Clément Lenglet (loaned to Atletico)

M3ls

Let's imagine that they are the same age, I think that a coach who likes to build attacks through short and long passes and does not play with an overly high defensive line, then such a coach would rather take Lenglet.

I'm not saying Lenglet is better than Araujo.

But I'm not saying that Araujo is better than Lenglet.

They are approximately the same level. They have their bright advantages, but they also have bright minuses.

JamDav1982

Let's imagine that they are the same age, I think that a coach who likes to build attacks through short and long passes and does not play with an overly high defensive line, then such a coach would rather take Lenglet.

I'm not saying Lenglet is better than Araujo.

But I'm not saying that Araujo is better than Lenglet.

They are approximately the same level. They have their bright advantages, but they also have bright minuses.

I dont think there is a single coach out there no matter their style that will prefer Lenglet.

Pep.. any of them.

They would take Araujo every time if a choice.

M3ls

I dont think there is a single coach out there no matter their style that will prefer Lenglet.

Pep.. any of them.

They would take Araujo every time if a choice.

Pep will never take Araujo instead of Lenglet. Pep will never take a defender into his team who is such a crap passer. This would be a real disaster for his system.
But he played with Laporte, who is stylistically very similar to Lenglet.

jamrock

Lenglet on 6 million is a good player, on 12m he's horse shit.

No reason to give him so much money, he wasn't a hype youngster or a WC player.

He was just a solid CB.

Joan

Lenglet on 6 million is a good player, on 12m he's horse shit.

No reason to give him so much money, he wasn't a hype youngster or a WC player.

He was just a solid CB.
That’s what I can’t understand no matter how hard I try.

Why the fuck did we give him such a fat contract?

Bet Barto’s still getting kickbacks from Lenglet for his services.

JamDav1982

Pep will never take Araujo instead of Lenglet. Pep will never take a defender into his team who is such a crap passer. This would be a real disaster for his system.

He absolutely would take Araujo over Lenglet.

Laporte was both a better defender and levels above Lenglet on the ball.

Laporte like Cancelo also got dunted in end as Pep wanted much better 1v1 defending in his back four.

ajnotkeith

You don't win 90+ points every season with players like Lenglet. Ever.

JamDav1982

Pep would take Araujo over Lenglet as he absolutely loves 1v1 defenders now in his back three/four and those with height/power is a double whammy.

He was burnt once too many times in CL losing goals late from set pieces and the counter and flipped it after that late defeat to Real in 21/22.

Araujo has that height/power and 1v1 and despite being poor on ball and dodgy positionally without doubt Pep looks at that as something he would try and mould if the other option is Lenglet.

There is absolutely nothing about Lenglet he would take.. better ball players than him were dunted and he is not a 1v1 defender quire clearly.

Last edited:

M3ls

Pep even gets rid of goalkeepers who don't pass well, and this guy proves to me that Pep would take Araujo, who is a Joe Hart-level passing player.

Stop this please.

JamDav1982

Pep even gets rid of goalkeepers who don't pass well, and this guy proves to me that Pep would take Araujo, who is a Joe Hart-level passing player.

Stop this please.

No.. Pep has clearly changed what he sees as paramount in his back four players.

Lenglet is not even close to a top defender on ball regardless or anywhere close.

Araujo has some things Pep would want from a CB.. Lenglet has zero.

M3ls

No.. Pep has clearly changed what he sees as paramount in his back four players.

Lenglet is not even close to a top defender on ball regardless or anywhere close.

Araujo has some things Pep would want from a CB.. Lenglet has zero.
Tell me at least one Man City central defender who is bad on the ball?

Lenglet is one of the top 5 left-footed defenders in the world in terms of passing play.

JamDav1982

Tell me at least one Man City central defender who is bad on the ball?

Lenglet is one of the top 5 left-footed defenders in the world in terms of passing play.

Tell me on Man City that has absolutely nothing in a CB that Pep wants as Lenglet does.

As said.. Lenglet is not even a top ball playing defender.. nowhere close and better defenders that are better on the ball have been punted in favour of better defenders.

M3ls

Tell me on Man City that has absolutely nothing in a CB that Pep wants as Lenglet does.

As said.. Lenglet is not even a top ball playing defender.. nowhere close and better defenders that are better on the ball have been punted in favour of better defenders.
We haven't talked about whether Pep wants Lenglet on his team.

It was about what he would do if he had a choice only between Lenglet and Araujo.

I repeat again - show me a Man City defender who plays on the ball at Araujo’s level. You won't show it.

There was Laporte - he was replaced by Ake and Diaz, who are also excellent on the ball.

Yes, they may not be as good on the ball as Laporte, but still, they are at the top level on the ball.

Araujo is complete crap on the ball even compared to Ake, Diaz, Stones.

Home of Barca Fans