Claudio Bravo

Icarium

Lifestealer
Stll dont think it will happen, even if there were discussions Mats injury must have complicated the talks. I expect him to stay. Dont like how city is trying to unsettle our goal keepers.

Co0ter

If City want Bravo we should make them pay 35 to 40 million. Period. They pay insane money for shit players but they want our starting keeper for a bargain price, fuck that. Pay a huge fee like you pay everyone else or get lost.

Devils

If City want Bravo we should make them pay 35 to 40 million. Period. They pay insane money for shit players but they want our starting keeper for a bargain price, fuck that. Pay a huge fee like you pay everyone else or get lost.

Exactly. I cannot understand why we would let him go for 17-20 million.

Our club makes it impossible for other clubs to sign starters, while we are like a charity when it comes to transferring our back-up players. But bravo isn't a back-up player at all so I cannot understand why we are even negotiating with City when they are only willing to meet 50% of his buyout clause.

It's so black and white, we don't use the grey region at all.

Bravo's buyout is 40m, City is offering 20m, so why the fuck can't we demand they meet us halfway for 30m? That would be a good deal.

Either we get 30m for him or we keep Bravo. That would be a good deal and a win-win for us. 17-20m is a joke and we'd probably spend half of that bringing in a replacement who probably wont even be as good as Bravo was in the Barca system.

Last edited:

Howes

The club has to choice between MATS or Bravo. Rotating keepers both on big wages isn't productive.
Getting 20mil for Bravo would be a great bit of business. Don't see this deal happening though.

PacoBJuarez

Exactly. I cannot understand why we would let him go for 17-20 million.

Our club makes it impossible for other clubs to sign starters, while we are like a charity when it comes to transferring our back-up players. But bravo isn't a back-up player at all so I cannot understand why we are even negotiating with City when they are only willing to meet 50% of his buyout clause.

It's so black and white, we don't use the grey region at all.

Bravo's buyout is 40m, City is offering 20m, so why the fuck can't we demand they meet us halfway for 30m? That would be a good deal.

Either we get 30m for him or we keep Bravo. That would be a good deal and a win-win for us. 17-20m is a joke and we'd probably spend half of that bringing in a replacement who probably wont even be as good as Bravo was in the Barca system.

Why on earth would we meet them at 30mil and call that a good deal? He's our starting keeper. We NEED him for the upcoming season. After recent performances, I don't think MAtS is ready. Pay his buyout clause or GTFO

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
If these latest rumours are true, would explain a lot - especially the timing of Mats' injury and the intensified speculation about a Barcelona keeper exit. Whatever we get for Bravo is fine by me, he was never brought in to be the #1 - Mats' signing was always about now & the future. Hart's predictable exit makes it a perfect situation for Barcelona (Save for Mats being sidelined for now) to profit on a player they got as a stop gap while going from strength to strength with a solid rotating keeper in Diego Alves or similar. As for the amount, it's a non issue - since the player would've invariably pushed for a wage increase (He's on a much smaller wage than Mats) and it's the going market rate for a solid yet aging veteran.

Better still, the keeper position is solidified for the foreseeable future and the attention can turn to other needs

I think it's a great turn of events, if true

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am a fan of Ter Stegen's and I firmly believe he is our future, but I still can’t help feeling very sad to see Bravo go, even though I understand this is bound to happen sooner or later. Bravo has been very good for us to say the least and he played a big part in getting us the La Liga trophies we got.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I don't think it's a slight on Bravo, he's been great - I have no complaints and would've been happy to have him continue as a rotating keeper, just not the 1st choice. Credit to him though, he's not Pinto who was never really cut out to be first choice at a big club - deserves to be a starting keeper at a big club. I think it's such a win win for everyone

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
I don't think it's a slight on Bravo, he's been great - I have no complaints and would've been happy to have him continue as a rotating keeper, just not the 1st choice. Credit to him though, he's not Pinto who was never really cut out to be first choice at a big club - deserves to be a starting keeper at a big club. I think it's such a win win for everyone

Should've joined a big team than :staringpep:

Trickykid

Now just watch us buy Diego Alves, and Lucho making him first choice goalie. :lucho:

I wonder who'd rage the hardest; the German himself or the Barcaforum?

Home of Barca Fans