Claudio Bravo

God Serena

Let's be real here. Any respectable goalkeeper does better than Mats at defending his box from corners and crosses. On top of that now his confidence is shaken and can't even play his only forte, a sweeper keeper, due to goals he conceded vs. Bilbao and Roma that became laughing material all over internet.

Victor Valdes even in his great final season here still flapped like a bird when a corner came into his area. And in Stegen's last game he was quite good with his distribution still.

Kerrybai

Remember the meltdown towards Mats after we lost to Celta? I'm pretty sure the common narrative at that point was a combination of "Good goalkeepers are able to make saves we don't expect them to" and "Bravo is better at organizing his defense so his defense doesn't play that poorly" and "Bravo has the same defense and he doesn't concede any goals".

What the hell happened? I mean, I knew this was going to happen because I can pretty easily tell what the real problem is, but still, I'm shocked that the BS arguments for Bravo aren't really ringing true.

Huh? Ter Stegen made mistakes and he was rightly criticised. I didn't see any mistakes from Bravo... That was the issue we had with MaTS.

God Serena

Huh? Ter Stegen made mistakes and he was rightly criticised. I didn't see any mistakes from Bravo... That was the issue we had with MaTS.

Considering the biggest meltdown was after the 4-1 loss to Celta, I'd like for you to list everything Mats did wrong in that game.

Observer

Banned
Considering the biggest meltdown was after the 4-1 loss to Celta, I'd like for you to list everything Mats did wrong in that game.

When will you stop deviating the subject to fit your argument and actually admit the errors that weren't particularly displayed in that game. Just because you selectively willing to ignore them doesn't mean they don't exist.

Mats was great in distribution, we get it (he usually is & better than Bravo) & he also made some good saves. But he made those errors in other games, whether in lack of reaction/criteria, he made those & few of them significantly impacted the outcome of the game. That's an unfortunate fact.

Good deeds do not take away the bad ones, blunders do not take away saves, but you gotta acknowledge them both to be fair. Spinning around a subject does not constitute or validate an argument, is just piling more BS around it.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

He couldn't do much about those goals, but what has that meltdown got to do with what I said? He has been very very average and has had some major mistakes, and thus he got criticised. He has a lot to prove and Bravo is currently ahead of him.

El Flaco

Bravo's conceded goals from Krohn-Delhi and Iborra vs. Sevilla

[gfy]BoldFamousBarasingha[/gfy]

[gfy]FragrantTastyAfricanwilddog[/gfy]

Last edited:

Observer

Banned
Totally outplayed in both, add to that the poor coverage & no reaction from CBs.

Hard not to facepalm at Mathieu, he looked amateurish in 2nd goal

xXKonan

Totally outplayed in both, add to that the poor coverage & no reaction from CBs.

Hard not to facepalm at Mathieu, he looked amateurish in 2nd goal
Can't blame Bravo for that game at all. Mathieu was playing like a dude who stopped giving a shit :lol: and has for quite some time and it's really Toxic attitude to have.

Home of Barca Fans