Claudio Bravo

Icarium

Lifestealer
I feel like we're going in circles here [MENTION=15846]Icarium[/MENTION]

IMO, and something that has proved to be vital for GKs is...regular playing time.

All those I mentioned got it at ter Stegen's age. I don't see how anyone can come to the conclusion that he's not good enough for a starting role and that Bravo is that much better than him that we're losing out big by playing MAtS regularly.

I think just in the last 15 years we've tried out several GKs that haven't reached a satisfactory level. Yet ter Stegen has managed to stay relevant with irregular playing time, with minutes spread out all over the season instead of every week. Especially when you consider he arrived without knowing the league or language. That itself is a testament of his talent and mentality needed to succeed here.

The most recent example of a young GK struggling until he started playing every week is Oblak.

As I said if Lucho and the board trusts Mats so much then sure give him more minutes and bench Bravo or sell him. That is a gamble that they have to take. It is my personal preference to keep things as it is for one more season.

Total-Football

there is no excuse to push out Bravo .. he's the liga guy and we won it twice .. Matz is the champions league guy and we lost one .. simple math , mats' role should be reduced to copa del rey , Bravo is not old at all . Yes , Mats has the potential to be better , but Robinho had the potential too .. the reality impose itself

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
there is no excuse to push out Bravo .. he's the liga guy and we won it twice .. Matz is the champions league guy and we lost one .. simple math , mats' role should be reduced to copa del rey , Bravo is not old at all . Yes , Mats has the potential to be better , but Robinho had the potential too .. the reality impose itself

@Trickykid , he's yours to deal with this time.

I can't even :facepalm:

That's surely in the top 10 worst posts I've ever seen, just because of the logic used right there.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

Wat. You winding us up, m8?

Total-Football

[MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] i see you have a soft spot for Stegen , Understandably though, the guy is sexy ( no homo ) .. on a serious note , that's some strange analogy you have written down there , comparing this case to courtois makes 0 sense , Mourinho didn't gamble on courtois , he brought one of the best established 3 keepers in the world to replace Cetch , not a keeper who " has the potential " to be the best , give me Neuer i'll be the first one to call on for selling our keepers , because there is no gambling in this situation , the facts say that we have won the ligas with Bravo , simply changing the roles give all types of wrong messages to Bravo and other players .. once we loose La liga then i'm down for gambling and shaking the starting players . your analogy is this : we play Stegen and " probably " he's going to be better , my analogy is : i'm happy with my winning team in la liga , i'm not an adventurous type

God Serena

What the fuck did I just read?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
@DonAK i see you have a soft spot for Stegen , Understandably though, the guy is sexy ( no homo ) .. on a serious note , that's some strange analogy you have written down there , comparing this case to courtois makes 0 sense , Mourinho didn't gamble on courtois , he brought one of the best established 3 keepers in the world to replace Cetch , not a keeper who " has the potential " to be the best , give me Neuer i'll be the first one to call on for selling our keepers , because there is no gambling in this situation , the facts say that we have won the ligas with Bravo , simply changing the roles give all types of wrong messages to Bravo and other players .. once we loose La liga then i'm down for gambling and shaking the starting players . your analogy is this : we play Stegen and " probably " he's going to be better , my analogy is : i'm happy with my winning team in la liga , i'm not an adventurous type

Fair point with Courtois, but Cech was still Chelsea's best GK ever and still World Class.

As for not being adventurous, you ventured in to one helluva adventurous land there with the most ridiculous piece of logic used here in recent times.

If you're going to make a point then at least do that without sounding like you're on some bad stuff. You could have used Bravo's experience as an argument, or something else instead of that crap.

Last edited:

God Serena

just pure facts my freind .. Bravo is winning the competition he's playing in and Stegen not . a swap of position therefore makes 0 sense

What kind of logic is this? Are Bravo and Mats the only players out there or something? Has football been a 1v1 sport all this time? What year is it? Why is the sky only blue when I look up?

Like this line of reasoning is so flawed I can't even comprehend my own thoughts when trying to counter it. Has this been your plan all along? To kill all argument by blowing our minds with absurdity?

Total-Football

[MENTION=20420]God Serena[/MENTION] i don't know if that might answer your question .. foot ball is not 1v1 sport .. only issue here is this .. the squad who plays the champions league is the exact one playing la liga minus the goalkeeping position .. so in this case we do have 1 " variable " which is the goalkeeper .. version 1 of the squad won its' competition version 2 no . that's how i see things you don't have to agree with it

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
[MENTION=20420]God Serena[/MENTION] i don't know if that might answer your question .. foot ball is not 1v1 sport .. only issue here is this .. the squad who plays the champions league is the exact one playing la liga minus the goalkeeping position .. so in this case we do have 1 " variable " which is the goalkeeper .. version 1 of the squad won its' competition version 2 no . that's how i see things you don't have to agree with it

Oh boy. :slap:

God Serena

@<a href="http://www.barcaforum.com/member.php?u=20420" target="_blank">God Serena</a> i don't know if that might answer your question .. foot ball is not 1v1 sport .. only issue here is this .. the squad who plays the champions league is the exact one playing la liga minus the goalkeeping position .. so in this case we do have 1 " variable " which is the goalkeeper .. version 1 of the squad won its' competition version 2 no . that's how i see things you don't have to agree with it

Home of Barca Fans