams have too much quality for that, both know how to control and pass the ball, I expect different phases of the game where dominance is inter changed, there will be attacks, and there will be space.

F

Flavia

I lol'd @ anti-Messi plan.

Managers have been trying to come up with anti-Messi plans for the past 10 years.

Some have succeeded in shuting him down. Thing is, now there's Suarez and Neymar. If all 3 are playing well, it gets really hard for any defense.

Some have succeeded in shuting him down. Thing is, now there's Suarez and Neymar. If all 3 are playing well, it gets really hard for any defense.

that's what terrifies everyone else. Our football isn't just as magical and lightning quick as the best of Guardiola's barça, but we are so much more versatile now. Defense is pretty much fixed, front three can make a goal out of any counters, suarez can scrape a few typical n9 goals, we're dangerous on set-pieces, and can still play excellent midfield possession football, especially when Iniesta is on form.

Vlom

Silly dispossession could hurt us a lot. A few blunders at the wrong time can nearly end the tie in one game.

Hope that helped :mou:

Hahaha.

I hope the Don will have his best night of the season, if that happens at the same time as our MSN walking on water like they are now, no one can stop us :)

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??

Pls, throwing the nearest 4 players at messi everytime he gets the ball isn't a plan, because that's how everyone tried to deal with him.
And even if they pressure him madly, he can only be shutdown if he's in a bad night, otherwise nothing can stop him.

ManusXavi

An Anti-Messi plan would be most effective by stopping him from getting the ball.
Once Messi gets the ball there is no Anti-Messi Plan. Messi is a playmaker and a goal scorer. Football is a team game.

Home of Barca Fans