Votes: 0 0.0%
  • USA

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

companyofcules

Europe has more good teams but also has more average and bad teams. It's a bigger tournament so it has more total quality because of that but I don't think the average quality is higher. Teams like Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay and Colombia would all be serious contenders to win the Euro.
Nobody is better than Uruguay and Argentina with South American referees. Lol no chance in hell for European primadonas.

AURELIUS2

Ah the Mbappe joke argument resurfaces. Argentina wiped the floor with the Netherlands, Croatia and France. Only Scaloni's continual weakness at making substitutions allowed the Netherlands and France to come back.

Scaloni really needs to be brave and drop Messi. You cannot carry passengers. He needs a pressing trio upfront.. For me get di Maria-Alvarez-Garnacho . Play higher up the pitch and Garnacho will also cover the RB too. In midfield swap out de Paul who has been very poor. I think he thinks his reputation alone is sufficient to stay in the side. He has been dreadful. Get in Palacios. Varela would have also been a great option and in future you have the likes of Perrone (superb metrics this season for Las Palmas), Equi coming through. Mac to play more advanced and Enzo in behind him.

It's not hard to figure out. But does Scaloni have the cojones to do it. To drop Messi ? And de Paul ? The team comes first surely. Messi clearly is carrying a knock and Ecuador bypassed him from the back. Alvarez did his best when he came on but even then it was Mac Allister who helped him at times on the press. There was no sign of RdP.

Use Messi as s supersub. We've already seen how Portugal have suffered thanks to the ego of a prima donna and a manager who has refused to use young forwards like Ramos and Felix instead which has cost them dear. Do the right thing Lionel S. Team comes first over any individual even the joint GOAT (Diego being the other).

AURELIUS2

People actually watch this competition except for the final? :lol:

Euro is miles better in terms of quality. I mean Chile won two back to back titles not long ago.

And ? Chile had some excellent players at the time in their peak and very well coached although they can thank Higuain for their triumphs. I love this Eurocentric nonsense. Many of the great innovations in football like 4-4-2, wingbacks, the sweeper keeper have come from South America. European sides were blown away when Uruguay first visited Europe and the first box to box midfielders like Andrade. Total football is a Dutch invention ? Think again. La Maquina was already in operation in the late thirties with the sweeper keeper and mobile interchanging players all across the pitch. Had it not been for WW2 Argentina would have undoubtedly won in 42 and 46 with players that are legendary across South America and one who did eventually make it to Europe a certain Alfredo di Stefano.

Maradona37

Watched the game. What a finish by Rondon, was beautiful. Penalties weren't great other than the one by Davies. I was hoping for Venezuela but congratulations to Canada.

soul24rage

Watched the game. What a finish by Rondon, was beautiful. Penalties weren't great other than the one by Davies. I was hoping for Venezuela but congratulations to Canada.
I loved the way Venezuela moved the ball around. There's a reason why they are doing well in the WCQ.

Batista did well to coach them.

Home of Barca Fans