Clément Lenglet (loaned to Atletico)

Jombi

It is not about De Jong's footballing skills.
It is about experience.

But you used the same arguments against the idea of signing Leon Goretzka as well focusing on his age and inexperience, and brought up the usual stuff about Halilovic and signings from 20 years ago.

De Jong is not a young kid. He is 21 years old. Mbappe was 18, and I am positive that you mocked the idea of signing him as well, just like Goretzka, Fabinho, Lemar etc etc etc. So there doesnt seem to be a rule for you that they have to have played 5 seasons in foreign leagues for you to not bring up Halilovic and signings from 20 years ago.

I think you must focus more on the idea that players are individuals. Not simply a number.

Last edited:

Raketa10

Why would they negotiate? We have zero bargaining power here. We can either pay the release clause which is fairly low for today's market or they won't sell. Simple as that.

MTL_Barca

Why would they negotiate? We have zero bargaining power here. We can either pay the release clause which is fairly low for today's market or they won't sell. Simple as that.

Because "paying the release clause" isn't that easy so we will talk to Sevilla. Maybe also try to pay in 2 installments instead of everything at once, what can also be beneficial for the club thats getting the money sometimes.

I think its clear we won't get him cheaper, but its still better to talk to the club if you want a player with a release clause.

gsgosal

Confused as we already have Mina...I gather its based one world cup performance, but he's been brilliant and has a lot of potential.

FCBfan22

Confused as we already have Mina...I gather its based one world cup performance, but he's been brilliant and has a lot of potential.

Let me do a quick BBZ (you'll understand soon)

1. Vermaelen is injury prone as hell
2. Mina is unexperienced (should be given a chance, but won't under Ernie)
3. Pique is playing football only as a hobby right now
4. You need to have top CB's to step up, since they recieve a lot of cards

gsgosal

Let me do a quick BBZ (you'll understand soon)

1. Vermaelen is injury prone as hell
2. Mina is unexperienced (should be given a chance, but won't under Ernie)
3. Pique is playing football only as a hobby right now
4. You need to have top CB's to step up, since they recieve a lot of cards

Some excellent points. Looks like signing Lenglet won't be nearly enough to solve our issues in defence

xXKonan

[tw]1014513154393624576[/tw]

We are going to pay his release clause. We tried to negotiate with Sevilla but they want us to pay the clause.

Jombi

He only has two seasons at senior level, never played a national team match. Less than Andres Gomes. So I guess he will be an epic failure. Remember Halilovic?

khaled_a_d

He only has two seasons at senior level, never played a national team match. Less than Andres Gomes. So I guess he will be an epic failure. Remember Halilovic?

I remember Halilovic, the 18 years old player whom we got 200% profit from him. can't relate him to Clement tbh.

Jombi

I remember Halilovic, the 18 years old player whom we got 200% profit from him. can't relate him to Clement tbh.

It was just a tongue in cheek comment as a certain forumer will always bring up Halilovic and signings from 20 years ago. :)

El Flaco

[tw]1014537084063842307[/tw]

Sevilla's chairman confirms Barcelona will have to pay Lenglét's €35m if they want him. There will be no negotiations.

FC433

Never watched him, but I hope we do not get him and get De Ligt instead. I would not mind him though.

Saladin

Never watched him, but I hope we do not get him and get De Ligt instead. I would not mind him though.

Lenglet is better than many of us realize; I actually hope we get him over De Ligt. He seems to be the better defender ATM and the dickriding of any player below the age of 20 has to stop. Being 18 and decent does not constitute a linear trajectory in skills, climaxing with a WORLD CLASS player by the age of 24 till 35.

I reckon Lenglet is a whole lot better than we all expect and the fact that this transfer is so hype-free and underwhelming could be exactly the sort of 'peace' that allows him to excell.

FC433

Lenglet is better than many of us realize; I actually hope we get him over De Ligt. He seems to be the better defender ATM and the dickriding of any player below the age of 20 has to stop. Being 18 and decent does not constitute a linear trajectory in skills, climaxing with a WORLD CLASS player by the age of 24 till 35.

I reckon Lenglet is a whole lot better than we all expect and the fact that this transfer is so hype-free and underwhelming could be exactly the sort of 'peace' that allows him to excell.

You are absolutely right. We actually have recent example "Jairo Riedewald" who was highly praised, but as of yet he is not what many thought of him. However, I have seen D Ligt a couple of times, and he is really something else. His character and ability should not be underestimated. He can be one of the best, and I genuinely believe that he will, but he could be another Riedewald. I personally would risk the asking price 40m to 60m.

Home of Barca Fans