Claudio Bravo

Chong Li

Whats the point of having buyout clauses in contracts, if we don't even demand the full sum for a player who wants to leave against the club's wishes?

Of course 40M is a lot, but Bravo is class and City are desperate. No need to help them...

Jombi

I personally dont think we are so stupid as to let go of Bravo, weakening our team, strengthening our rivals for no gain at all.

God Serena

Fuck that, 17m is too low for me. For 25m I would definitely consider it.

That's more like 20m in Euros, which is a good price.

Honestly this is bullshit, why are we selling to these plastic idiots anyway? To keep good relations with Guardiola?

For some reason I don't think the club shares your irrational dislike of Man City and their manager.

It puts us in the hole...it gives us two weeks to sign a back-up goalkeeper and if we don't then an injury to MaTS over the course of the season would be catastrophic.

An injury to any team's main keeper would hurt the team drastically. We've had it easy by having both but we've been spoiled.

We're not even being linked to any keepers in the media. Tell City to fuck off at least until we have an agreement with another back-up keeper before even considering selling Bravo.

This sentence seriously makes me ponder if you're following the keeper situation at all or if you're just getting emotional and throwing a fit. We've been linked to several keepers. In fact, we even have an agreement with Diego Alves specifically in case one of Mats or Bravo leaves.

I fucking hate how Pep does this everytime he goes to a new club.

Pep has never actually stolen a player from us. Thiago was perma benched in a season when there was literally no reason to if we didn't want him to leave and his buyout dropped, and he said after leaving the management and board didn't even ask him once to stay.

zanela

1-For starter since when Guillem Balague is reliable. I mean the whole thing is just rumors but to know who behind the transfer I doubt Balague is the one to follow.
2-Bravo might be the one who wants to leave,he is 33 and he knows he could be 2nd choice GK . I don't know what is in his mind but if he wants to leave it is understandable
You could argue "Cech was unwilling to relocate" ,but what about Bravo wanting to leave for City specifically himself? There is no other big club that needs a GK like him,there is no other big club will be willing to pay half of the price for a GK of his age either.
We don't have the upper hand the way you think ,and the fact that we are getting 170% for Cech deal is still gr8 even if Cech was forcing the direction of the move and Bravo isn't.

I never suggested Balague is a credible source. But he got the Bravo-MAtS case right last summer. So I thought I'll just post it.

You are again assessing things on surface. Clubs are not obligated to do favors to anyone but club legends (even that in special circumstances). Čech's and Bravo's situations are not comparable. Čech, who won the golden glove the prev. season, was reduced to a back-up role to Courtois, only playing when the latter is injured or against minnows. His wish to move on was honored given his stature at the club. Bravo, on the other hand, has been Lucho's undisputed Lliga starter since joining (unlike Mou who preferred Courtois), and his profile has risen multi-fold the last couple of years. He's still highly valued by the coach, the only thing that matters at the end. He will in all likelihood continue to get more than reasonable game time if he stayed. So his "concerns" are exaggerated, and should not be entertained if I'm honest, certainly not at the risk of weakening the squad.

And I'm not sure D.Alves is the answer. Buying a 30+ y.o keeper who's returned from ACL would be a huge gamble. There is a reason Valencia have put him on the market and have decided to go with their younger keepers (Jaume et Ryan). Plus he's not exactly renowned for his ball playing ability.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
From what I understand from the rumors it's not the club that wants to sell Bravo, it's him who wants to leave. So I don't think we could really blame the board for this deal. If rumors are to be trusted Lucho hasn't promise anything to Bravo that his #1 spot is guaranteed for this season and that made Bravo into thinking that he takes the City chance instead, as it will be probably his last chance to be a regular at a top club.

zanela

[MENTION=1500]zanela[/MENTION]

What did Balague say last year?

That Lucho's plan was to start MAtS in LL but his performance in the supercopa had changed things. And he said this a day or two after the SC. It could have very well been an inference. :p

Devils

That's more like 20m in Euros, which is a good price.
Disagree. 20 million is nothing for a club like City who are desperate.

For some reason I don't think the club shares your irrational dislike of Man City and their manager.

My irrational dislike for City has nothing to do with the rational incentive of keeping our experienced, proven keeper that gives us good depth in our goalkeeping department.

An injury to any team's main keeper would hurt the team drastically. We've had it easy by having both but we've been spoiled.

So we should just accept that we've been 'spoiled' and accept that if MaTS gets injured our main keeper, as of the moment we sell Bravo, would be a former Barca B keeper who has had minimal experience in La Liga and no experience in CL football? What could possible go wrong?

Unnecessary risk when we could just refuse to sell Bravo.

This sentence seriously makes me ponder if you're following the keeper situation at all or if you're just getting emotional and throwing a fit. We've been linked to several keepers. In fact, we even have an agreement with Diego Alves specifically in case one of Mats or Bravo leaves.

Oh great, we have a personal agreement with him...now we just have to go through negotiations with his agent and Valencia. Imagine if the deal somehow falls through? There is no guarantee we will sign anyone.

What is guaranteed is that as of right now we have two great keepers under contract, who are proven in the Barca system that gives us good depth.

Pep has never actually stolen a player from us. Thiago was perma benched in a season when there was literally no reason to if we didn't want him to leave and his buyout dropped, and he said after leaving the management and board didn't even ask him once to stay.

Well Bravo plays at Barca, and he plays a lot. It's not about Pep 'stealing' players from us, he wants all the teams he goes to play like Barca, so where better to get players that can play like Barca than Barca itself. Thiago's transfer situation was different, but Pep targeting Barca players for the reason stated above will always be a concern and an annoyance.

---------------------------

Plenty of clubs straight out refuse to sell their players. Why should we sell Bravo? He's not dead weight, he's valuable, proven, experienced and plays an important role in the team.

Anyways, the only thing we have to gain from this deal is financial incentives, which by the small fee, aren't worth it for me.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Whats the point of having buyout clauses in contracts, if we don't even demand the full sum for a player who wants to leave against the club's wishes?

Of course 40M is a lot, but Bravo is class and City are desperate. No need to help them...

Point is to shaft La Liga teams and put them in disatvantage and mercy of epl clubs.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
With rumors about Joe Hart possibly going on a loan to Everton it clears the path for him to play all competitions yeah.

Home of Barca Fans