Cr150

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andresito

Staff member
It's about consistency and a large sample size though, isn't it?

He's a very well rounded player in terms of attributes. That's not up for debate. Shooting, Dribbling, Heading, Crossing, Passing, Weak Foot, Strength, Pace, Height, Tricks n Skills, Penalties, Free Kicks, Long and super long shots, Mental attributes: he has it all?
About some of those attributes you included.
Shooting? Messi has better conversion rate + better xG.
E2LbE1nXsAMC2-y.jpg
FcFLBKhWIAEZflV.jpg

Dribbling already been settled. CR is heading GOAT. Crossing is a secondary attribute for inside forwards/false nine. Passing, Messi gets compared to the greatest passers of his generation. Weak foot, see below. Strength, Messi makes more use of his balance than CR does of his strength even though CR is stronger (again effeiciency?) same applies to max pace/acceleration. Rest, see below.

I asked about this once before but never got a reply.

"Ronaldo has this huge toolbox of being able to shoot from different angles, distances and with both feet. And more ways of beating the GK. Still Messi has more goals outside the box. What's more important? Being efficient or being spectacular?

In line with the ancient argument of Ronaldo being more 'complete'. Can score with both feet, can score with his head. No weaknesses really. Still outscored by this weaker, slower, [mental] midget who can only score with his left foot."

Also, yeah CR has more assists in this particular tournament CL, but you have to include the eye test as well. Nobody is going to say CR is a better assister than Messi just because he has more assists in CL. Pics below isn't to compare volume but to compare how the assists happen.
E3Te2FPWEAc9TSG
E3Te2FPXEAg3cAK

You're the one saying football is becoming more and more rigid. You of all people should love watching prime Messi play as it's pure joy. He's always taking the initiative to make something happen offensively. I can tell you all those times I've been at Camp Nou, only one player has the effect that lifts everyone's asses from the seats a couple of cm's whenever he has the ball. Can imagine that same effect occurs whenever CR's buddies are lining up a cross with him in the box. See the difference?

In terms of 'pure football' Messi is so incredibly superior to anyone else, not a lot of players can become MOTM with 0 goals and 0 assists for example and those who manage to do it sometimes are the ones you consider to be footballing artists. Eye test backs him, stats backs him, trophies back him.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

You do realize Fati brought up CR7 in relation to Messi and co first, which you yourself point out. Andresito even responded to it before I did.

But aye, if you and Fati want to keep twerking in concert like a pair of entangled CR7sexuals, by all means :lol:

It's not my problem when your obsession interpret ''Ronaldo being in top6 dribbling players despite his height is amazing'' to ''Messi is a bad header'' - wtf is this conclusion :D

Fati_Future_BallonDor

E2LbE1nXsAMC2-y.jpg
FcFLBKhWIAEZflV.jpg

Dribbling already been settled. CR is heading GOAT. Crossing is a secondary attribute for inside forwards/false nine. Passing, Messi gets compared to the greatest passers of his generation. Weak foot, see below. Strength, Messi makes more use of his balance than CR does of his strength even though CR is stronger (again effeiciency?) same applies to max pace/acceleration. Rest, see below.

"Ronaldo has this huge toolbox of being able to shoot from different angles, distances and with both feet. And more ways of beating the GK. Still Messi has more goals outside the box. What's more important? Being efficient or being spectacular?

In line with the ancient argument of Ronaldo being more 'complete'. Can score with both feet, can score with his head. No weaknesses really. Still outscored by this weaker, slower, [mental] midget who can only score with his left foot."

Also, yeah CR has more assists in this particular tournament CL, but you have to include the eye test as well. Nobody is going to say CR is a better assister than Messi just because he has more assists in CL. Pics below isn't to compare volume but to compare how the assists happen.
E3Te2FPWEAc9TSG
E3Te2FPXEAg3cAK

You're the one saying football is becoming more and more rigid. You of all people should love watching prime Messi play as it's pure joy. He's always taking the initiative to make something happen offensively. I can tell you all those times I've been at Camp Nou, only one player has the effect that lifts everyone's asses from the seats a couple of cm's whenever he has the ball. Can imagine that same effect occurs whenever CR's buddies are lining up a cross with him in the box. See the difference?

In terms of 'pure football' Messi is so incredibly superior to anyone else, not a lot of players can become MOTM with 0 goals and 0 assists for example and those who manage to do it sometimes are the ones you consider to be footballing artists. Eye test backs him, stats backs him, trophies back him.

Messi was overall a better finisher than CR in his career but we have to consider Ronaldo loves shooting from 30m, that's why in his seasons from 09-13 his scored% looks so low....
and to spectacular point, ofc prime Messi was a joy to watch but Ronaldo from 07-2014 was nice to watch too, many ppl consider him as a boring football because they have only his last years in their mind.

Temptation

E2LbE1nXsAMC2-y.jpg
FcFLBKhWIAEZflV.jpg

E3Te2FPWEAc9TSG
E3Te2FPXEAg3cAK

Don't know mate, my point is still valid?

Efficiency is a separate conversation, innit? What I said about Ronaldo shooting from all kinds of angles and distances using both feet still stands?

A long shot from the edge of the box is simpler than one from further out.

About the eye test, I do love Ronaldo's style of play in his peak. Those stepovers, knuckleballs, flying headers, ridiculous free kicks. We have different tastes. I prefer watching young Messi than the old playmaker version.

You're telling me Messi is a more clinical finisher which I have discussed at length in the past and agreed to. But my point about the variety and range of Ronaldo's shooting is clearly correct.

Horatio

You're welcome
Messi was overall a better finisher than CR in his career but we have to consider Ronaldo loves shooting from 30m, that's why in his seasons from 09-13 his scored% looks so low....
and to spectacular point, ofc prime Messi was a joy to watch but Ronaldo from 07-2014 was nice to watch too, many ppl consider him as a boring football because they have only his last years in their mind.
“Ronaldo loves shooting from 30m” is a nice way to frame he wasn’t as good as dribbling into box as messi.

KingLeo10

The stepovers, knuckleballs, and free kicks stopped in 2012 or so, where he was repeatedly getting shut out/eliminated by big teams like Barca and co.

He couldn’t cut it with this style of play at the top so he became the poacher in the box that scored a lot of CL goals

Don’t try to sell us on a version of CR7 that existed 12 years ago, and when it existed, he had success but not huge success (he kept getting shut out and beat by Barca/Messi H2H in league and CL).

The post you liked from that Portuguese about CR7 having a 2 M jump (lmao) is how you two lads truly feel about him. Just keep that energy and don’t recede when the mods arrive and reason with you.

KingLeo10

These two trolls when mods aren’t here - posting all sorts of ridiculous shit about CR7 and degrading Messi.

When they arrive - “of course Messi is great but we need to give CR7 love too”.

Lmao.

Temptation

Yeah like Messi's style of play didn't get boring and the entertainment value didn't get lesser. :lol:

Messi in the first part of his career had dazzling runs and dribbled past people for fun. In recent years, Messi fanboys twerk for shit like key passes coz he lost that magical acceleration.

Ageing forces players to change their game. No shit Sherlock!

Also, indirectly bragging about favourable treatment from the mods ain't the flex you think it is. :lol:

KingLeo10

Messi’s style of play was similar till about 2019 and he achieved big success with it in the recent WC too. He wasn’t a playmaker in that WC - he was a creative forward and had many great dribbles.

Your boy couldn’t cut it with his style and had to became a poacher - facts are just facts

Andresito

Staff member
Don't know mate, my point is still valid?

Efficiency is a separate conversation, innit? What I said about Ronaldo shooting from all kinds of angles and distances using both feet still stands?

A long shot from the edge of the box is simpler than one from further out.

About the eye test, I do love Ronaldo's style of play in his peak. Those stepovers, knuckleballs, flying headers, ridiculous free kicks. We have different tastes. I prefer watching young Messi than the old playmaker version.

You're telling me Messi is a more clinical finisher which I have discussed at length in the past and agreed to. But my point about the variety and range of Ronaldo's shooting is clearly correct.

Ronaldo has never relied on his super long shots. Sure that Porto goal is satisfying but that's not something anyone can do on a regular basis, hence it's a secondary skill to possess. Messi mastered the outside of the box shots and scored some fine goals too even if not full powered from half a km away. There is a variety in Ronaldo's finishing true but it's kind of pointless since it didn't actually give him an edge over his rival.

What you describe isn't Ronaldo's peak. What you describe is Ronaldo playing for United, the biggest rivals of your club. Inb4 'people can enjoy rival players too', I just don't understand how you can watch and enjoy a player be successful that directly affects the club you support. Opinions are scattered all around the world of football and that's fine but some things just don't go hand in hand.

Temptation

Ronaldo has never relied on his super long shots. Sure that Porto goal is satisfying but that's not something anyone can do on a regular basis, hence it's a secondary skill to possess. Messi mastered the outside of the box shots and scored some fine goals too even if not full powered from half a km away. There is a variety in Ronaldo's finishing true but it's kind of pointless since it didn't actually give him an edge over his rival.

What you describe isn't Ronaldo's peak. What you describe is Ronaldo playing for United, the biggest rivals of your club. Inb4 'people can enjoy rival players too', I just don't understand how you can watch and enjoy a player be successful that directly affects the club you support. Opinions are scattered all around the world of football and that's fine but some things just don't go hand in hand.
False. Ronaldo had plenty of astonishing long shots in Real Madrid too. Also, it's not relevant which club he does it for and if I despise that club(that's not how Football debates and discussions work).

Some jaw-dropping long shots he scored for RM:

Why is it pointless? A tap in counts as 1 goal. So does a solo dribble goal. But we don't say "What's the point?" because Messi's solo goals are unique and amazing? Just like Ronaldo's shooting ability and range.

KingLeo10

Messi has more outside the box goals than CR7 and more recently too.

Keep dredging up isolated YT videos from ancient Egypt though.

Temptation

Aye Messi's "outside the box" goals are mostly from the edge of box. A few yards outside the box. Every league has numerous goals from that distance every week.

Ronaldo's long shots are actual long range bangers which need an insane level of distance shooting ability to pull off. Only few players from his era can pull it off regularly(like Gerrard, Kaka, Bale).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans