CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Xabi and Neur's press conference is starting.

Xabi still a cunt.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Why? I'd rather have the first leg at home honestly.

No, if you score any away goals we might be over. The goal is always to score away goals away (and even a loss is acceptable) and come home and turn it around based on home turf. This is clearly an advantage perceived by UEFA that's why in the CL quarter finals the lower seated/ranked teams based on result of the group stage get to play at home first.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I am still bitter the first leg is played at home. Was that a result of a draw? Or a FIFA conspiracy?

huh? playing at home first is a great advantage. sets up the second leg and if it goes to extra time we have the advantage.

the opposite scenario is a bad result away and having to claw back at home in the second leg.

nnao

No, if you score any away goals we might be over. The goal is always to score away goals away (and even a loss is acceptable) and come home and turn it around based on home turf. This is clearly an advantage perceived by UEFA that's why in the CL quarter finals the lower seated/ranked teams based on result of the group stage get to play at home first.

Why would fifa want the lower ranked teams to go through? They want the biggest clubs in the latter stages.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
huh? playing at home first is a great advantage. sets up the second leg and if it goes to extra time we have the advantage.

the opposite scenario is a bad result away and having to claw back at home in the second leg.

That is if you assume the home team will win without conceding though.

Bad result (losing away but with away goals) is not bad (case in point, Bayern's loss against Porto away) and you can relatively easily overcome that in the second leg at home.

I guess both have its advantages and disadvantages. But UEFA clearly thinks playing at home is a bit more disadvantageous for the home team as I indicated in my post above.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Why would fifa want the lower ranked teams to go through? They want the biggest clubs in the latter stages.

Exactly, that's why they let the lower ranked teams to play at home first and then away because they too think this setting favors the higher ranked teams. Hence my point.

skn02

I find it amusing that he, together with StarLord, is the one being the most condecending forum user towards Bayern around here, belitteling Bayern and their supporters at every opportunity and if at least some of that flak is partially returned, he is the first to complain. And he wonders why I have a hard time taking him seriously. :lol:

I'm sure 90% of cules on this forum find you annoying and arrogant as you "bayern fans" find me, but most of them unlike me just stay classy and not calling you out on it. Again, did you find any excuses yet for the Bayern defeat to RM last season as you always somehow magically do??? *in your own world anyway*

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
ryu is alright. his subtle trolling can be too much for some people though, like thomas muller. i appreciate it though.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Well, Pep using opposite technique to his players lol

Basically, Barça has too much talent for him to prepare a defensive plan, bla bla .. weird stuff.

hardyboy

"Part of Guardiola's pre-match planning will focus on Messi...but once the ball starts rolling, Messi is a special footballer who is capable of producing something new." - Diego Pablo Simeone

Home of Barca Fans