Votes: 0 0.0%
  • USA

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Djoker

Yea not playing advantage there was pretty jokes. As was the penalty on RDP which was weak as hell.

Not saying Argentina played well though. If they play like that, they'll get absolutely creamed in the Finals if they even make it that far. Got to be better. Other than Dibu, everyone else on the team should be doing some soul searching. Ref sucked but it's not an excuse.

soul24rage

Yea not playing advantage there was pretty jokes. As was the penalty on RDP which was weak as hell.

Not saying Argentina played well though. If they play like that, they'll get absolutely creamed in the Finals if they even make it that far. Got to be better. Other than Dibu, everyone else on the team should be doing some soul searching. Ref sucked but it's not an excuse.
100%.

The warning signs were there vs Canada and vs Chile. The team and Scaloni really needs to treat this game as the Saudi Arabia game.

Regroup, restrategize and go for it in the Semi's.

KingLeo10

I think it's just complacency. It's hard winning so much in a row.

They do need to cap off the Copa though. That would be a memorable quadruple - Copa, Finalissima, World Cup, Copa.

Unfortunately, I think complacency (especially if they win this Copa) will bite them harder at the WC 2026 (plus, the pitches will probably be garbage as it's US hosted).

soul24rage

I think it's just complacency. It's hard winning so much in a row.

They do need to cap off the Copa though. That would be a memorable quadruple - Copa, Finalissima, World Cup, Copa.

Unfortunately, I think complacency (especially if they win this Copa) will bite them harder at the WC 2026 (plus, the pitches will probably be garbage as it's US hosted).
This squad needs rejuvenation badly and I wish that process happened right after the WC22, but it is what it is. It'll happen after this Copa 24.

There are talented young players who are more than ready to step up. Fortunately, Argentina is in a good place in the WCQ standings so hopefully these new players will be played in the Fall 2024 WCQs.

Last edited:

Iniesta Ultra

RDP had his right arm up, proper pen

Birdy

Why did Scaloni leave? Obviously Samuel is not of the same level

Argentina are lucky to face venezuela/canada, they will reach the final most certainly

But both Colombia and Uruguay have been better so far and deserve it more

soul24rage

Why did Scaloni leave? Obviously Samuel is not of the same level

Argentina are lucky to face venezuela/canada, they will reach the final most certainly

But both Colombia and Uruguay have been better so far and deserve it more
Scaloni is still the coach mate.

You probably saw Samuel when Scaloni was suspended for 1 match.

Home of Barca Fans