CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Ribéry, Robben, Alaba, Rode, Badstuber, Starke and possibly Lewandowski will miss that game tomorrow.

I wonder which line-up Pep will use..

I can give you ten players - the 11th is the big question

Neuer, Rafinha, Benatia, Boateng, Bernat, Lahm, Alonso, Thiago, Müller, Lewandowski

Schweinsteiger, Götze - even Weiser, Martinez or Dante could be the 11th

A lot think that it would be Schweinsteiger. Than the team could look like this:

.................Neuer
.......Benatia - Boateng - Rafinha
Lahm - Alonso - Schweinsteiger - Bernat
...........Müller - Thiago
............Lewandowski

Maybe interesting - against Porto we played like this (Benatia and Schweinsteiger injured)

...............Neuer
Rafinha - Boateng - Badstuber - Bernat
...............Alonso
Lahm - Müller - Thiago - Götze
.............Lewandowski

Last edited:
Neuer,Benatia,Javi,Boateng,Bernat,Basti,Thiago,Lahm,Gotze,Lewa,Muller

Like so: http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=702w

Pep will play Rafinha and Alonso. He does not play a half fit Javi and a half fit Schweinsteiger when Alonso - who matches great to Thiago, Müller and Lahm - is fit - especially as he did not play him on the weekend whereas Bastian went 90 minutes.

And why should you be disappointed when Javi does not play... He was out 9 month and played 60 minutes in an unimportant match. He cannot be fit enough right now.

Last edited:
I do hope Alonso does something stupid and gets carded.

As long it is a yellow it is ok. Pep will have Martinez and/or Schweinsteiger on the bench who can take over... Timesharing... ;)
It just should not be that early. But the referee is Rizzoli. Defenders usually get away with murder.

nnao

Pep will play Rafinha and Alonso. He does not play a half fit Javi and a half fit Schweinsteiger when Alonso - who matches great to Thiago, Müller and Lahm - is fit - especially as he did not play him on the weekend whereas Bastian went 90 minutes.

And why should you be disappointed when Javi does not play... He was out 9 month and played 60 minutes in an unimportant match. He cannot be fit enough right now.

I think that Rafinha is likely to start tomorrow, but I don't think that he'd be a sure starter for big matches. He's not fully fit either.

Pep has made it pretty clear that his ideal system is a 3 at the back because Bayern bring out the ball from the back best. Also, I got the impression that Basti will play because I re-read Pep Confidential recently and:

‘And if we were up against Cristiano and Bale’s Madrid, you wouldn’t play Boateng, who is our fastest centre-half? And if it was against Barça, would you seriously consider taking on Messi without Bastian? And you’d play Chelsea with a traditional centre-forward but without Götze and Müller?’

I also never said that Javi has to start but I will be disappointed if he doesn't play. Pep clearly thinks of him as a starter when fit and he seems to be able to handle at least around 60 mins. He's been in running training since like February, now?

Last edited:

Barcilliant

The thing I dread most in these big games are the ref's. Because the tie is so balanced any screw ups from the ref can really change the outcome of the tie

ManusXavi

Messi has played a lot of game time this season. His game impact could be limited as Bayern make us chase shadows with their possession. How enthusiastic and costly will Messi be in his defending and how will chasing shadows effect his impact on attack?

Egert

Estonian Culé
Hopefully Messi can do something do get out of the heavy marking. But if they mark Leo with 2-3 men, it will only leave other open.

Home of Barca Fans