• USA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Birdy

It's simple:

- If fanboyism w/o logic gets the upper hand, Messi will get it.
- if Madrid mafia and Perez influence wins, Vinicius will get it
- if sound footballing logic and meritocracy survice, Rodri is clear

JohnN

Messi has no claim for BDor this season and no one is advocating for that.
The issue is that no player has stood out individually so much so it will be a close call.
Vini is the closest for me. Perhaps Rodri since the big exposure he got in the Euros.
Bellingham is not in the running for me.

Horatio

You're welcome
If it is between bellingham and vini I hope it will be vini 10/10 times.

Don’t think anyone else but those two stand a chance of winning.

Horatio

You're welcome
Messi has no claim for BDor this season and no one is advocating for that.
The issue is that no player has stood out individually so much so it will be a close call.
Vini is the closest for me. Perhaps Rodri since the big exposure he got in the Euros.
Bellingham is not in the running for me.

What big exposure did rodri get during euros? I am happy he deservedly won player of tournament. But up until end of final everyone been talking about lamine and nico. Even olmo lol.

Fingers crossed rodri wins balon, but in honest opinion don’t think he’s ever favourite.

Birdy

Look,
supposedly they changed in 2021 or 2022 the criteria, and now its not the 'absolutely best' individual player as it was in the past.
Now its the individual that contributed more to 'collective wins' at both club and international level.

Based on the new criteria, then, it will be ridiculous for anyone other than Rodri to win it.
was the most important piece in a team that won 4 EPLs in a row (record), and in the team that won Euros.
On the other hand, you have messi who didn't contribute much to an international trophy win of his nation, did 0 at club level as he plays in Miami
Or you have Vinicius, who was the one who contributed the most to Madrid's CL win, but has nothing to show for the international side of the evaluation.
Bellingham shouldn't even be in the discussion IMO, as he wasn't the one contributed the most for Madrid, nor for England

JohnN

What big exposure did rodri get during euros? I am happy he deservedly won player of tournament. But up until end of final everyone been talking about lamine and nico. Even olmo lol.
Many people, analysts, pundits etc singled out Rodri for his performances. Of course the young talent gets the spotlight by many? but they don't have any claim for BDor.

Maradona37

Rodri's problem is he's a footballer for footballers. He isn't a PR merchant who is constantly on social media bragging or buying favourable stories. Hence, this can affect the narrative as many football fans are in it for the glamour more than the actual on-pitch stuff. And that narrative also plays a part in the thinking of voters.

Like I say, I don't believe in individual awards on team sports.

JohnN

Look,
supposedly they changed in 2021 or 2022 the criteria, and now its not the 'absolutely best' individual player as it was in the past.
Now its the individual that contributed more to 'collective wins' at both club and international level.

Based on the new criteria, then, it will be ridiculous for anyone other than Rodri to win it.
was the most important piece in a team that won 4 EPLs in a row (record), and in the team that won Euros.
On the other hand, you have messi who didn't contribute much to an international trophy win of his nation, did 0 at club level as he plays in Miami
Or you have Vinicius, who was the one who contributed the most to Madrid's CL win, but has nothing to show for the international side of the evaluation.
Bellingham shouldn't even be in the discussion IMO, as he wasn't the one contributed the most for Madrid, nor for England
You keep bringing up Messi, but he is not in the top contenders this season. Even with a great copa, which he didn't have due to many reasons, he still wouldn't be. He will never be again except if by some miracle he participates in the next WC, be the standout player again and win it, an almost impossible scenario.
As for the others, I agree.

Horatio

You're welcome
Many people, analysts, pundits etc singled out Rodri for his performances. Of course the young talent gets the spotlight by many? but they don't have any claim for BDor.

That’s nice. Didn’t get to listen to many pundits this tourney. Still don’t think that is enough for him to win it.

Windhook

Until EURO/Copa it was Vini Jr./Bellingham for BdO. Now it's an open contest. Players will have to prove their worth until late November (I think), when the French close polls.

Maradona37

Bellingham winning would be repulsive and reinforce everything wrong with modern football. It would be a victory for PR and self-promotion (like many of CR's wins)>

I'd rather see Vini win it over him.

Horatio

You're welcome
Until EURO/Copa it was Vini Jr./Bellingham for BdO. Now it's an open contest. Players will have to prove their worth until late November (I think), when the French close polls.
Vini and bellingham are still favourites. Unless they decide to go on holidays until November don’t see that change.

Maaaaaybe Yamal could surpass them if he consistently starts to put in wordly performances and people love what he is doing and if PR machine goes full force and sell it as being one to bring the joy back to watching football at that age. Eyes will be on him now after euro and he could take advantage of recency bias. But even then unlikely.

Birdy

What happens from August to November plays 0 role
The new criteria are clear: Ballon D Or concerns the 23-24 season

Home of Barca Fans