Clément Lenglet (loaned to Atletico)

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
That will hurt the club more than the players even if could.

It is not some idea clubs are just not thinking of even if can.

They will choose to sign elsewhere.
I think our Club stature is big enough that if a player truly wants to play for us, then he will.
Maybe we will lose some players, but the ones we will sign, will be performing as we need.

As it happens IRL, if you are going to work for a company, and you do not perform to their needs and requirements, they will terminate your contract. They entice me with higher pay or a better working environment.
Why cant we do that as a Club?

JamDav1982

I think our Club stature is big enough that if a player truly wants to play for us, then he will.
Maybe we will lose some players, but the ones we will sign, will be performing as we need.

As it happens IRL, if you are going to work for a company, and you do not perform to their needs and requirements, they will terminate your contract. They entice me with higher pay or a better working environment.
Why cant we do that as a Club?

It wouldnt work.. Players wont sign that contract.

khaled_a_d

Lol

I don't care if he never comes back. Just make it permanent.

We will still be backlogged with his deferrals. Pain.

How the F did Florentino manage to black magic his way out of them?

I don't think he has any deferrals beyond 2026, when his contract is over.
It will likely be a loan, we pay a portion of his salary, and next year we will negotiate with him a way to terminate his contract while paying him again a portion of the salary.
2026 is generally when we should be in a good position financially.

JamDav1982

I don't think he has any deferrals beyond 2026, when his contract is over.
It will likely be a loan, we pay a portion of his salary, and next year we will negotiate with him a way to terminate his contract while paying him again a portion of the salary.
2026 is generally when we should be in a good position financially.

There cant be any deferrals after his contract dont think as they are built in to it.

Should be looking to get two years off books now and him wanting to move to Atleti.. who may not be there in a years time is an advantage to the club.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
I will say this, I believe Lenglet brought the bad juju into our club.
And the moment we get rid of him is the moment we stop having all these shit problems in the club and we become the greatest club ever.

You cannot reason this out of me.

JamDav1982

I think people points out to Messi remained salary when they think of deferrals. Different situation and I agree with you, but this where I think people get that idea

Messi did not sign a new contract though.. Lenglet did with deferrals built in.

I would think they are owe nothing when it ends in 2026.

If they are owe Lenglet then they are owe every single player still from those seasons and dont think that is the case.

Horatio

You're welcome
I will say this, I believe Lenglet brought the bad juju into our club.
And the moment we get rid of him is the moment we stop having all these shit problems in the club and we become the greatest club ever.

You cannot reason this out of me.

Neymar destroyed the club. What a legacy.

M3ls

Lenglet received about 12 million after the extension during the Bartomeu era. Or a little less.

16 million was formed due to deferred salaries.

They write that this time there will be no rentals. I think the mattresses will compensate him for the deferred salary we owe.

And this is not surprising. Lenglet is a solid player with an excellent pass, it’s even a pity that he is leaving for competitors.

Here they really love Araujo, who simply makes a ton of positional mistakes, is below average in terms of passes, and they hate Lenglet.

I remember Lenglet in Barcelona, and I am absolutely convinced that in the “sum” he was no worse than the “savior” Araujo.

Yes, not so fast and not very strong 1 vs 1, but good in position, passing at the highest level.

Araujo is fast, good 1 vs 1, but poor in positioning and passing.

And as a result of additions and subtractions, we get the fact that both Lenglet and Araujo showed approximately the same level of play in Barcelona.

But here they love Araujo and consider Lenglet to be crap.

Home of Barca Fans