CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Haha, I just googled that sentence... and it's obvious the media are gonna go into headline overdose for the next 30hrs or so :lol:

I'm waiting for the official press conferences.

Yannik

What the fuck? Do you just enjoy not reading articles and love just gleaning everything off click-bait headlines?

"I have a lot of respect for Messi and for everything that he has achieved. He is very humble, but it's crucial to show authority when we meet on the pitch and show him who's boss."

thats basically what he said. But of course statements like this can give some newspapers reasons to come up with the most adventurous headlines

nnao

"I have a lot of respect for Messi and for everything that he has achieved. He is very humble, but it's crucial to show authority when we meet on the pitch and show him who's boss."

thats basically what he said. But of course statements like this can give some newspapers reasons to come up with the most adventurous headlines

At this point I feel like we should all know better than to take any goal dot com or equivalent headline seriously.

nnao

Remember when Pep "refused" to sign that kid's Barca jersey? And a lot of Barca fans were lashing out at him, but then it turned out that he did sign it and was just saying no to a photo. Or similarly, "the clapping incident" where he was just expressing frustration and the doctor was not even in the stadium. :rolleyes:

XaviMessiGirl

At this point I feel like we should all know better than to take any goal dot com or equivalent headline seriously.

And a couple people were wondering the other day why links from that website or similar ones aren't allowed on here... this is why.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Tbh they just took the same headline and interview from L'equipe.

The headline from L'équipe is a lot less provocative imo :

«Face à Messi, il faut montrer qui est le patron»

"When you're facing Messi, you need to show who's boss"

Hamzah

High Definition Member
This must be the biggest hype before a game ever. Anyone know the forum record for posts before the game started?

nnao

Tbh they just took the same headline and interview from L'equipe.

Well, any newspaper headline will be similar. But even then, goal is the worst.

Just checked L'equipe's website and their headline is different:
"Face à Messi, il faut montrer qui est le patron " loosely translates to "When facing Messi, it's necessary to show who's boss".

The fundamental difference between that and "I'll show Messi who's boss" should be obvious here.

Likewise saying, "It's necessary to outscore and play better than Barca to win" != "We will outscore Barca and play better than them."
You don't exactly need a genius to tell you that playing with confidence and authority is important in a big game like this.

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Well, any newspaper headline will be similar. But even then, goal is the worst.

Just checked L'equipe's website and their headline is different:

"Face à Messi, il faut montrer qui est le patron " loosely translates to "When facing Messi, it's necessary to show who's boss".

The fundamental difference between that and "I'll show Messi who's boss" should be obvious here.

Likewise saying, "It's necessary to outscore and play better than Barca to win" != "We will outscore Barca and play better than them"

Goal is the worst, but anyway I am wondering, has Neuer ever played against Neymar or Suarez?

nnao

Goal is the worst, but anyway I am wondering, has Neuer ever played against Neymar or Suarez?

Just international friendlies, both in 2011.

vs. Neymar: 3-2 for Germany. Neymar scored one in extra time.

vs. Suarez: 2-1 for Germany. Suarez didn't score.

Don't really think anything can be made from that, though, especially considering they're friendlies.

Last edited:

StarLord

That still sounds like a pile of nonsense from Neuer.

nnao

That still sounds like a pile of nonsense from Neuer.

How? Because he should believe that it's necessary to be submissive and meek when you're facing off in the biggest match of the season? Obviously, both teams will be looking to show authority and be dominant (not necessarily with possession) during the 180-210 mins. That's pretty much a no-brainer.

Morten

Speaking of Neuer, while he is merely a passenger in bundesliga, in this match he really needs to be on top if Bayern is going to have any hope of going through. Bayerns fragile and injury ridden team will need a top top Neuer performance.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Speaking of Neuer, while he is merely a passenger in bundesliga, in this match he really needs to be on top if Bayern is going to have any hope of going through. Bayerns fragile and injury ridden team will need a top top Neuer performance.

That's why i hope that we'll try to score goals like the ones Suarez, Messi and Xavi scored against Getafe, these are unstoppable. And don't forget that he is a sweeper, so we may have few opportunities to score an open goal :)

Home of Barca Fans