Clément Lenglet (loaned to Atletico)

xXKonan

Sport says we want to present him on Friday.

yeah first we need to pay the clause then announce him. :lol:

Jombi

Lenglet is better than many of us realize; I actually hope we get him over De Ligt. He seems to be the better defender ATM and the dickriding of any player below the age of 20 has to stop. Being 18 and decent does not constitute a linear trajectory in skills, climaxing with a WORLD CLASS player by the age of 24 till 35.

I reckon Lenglet is a whole lot better than we all expect and the fact that this transfer is so hype-free and underwhelming could be exactly the sort of 'peace' that allows him to excell.

Its not hype free or underwhelming really. He is a young and inexperienced player who has two seasons at senior level and has had one pretty good season in Sevilla with the biggest hype coming from the Man U games. 38m euros is a high price and we are definitely paying for his future potential going forward. Players of course develop at different speeds. And the main thing with Lenglet is that we have this obsession with left footed CBs. Its part of the Barca style.

Last edited:

Androutsos

I'm sure the club tried to talk to Ajax about De Jong and De Ligt, received crazy asking prices and decided to focus primarily on De Jong out of the two. If it is true they are asking 70m+ De Ligt then I don't blame them either.

xXKonan

I would love to have De Ligt, but if the rumors of the price Ajax want for him are true, He's not worth that at least right now IMO.

I know some disagree but I feel Lenglet is a bit underrated. Style wise I think he fits what we want out of a CB and in terms of La Liga signings could likely be in the Rakitic,Keita etc bracket in terms of La Liga signings than the Vidal,Paco,Gomes etc bracket. But I guess we will have to wait and see though.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Yeah 35M is not high in this market. If he fails he will fail. Money is not an issue. We need a new defender if Mina is leaving.

gregorrin10

35 million for Lenglet is good business. Now sell Mina and get also Pavard.

Pavard is going to Bayern next season, also for 35M. No surprise really, since all the bigger talent from the Bundesliga end up in Bayern at some point, like all the guys from Dortmund, and this year is Goretzka, next year Pavard, probably followed by Brandt and Werner at some point in the future.

xXKonan

That CB lineup really isn't short at all.

You don't need to be 6'3 or above to be considered a good defender anyway. Heck I don't even consider our team to be all that short either. at least nowhere near as the 2010-2011 Squad.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Only Barca and their mouthpieces in the press could harp about this signing for a couple of months, but still not manage to complete it while Real Madrid signed Odriozola in a matter of two-three weeks.

JamDav1982

Only Barca and their mouthpieces in the press could harp about this signing for a couple of months, but still not manage to complete it while Real Madrid signed Odriozola in a matter of two-three weeks.

Ordizola to Real has been talked about for months as well.

Home of Barca Fans