Claudio Bravo

F

Flavia

Oh yeah of course, doesn't matter mats made major blunders does it

1 or 2 blunders. 3 if you count the one Mathieu should had jumped and didn't.

Some people were saying (and being ridiculed about it) that it was our defense at fault for most goals conceded so far. And it was, as shown today again. Bravo on goal wouldn't had prevented the loss vs Celta, for instance.
The scapegoating on MAts was pretty bad, and unfounded. Bravo is a better keeper, but with our current defense, it won't matter.

Barcafan 2304

1 or 2 blunders. 3 if you count the one Mathieu should had jumped and didn't.

Some people were saying (and being ridiculed about it) that it was our defense at fault for most goals conceded so far. And it was, as shown today again. Bravo on goal wouldn't had prevented the loss vs Celta, for instance.
The scapegoating on MAts was pretty bad, and unfounded. Bravo is a better keeper, but with our current defense, it won't matter.

Not arguing the defence isn't a shambles but this constant excuse making for mats is annoying. He has made blunders, inspires no confidence and is woefully out of form. To argue otherwise and absolve him of blame is ridiculous

F

Flavia

Not arguing the defence isn't a shambles but this constant excuse making for mats is annoying. He has made blunders, inspires no confidence and is woefully out of form. To argue otherwise and absolve him of blame is ridiculous

Nah. Ridiculous was the scapegoating over him. It wasn't fair criticism, for the most of it, anyway.
And as usual, many aspects in which MAtS contributed a lot were always ignored. As his superb passing helping the defense to absorb pressure for the past 2 games.

Barcafan 2304

Nah. Ridiculous was the scapegoating over him. It wasn't fair criticism, for the most of it, anyway.
And as usual, many aspects in which MAtS contributed a lot were always ignored. As his superb passing helping the defense to absorb pressure for the past 2 games.

Nah don't accept that at all. Lobbed twice from the halfway line, not commanding of his area and a run of poor performances. People can cheerlead all they want, he has been poor and if people say they have confidence in him at present, it beggars belief

Galning

Well, I guess this burst most bubbles. The biggest problem we have is the lack of control in midfield and defending like 12 year olds, not the goalkeeper.

F

Flavia

Nah don't accept that at all. Lobbed twice from the halfway line, not commanding of his area and a run of poor performances. People can cheerlead all they want, he has been poor and if people say they have confidence in him at present, it beggars belief

The run of poor performances were from the defense, not from him. That was the scapegoating I was talking about.

Barcafan 2304

The run of poor performances were from the defense, not from him. That was the scapegoating I was talking about.

Well yeah, I certainly take and agree with that and apologise for the misunderstanding. Certainly, the defence has been poor and have to shoulder responsibility for the problems we have experienced recently. You are right, the buck doesn't only stop with the keeper and I accept and agree

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Well, it's also pretty ridiculous to call Navas the best gk in the world atm. :>

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Yeah, it's defense fault he can't rule his 6 yard box and that he conceded from opposition half twice in 2 two weeks.

Bravo is one level above young Stegen.

F

Flavia

Yeah, it's defense fault he can't rule his 6 yard box and that he conceded from opposition half twice in 2 two weeks.

Bravo is one level above young Stegen.

I never denied his mistakes, or that Bravo isn't better currently. However, the blaming going on here was too much. Game today showed what the real problems are, and it's not really the gk. In the game vs Celta he didn't have much fault, and still was treated as if he was to blame for the whole team playing badly, especially the defense. And as I've said before, what he does well is ignored, even if he's better than Bravo at that, which is his passing.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Let's be real here. Any respectable goalkeeper does better than Mats at defending his box from corners and crosses. On top of that now his confidence is shaken and can't even play his only forte, a sweeper keeper, due to goals he conceded vs. Bilbao and Roma that became laughing material all over internet.

F

Flavia

He played as sweeper keeper fine in his last game. His passing was also very helpful.

Home of Barca Fans