Claudio Bravo

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
17m pounds is close to 20m euros which is not bad.

As already pointed out Petr Cech went to Arsenal for 10m. No 30+ GK will go for more than 20-25m max and only if a team like Man City is involved.

All the top teams these days have younger GKs than that. Exception being Buffon who is an ATG and arguably the best in history.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Why is Bravo being so petulant?

This is Barcelona. Expect competition.

If Mats fucks up he will be number one again.

If we sell it should be for 30 million and get Diego Alves. No Reina.

zanela

When talking about Čech's transfer fee, ppl are forgetting one crucial factor. He was unwilling to relocate from London due to his family. PSG and Monaco at the time were willing to pay a lot more. But ultimately, Chelsea ceded to the wishes of a club legend. The buying club, Arsenal, had the upper hand in the transaction.
City on the other hand are in a desperate need amidst a dearth of quality ball playing keepers in the market, and Barca are not obligated to sell. We could and should be dictating the price.

Anyway..

I don't think it will materialize. Bravo is Lucho's preferred keeper, and he will want to keep him as long as possible. And City won't wait until the end of the transfer market.

[tw]765139960273965056[/tw]

[tw]765138740796911620[/tw]

BarçaBarça

17m pounds is close to 20m euros which is not bad.

As already pointed out Petr Cech went to Arsenal for 10m. No 30+ GK will go for more than 20-25m max and only if a team like Man City is involved.

All the top teams these days have younger GKs than that. Exception being Buffon who is an ATG and arguably the best in history.

All right - 20M € is not that bad, it is a good deal for an old goalkeeper. But not a good deal when we don't need to sell. Keepers are undervalued in terms of how many vital points they effectively secure the team, so it doesn't make much sense to sell. We can't replace Bravo for 0 €, so from the 20M we have to subtract a replacement and then it is suddenly a shit-deal profit-wise as well.

If this profit leads to a RB-signing it's a whole other story.

khaled_a_d

Why is Bravo being so petulant?

This is Barcelona. Expect competition.

If Mats fucks up he will be number one again.

If we sell it should be for 30 million and get Diego Alves. No Reina.

We still don't know the truth,but he is 33 and he has the chance to go to City to play under one of all time greatest coaches while being undisputed no1
If he wants to leave then it is understandable tbh.

khaled_a_d

When talking about Čech's transfer fee, ppl are forgetting one crucial factor. He was unwilling to relocate from London due to his family. PSG and Monaco at the time were willing to pay a lot more. But ultimately, Chelsea ceded to the wishes of a club legend. The buying club, Arsenal, had the upper hand in the transaction.
City on the other hand are in a desperate need amidst a dearth of quality ball playing keepers in the market, and Barca are not obligated to sell. We could and should be dictating the price.

Anyway..

I don't think it will materialize. Bravo is Lucho's preferred keeper, and he will want to keep him as long as possible. And City won't wait until the end of the transfer market.

[tw]765139960273965056[/tw]

[tw]765138740796911620[/tw]

1-For starter since when Guillem Balague is reliable. I mean the whole thing is just rumors but to know who behind the transfer I doubt Balague is the one to follow.
2-Bravo might be the one who wants to leave,he is 33 and he knows he could be 2nd choice GK . I don't know what is in his mind but if he wants to leave it is understandable
You could argue "Cech was unwilling to relocate" ,but what about Bravo wanting to leave for City specifically himself? There is no other big club that needs a GK like him,there is no other big club will be willing to pay half of the price for a GK of his age either.
We don't have the upper hand the way you think ,and the fact that we are getting 170% for Cech deal is still gr8 even if Cech was forcing the direction of the move and Bravo isn't.

Devils

Fuck that, 17m is too low for me. For 25m I would definitely consider it.

Honestly this is bullshit, why are we selling to these plastic idiots anyway? To keep good relations with Guardiola?

It puts us in the hole...it gives us two weeks to sign a back-up goalkeeper and if we don't then an injury to MaTS over the course of the season would be catastrophic.

We're not even being linked to any keepers in the media. Tell City to fuck off at least until we have an agreement with another back-up keeper before even considering selling Bravo.

I fucking hate how Pep does this everytime he goes to a new club.

xavi_the_Boss

Fuck that, 17m is too low for me. For 25m I would definitely consider it.

Honestly this is bullshit, why are we selling to these plastic idiots anyway? To keep good relations with Guardiola?

It puts us in the hole...it gives us two weeks to sign a back-up goalkeeper and if we don't then an injury to MaTS over the course of the season would be catastrophic.

We're not even being linked to any keepers in the media. Tell City to fuck off at least until we have an agreement with another back-up keeper before even considering selling Bravo.

I fucking hate how Pep does this everytime he goes to a new club.

Diego Alves?

Home of Barca Fans