Confederations Cup 2013 - Final: Brazil 3-0 Spain

Germany have enough quality to win WC2014 but I dont think they will because they lack a real leader, the current crop of players are some of the most technically gifted players germany have produced in a long time but with the exception of Neuer and Muller they all seem to lack the gritty determination

barcanuck

7 Barca players as starters this was more Barca vs Uruguay than Spain vs Uruguay

It's clear Barca has 7 amazing players that can more than run a club and country to dominance. The national side is built way more tough however as Ramos, Arbeloa, Xavi, Javi Martinez, Soldado, Torres all can add muscle and ariel presence which Barca severely lacks. Not to mention Iker is one of the best keepers of all time. This team is as complete as the barca of 6cups in my opinion as they have a great mix of tiki taka and strength.

oz187

1 question... Spain at the senior and u21 level apply the 6-second rule where players like Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Cesc & Alba don't look exhausted or unable... why weren't Barca able to do that this past season?

Tito used different tactics. The pressing game has its advantages, but there is a big risk. Many a time oposition players would get completely free on goal, which cost the team, for example against Chelsea. Tito has stretched the team more and allowed the defense to play deeper which has mitigated this. It's also reduced the level of bus parking as teams have been able to attack Barca more, which in turn allows Barca to take advantage of the transition and break more. However it does mean the opposition have been able to get to the Barca defense more, in particular get more balls into the box which has lead to a higher number of goals conceded.

Meitux

It's clear Barca has 7 amazing players that can more than run a club and country to dominance. The national side is built way more tough however as Ramos, Arbeloa, Xavi, Javi Martinez, Soldado, Torres all can add muscle and ariel presence which Barca severely lacks. Not to mention Iker is one of the best keepers of all time. This team is as complete as the barca of 6cups in my opinion as they have a great mix of tiki taka and strength.
Xavi who? if you mean our Xavi seriously he cant add any muscle,if you mean Alonso you could write Xabi and not making us confusing

Last edited:
P

PhilS

It's clear Barca has 7 amazing players that can more than run a club and country to dominance. The national side is built way more tough however as Ramos, Arbeloa, Xabi, Javi Martinez, Soldado, Torres all can add muscle and ariel presence which Barca severely lacks. Not to mention Iker is one of the best keepers of all time. This team is as complete as the barca of 6cups in my opinion as they have a great mix of tiki taka and strength.

Spain has a really spectacular team right now, but I think the current Barca team is better, and the triple Barca team of 2010-11 was clearly better.

OK, I agree, Ramos would improve the Barca back line. He would improve any team's back line, and the pairing of Ramos and Pique might be the best I have ever seen.

Valdes is quite close to Iker.

Javi Martinez and Torres just ride the bench for La Roja, so their muscle does not add much.

Xabi is a very fine player, but in a single DM system Busquets is clearly better.

Any team in the world would accept Alves in trade for Arbeloa. However, the Alves-Alba pairing is a really interesting comparison to the Alves-Alba pairing, are Alves and Alva too alike to play at the same time against the best offensive opponents?

The big Barca advantage is the best player who has ever played.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Tahiti: Samin, Vallar, Simon, Ludivion, Alvin Tehau, Caroine, Bourebare, Aitamai, Jonathan Tehau, Chong Hue, Vahirua.

Nigeria: Enyeama, Oboabona, Echiejile, Ambrose, Omeruo, Mikel, Ogude, Mba, Ujah, Musa, Oduamadi

Gwan Tahiti :dance:

Barca8

Barça's "No CF Siege Formation" and Messi. Messi presses when he feels like it. The formation puts everyone outside the opposition's 10 men behind the ball, so Barça is basically too far away to close them down rapidly. They often simply don't have have the numbers near the ball to "swarm." Also, it seems Barça now loses the ball closer to the half line (i.e a Messi dribble, a Cesc pass), dispossessions rather than blocked/missed shots in the box, so the opposition is already out of their half.

Even without the intense pressing, still good enough against most teams.

Tito used different tactics. The pressing game has its advantages, but there is a big risk. Many a time oposition players would get completely free on goal, which cost the team, for example against Chelsea. Tito has stretched the team more and allowed the defense to play deeper which has mitigated this. It's also reduced the level of bus parking as teams have been able to attack Barca more, which in turn allows Barca to take advantage of the transition and break more. However it does mean the opposition have been able to get to the Barca defense more, in particular get more balls into the box which has lead to a higher number of goals conceded.

Good posts...true

Pepe Silvia

Arbeloa class once again, but apparently he's 'shit' and nothing to the mighty Carvajal :lol:

He's not better than Alves though, albeit he's better defensively. Not sure if the above post about Germany was sarcasm or not, but they're not better than Spain nevermind 'much better'... Noticed again most people are tipping Germany to win this World Cup, just like the last two tournaments. Once again their being a bit overrated, a good team but have much more issues and question marks than Spain!
Arbeloa is one of the more error prone defenders in the game... thats widely known.

F

Flavia

Tahiti: Samin, Vallar, Simon, Ludivion, Alvin Tehau, Caroine, Bourebare, Aitamai, Jonathan Tehau, Chong Hue, Vahirua.

Nigeria: Enyeama, Oboabona, Echiejile, Ambrose, Omeruo, Mikel, Ogude, Mba, Ujah, Musa, Oduamadi

Gwan Tahiti :dance:
Nigeria 2 up already... Imagine what spain will do.

impeh

Hi, its me..
nice to see them score :wub:

but even with spain probably changing their entire first 11, will be a long night :lol:

DavidVillano1

Hopefully Villa starts and scores about 5.

Really can see double figures if Spain have their shooting boots on and want to score a few.

So gutted that second chance just went by the post for Tahiti

Home of Barca Fans