• Ernesto Valverde

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Other - specify

Votes: 54 58.1%

• Total voters

BarçAjax8

De Boer has been shifting around in his comments regarding his link to the Barca job. First he said that he would like a younger team like Liverpool who are in a period of growth. Now he says he'd definitely consider Barca. He's also made other comments like saying that if the right opportunity presents itself, he could coach in the EPL (tbh I think that's an indirect way of saying that if the Liverpool job were to somehow become available, he'd take it). The point is that even though he says he's happy at Ajax, he's definitely considering his future options as now is the point he seems least rooted to the club.

My thoughts are that the prospect of having such a prestigious coaching position at Barca definitely appeals to him, but he's somewhat offset by various factors. I genuinely pray that if he comes, the board do their best to accommodate him and give him power (unlike they've done with Tito and Tata). If he gets a great group of players that he can work with and total support for his transfer desires, then he'd love to be here and make himself home at Barca.

Anyway here's a VERY in depth analysis of De Boer's tactical system at Ajax, both offensively and defensively:

http://smcb1997.wordpress.com/2014/...ng-the-skilled-thinking-behind-frank-de-boer/
http://smcb1997.wordpress.com/2014/...a-tactical-analysis-of-ajaxs-defensive-phase/

I agree 100%.
De Boer was my only pick when Tito stepped down last summer. If he comes the board needs to be ready to back De Boer and give him what he needs to build a new team.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Is De Boer someone that can motivate our players? Is he a very charismatic coach like Pep, for example? We need one like that, who will yell at our players to motivate them.

ceco322

Coach

This is list of top 30 coaches:
Frank de Boer, Ernesto Valverde, Luis Enrique, Unai Emery, Laurent Blanc, Antonio Conte, Andre Villas Boas, Roberto Martinez, Brendan Rodgers, Joachim Low, Arsene Wenger, Marcelo Bielsa, Luiz Felipe Scolari, Diego Simeone, Jurgen Klopp, Michael Laudrup, Paco Jemez, Jens Keller, Vincenzo Montella, Rudi Garcia, Dieter Hechking, Rafael Benitez, Mauricio Pochettino, Massimiliano Allegri, Roger Schmidt, Phillip Cocu, Ronald Koeman, Dick Advocaat, Didier Deschamps and Roberto Mancini
So who is the best ???
First sorry for my bad English. I think next coach of Barca must to be:
- Good motivator
- Good charismatic person
- Good strategic and tactical person
- Good psychologist
- Good work with young and talented players
- To respect and defend the players, club and fans but and player, club and fans must respect and defend him
- Have to be a football player history to know what happened on the pitch on practice not only a theory
- Philosophy and still of play must to be a attacking football with tiki taka approach but have to a change tactics and take risk when didn’t work
- To be a strong personality to might order on Xavi, Messi and Iniesta to stay on the bench when didn’t play well
- To be good in transfers and pick best of the best for style of play and talent
- To hire right people for everything like good conditioners, fitness and medics
- Good orator
- To be middle age to understand new technology and help him in work
- must to have a lot of experience
- And achievements
- And not to be a just mercenary must to love Barcelona like a family because Barca is mes que un club

L

linetty

The new coach must find faults in players' performances and be harsh on them, not too friendly. You lost because you played like shit. Not "We lost because of details".

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
This is list of top 30 coaches:
Frank de Boer, Ernesto Valverde, Luis Enrique, Unai Emery, Laurent Blanc, Antonio Conte, Andre Villas Boas, Roberto Martinez, Brendan Rodgers, Joachim Low, Arsene Wenger, Marcelo Bielsa, Luiz Felipe Scolari, Diego Simeone, Jurgen Klopp, Michael Laudrup, Paco Jemez, Jens Keller, Vincenzo Montella, Rudi Garcia, Dieter Hechking, Rafael Benitez, Mauricio Pochettino, Massimiliano Allegri, Roger Schmidt, Phillip Cocu, Ronald Koeman, Dick Advocaat, Didier Deschamps and Roberto Mancini
So who is the best ???
First sorry for my bad English. I think next coach of Barca must to be:
- Good motivator
- Good charismatic person
- Good strategic and tactical person
- Good psychologist
- Good work with young and talented players
- To respect and defend the players, club and fans but and player, club and fans must respect and defend him
- Have to be a football player history to know what happened on the pitch on practice not only a theory
- Philosophy and still of play must to be a attacking football with tiki taka approach but have to a change tactics and take risk when didn’t work
- To be a strong personality to might order on Xavi, Messi and Iniesta to stay on the bench when didn’t play well
- To be good in transfers and pick best of the best for style of play and talent
- To hire right people for everything like good conditioners, fitness and medics
- Good orator
- To be middle age to understand new technology and help him in work
- must to have a lot of experience
- And achievements
- And not to be a just mercenary must to love Barcelona like a family because Barca is mes que un club

Wow Allegri is in top 30 and no Moyes :pep:
And how about Van Gaal and Lippi? And... Pep?

raskolnikov

I was dissapointed in de Boer that he had no answer for the tactics of Red bulll Salzburg, Ajax got beaten badly tactically by them and they never adjusted it.

ceco322

Wow Allegri is in top 30 and no Moyes :pep:
And how about Van Gaal and Lippi? And... Pep?

This list is after big research and have names of coaches who have chance to be coaches of Fc Barcelona because theirs style of play is close and similar and they accommodate to club philosophy who might fit to the club. Of course is Pep is master and best of the best and Mou. and Jupp Heynckes and others but ... for pity no chance Pep to came back and for that i say this names if you know what i mean ;)

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
This list is after big research and have names of coaches who have chance to be coaches of Fc Barcelona because theirs style of play is close and similar and they accommodate to club philosophy who might fit to the club. Of course is Pep is master and best of the best and Mou. and Jupp Heynckes and others but ... for pity no chance Pep to came back and for that i say this names if you know what i mean ;)

Oh ok, good job :)

ceco322

And i think eventually formations except 4-3-3 may to be and 3-4-3 i remember Pep try this and also 3-5-2, 4-1-4-1, 4-4-2 and 3-6-1.

CesDel

I don't understand how there are so many Barça fans that want Klopp. His style is the exact opposite of Barça's style. He even said that he does not like it, and I am quite certain that the Camp Nou does not like his style either. I mean, whenever Tata tried to play a more direct style, the team was booed quite alot at the Camp Nou, even when we were winning! Now imagine if we start playing like Dortmund, who is a team that will gladly give up possession and sit back so that they can counter-attack.

MessiDinho10

De Boer isn't realistic, he wants to continue at Ajax for a couple more seasons. I'm hoping for Roberto Martinez, who has been proving time and time again that he's a great manager, or Luis Enrique, because he works with Cruijff's philosophy. I worry about Enrique's capabilities to sort our defense though.

I

instinct

Mundo Deportivo:
Luis Enrique is the closest to replace Tata Martino who has decided to leave this summer.

Don't know what to think...I'd have a bad feeling. I have the feeling that nothing would change..

Home of Barca Fans