Confederations Cup 2013 - Final: Brazil 3-0 Spain

Stric

If VdB goes to play the three goalies in the three group stages, then the same should go for the strikers imo. (read somwhere that this was VdB's plan to give Valdes, Casillas and Reina an equal chance.)

Nooo, Germany is so much better, just look at how Bayern and Dortmund demolished Barca and Real, surely Germany will win the WC next year...

Seems like a fair plan. I'd support it.

:lol: :lol: at the other part. :VdB:

ceefoo

The crowd booing Spain for keeping possession... :facepalm:
Indeed. :shrug:

Martinez is trying to hard or am I getting a false impression?
Reminds me of Donkey from Shrek.

Is it only me or that Uruguayan player wearing a "long shorts"..I dunno how to describe it lol..
That's Martín Caceres, ex-Barcelona. He thinks he's a gangster-rapper.

spain are still scarily better than everyone else :surrender:
They are still THE TEAM TO BEAT in world football.

MoTM = :iniesta: Masterclass performance and a privilege to watch him.

Jadentheman

Who else wants to see Brazil vs. Spain just so NeyGOAT can finally meet his teammates for the first time?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Barca8

Even though it was an absolutely boring 2nd half... Spain still continue to show they are the best side in the world.

1 question... Spain at the senior and u21 level apply the 6-second rule where players like Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Cesc & Alba don't look exhausted or unable... why weren't Barca able to do that this past season?

dmode

Have to admit Arbeola >> Alves. Not making useless runs down then sides, not providing useless crosses and one time I saw him covering for Alba on the left. Someone sent Alves tape of this game so he learn to play full back.

B

beautifulgame

Have to admit Arbeola >> Alves. Not making useless runs down then sides, not providing useless crosses and one time I saw him covering for Alba on the left. Someone sent Alves tape of this game so he learn to play full back.

lollllzzzzz

for real though?

this forum... is getting worse by the day. this happens though huh every time a team that was on top stumbles.

Beast

The Observer
lollllzzzzz

for real though?

this forum... is getting worse by the day. this happens though huh every time a team that was on top stumbles.

This

even as a Madridista i wouldn't even consider that Arbeloa is better than Alves, Arbeloa was our weakest link in the last 2 seasons
yes he had a good game last night but that's because his position is no longer guaranteed with Carvajal returning , with his fallout with Iker he now needs to start working his ass off to get a starting position

BerkeleyBernie

1 question... Spain at the senior and u21 level apply the 6-second rule where players like Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Cesc & Alba don't look exhausted or unable... why weren't Barca able to do that this past season?

Barça's "No CF Siege Formation" and Messi. Messi presses when he feels like it. The formation puts everyone outside the opposition's 10 men behind the ball, so Barça is basically too far away to close them down rapidly. They often simply don't have have the numbers near the ball to "swarm." Also, it seems Barça now loses the ball closer to the half line (i.e a Messi dribble, a Cesc pass), dispossessions rather than blocked/missed shots in the box, so the opposition is already out of their half.

Even without the intense pressing, still good enough against most teams.

ShandyFFM

Germany won't win anything with Jogi Löw as a coach

This ! Btw i missed the game because it was so late. Does someone has a Iniesta vs Uruguay vid or the Highlights ? Thanks

7 Barca players as starters this was more Barca vs Uruguay than Spain vs Uruguay

Last edited:

DavidVillano1

Arbeloa class once again, but apparently he's 'shit' and nothing to the mighty Carvajal :lol:

He's not better than Alves though, albeit he's better defensively. Not sure if the above post about Germany was sarcasm or not, but they're not better than Spain nevermind 'much better'... Noticed again most people are tipping Germany to win this World Cup, just like the last two tournaments. Once again their being a bit overrated, a good team but have much more issues and question marks than Spain!

Home of Barca Fans