Clément Lenglet (loaned to Atletico)

JamDav1982

Yes and it would be Araujo every time if a choice.

Pep values some of the attributes Araujo has despite being poor on ball and would value zero about Lenglet.

M3ls

Yes and it would be Araujo every time if a choice.

Pep values some of the attributes Araujo has despite being poor on ball and would value zero about Lenglet.
Pep did not change Valdes, who was inferior to many goalkeepers of that time. Why didn't he change him? Because Valdes was good on the ball.

Even the GOALKEEPER, do you understand that?

And you come to me here and tell me that Pep would prefer a defender who is complete crap on the ball instead of a defender who is good on the ball.

JamDav1982

You miss the point that Lenglet is bang average on ball at best and has zero of the atrributes Pep wants in his defenders.

Araujo is poor on ball but has attributes he would prove to have uses much more so than Lenglet.

Pep despises defenders as poor 1v1 as Lenglet and with zero use whatsoever in his sides.

Anyway.. feel free to believe what you want.

Terrible.

fergus90

As someone who had the fortune of watching Lenglet up closely a fair few times in the last year.

I can confirm his passing ability is far from elite. The drop down from Pau Torres to Lenglet was clear.

M3ls

You miss the point that Lenglet is bang average on ball at best and has zero of the atrributes Pep wants in his defenders.

Araujo is poor on ball but has attributes he would prove to have uses much more so than Lenglet.

Pep despises defenders as poor 1v1 as Lenglet and with zero use whatsoever in his sides.

Anyway.. feel free to believe what you want.

Terrible.
The words that Langle is average on the ball are a lie.

Let's take the last full seasons of Laport and Lenglet.

So, for Laport, every 10th pass was progressive.

Langlet - 11.

At the same time, Lenglet played in Valverde’s system with his 4-4-2, and this system in terms of moving the ball is worse than 4-3-3, 3-4-3 and other interesting formations that Pep loves.

As for Araujo, playing in Xavi's system, every 15th pass of Araujo was progressive.

fergus90

Although I will say, I’ve certainly witnessed worse 4th choice centre backs in my lifetime that’s for certain :lol:

Masetro10

I hope they include a Fear clause while loaning him to Atleti.

On another note.
Why don't we include a minimum number of played games/minutes in every contract clause?
Is it like illegal to do something or what? Would be so much easier for every party included.
You are not good enough for the team, as you don't get minutes, so your contract now can be terminated, so look for a team. Keeps the player on their toes and the club too.
Remember Thiago's contract...yikes what an L we took. That was the beginning of the end there

Birdy

Good thing is that he is going
Could not care less if it's Atleti.
He is bad, he is gonna do them harm no good on crucial games.
Things you love to see!

Saving his Barto salary is much needed/

Home of Barca Fans