Claudio Bravo

Mandrake

No they are totally related as Mats is happier to stay and be number one choice as has been said is his position all along.

No one argued otherwise.

What was argued is that MATS did not threaten to leave, that he only made diplomatic comments when asked. Sport says he threatened and once Bravo leaves he's renewed. Suspicious.

JamDav1982

What was argued is that MATS did not threaten to leave, that he only made diplomatic comments when asked. Sport says he threatened and once Bravo leaves he's renewed. Suspicious.

You like to ignore this part -

City's offer includes the two great desires of the former Real Sociedad goalkeeper: undisputed status as the Blues' no.1 and presence in a team who are competing for major honours domestically in England and in the Champions League. Bravo will also double his wages when he completes his transfer to the Etihad Stadium.

So it seems you were wrong and Bravo was not happy to carry unless his situation changed and he got a new contract. Sound familiar?

JamDav1982

Did Bravo 'threaten' to leave if not undisputed no.1 with new contract?

What is suspicious about signing new contract when Bravo leaves?

That fits perfectly in the situation we have all been saying. He wanted to stay and be no.1 or leave if nothing changed.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Bravo is gobshite I'm glad that fraud left. Just talked the talk but never walked the walk. Was always in Ter Stegens shadow but Unzue forced Lucho to play him. Glad out board recouped his fee and even made profit, I have no idea how. This board is one of the best I've seen and ever heard of.

Mandrake

Did Bravo 'threaten' to leave if not undisputed no.1 with new contract?

What is suspicious about signing new contract when Bravo leaves?

That fits perfectly in the situation we have all been saying. He wanted to stay and be no.1 or leave if nothing changed.

No, that is not what "we have all been saying". What was said was that MATS never threatened, and if he had, he would have been left as 3rd GK by Lucho. That he did nothing to get Bravo to leave.

JamDav1982

No, that is not what "we have all been saying". What was said was that MATS never threatened, and if he had, he would have been left as 3rd GK by Lucho. That he did nothing to get Bravo to leave.

Nope it was agreed the whole time that Mats had let the club know he want to be no.1 or leave. What was argued against was that he blackmailed the club into making him no.1 with no other choice.

Using words like 'threatening' is overly dramatic tabloid speak.

All what has come about Ter Stegen fits what I and other had been saying. NOTHING contradicts that.

What has come out about Bravo also wanting promises of being No.1 or he will leave does contradict what you said.

By your logic Bravo 'threatened' just as much as Ter Stegen anyway so either way you are totally wrong in how you read the situation.

Trickykid

I'm not even sure what you're trying to argue anymore. Threats or no threats, no keeper of MAtS' age and talent will be happy playing as little as he has. When he signed, I very much doubt that he was told he'd play that little during his first two seasons. If anything, he should be commended for not forcing a transfer earlier.

Now Lucho and Unzue has clearly agreed that the German is ready to take over for good, and Bravo is understandably enough not one bit happy with it, thus accepting Pep's advances.

And that's the funny thing here, and what I bet rubs you the entirely wrong way; Pep wanted MAtS first, but Barça and himself rejected. Why is that? Simple really; because he's good enough to equal what Bravo did here and has a higher ceiling, cementing his place at Barça for the next decade or so. Why did Pep want MAtS first? Because of the exact same reasons. Bravo was always his second choice, and that makes you mad, as he's practically been deemed second best by not just Barça, but also Pep.

I'm sure you will slither back here and gloat whenever MAtS makes a mistake. Because he's bound to do so. Luckily he has so many positives going on for him that it outweighs these mistakes, which he in turn will iron out as he gets older, wiser and even more established here.

Observer

Banned
Bravo is gobshite I'm glad that fraud left. Just talked the talk but never walked the walk. Was always in Ter Stegens shadow but Unzue forced Lucho to play him. Glad out board recouped his fee and even made profit, I have no idea how. This board is one of the best I've seen and ever heard of.

I think someone still mad for the Copa Americas and its not only you :lol:

Mandrake

I'm not even sure what you're trying to argue anymore. Threats or no threats, no keeper of MAtS' age and talent will be happy playing as little as he has. When he signed, I very much doubt that he was told he'd play that little during his first two seasons. If anything, he should be commended for not forcing a transfer earlier.

Now Lucho and Unzue has clearly agreed that the German is ready to take over for good, and Bravo is understandably enough not one bit happy with it, thus accepting Pep's advances.

And that's the funny thing here, and what I bet rubs you the entirely wrong way; Pep wanted MAtS first, but Barça and himself rejected. Why is that? Simple really; because he's good enough to equal what Bravo did here and has a higher ceiling, cementing his place at Barça for the next decade or so. Why did Pep want MAtS first? Because of the exact same reasons. Bravo was always his second choice, and that makes you mad, as he's practically been deemed second best by not just Barça, but also Pep.

I'm sure you will slither back here and gloat whenever MAtS makes a mistake. Because he's bound to do so. Luckily he has so many positives going on for him that it outweighs these mistakes, which he in turn will iron out as he gets older, wiser and even more established here.

If Pep wanted MATS, good for Pep. I want the keeper that has performed better at Barça here. The one every one feels more comfortable with. The one that gives the defense more security. The one whose given us tons of clean sheets and broken records at Barça. If you prefer a keeper that has made tons of mistakes while here, thats fine.

FC B

Damn, that Sport story sounds familiar. Who would have ever thought something like that to be true 🤔

Well, I guess it has more chances of containing some truth in it than all sorts Jon Doe's opinions. That's what we have right now, as little as it is..

F

Flavia

If Pep wanted MATS, good for Pep. I want the keeper that has performed better at Barça here. The one every one feels more comfortable with. The one that gives the defense more security. The one whose given us tons of clean sheets and broken records at Barça. If you prefer a keeper that has made tons of mistakes while here, thats fine.

Do you, really?

I thought you were a city fan too.

8XNbcsC.jpg

Trickykid

Let's play a game here and assume that your assessment of the two is correct.
WHY doesn't Lucho want to keep the vastly better keeper? WHY does he cave in to the whining calamity, who he could easily have sold for 30-40m to Pep?

JamDav1982

WHY doesn't Lucho want to keep the vastly better keeper? WHY does he cave in to the whining calamity, who he could easily have sold for 30-40m to Pep?

Acording to Mandrake Lucho does want to keep Bravo but Ter Stegen has blackmailed Bravo who tells Lucho who to play.

There is virtually no difference in what the keepers have asked from the club anyway.

Mandrake

Easy. He's younger. Nothing else.

Home of Barca Fans