Cr150

soul24rage

Messi has 0 cls and 0 int. titles without all time greats/top2 team

At least Ronaldo won with an average Portugal team an int. title 🤨

This is a discussion you cant win so i dont know why you repeat it every second day 🫠
Before the WC, people in this forum thought that Argentina don't have the team to compete for WC :lol:

I'm sure before the WC, a lot of people haven't heard of a MacAllister or a Enzo Fernandez or a Julian Alvarez

Fati_Future_BallonDor

We already discussed in what context he won an int title with an ,,average" team.

And if you think this Arg team has all time greats filled in it , then you are dumber than I tought.

He won a WC with a team rated 6th quality wise before the start of the tourney. France and England had a squad worth over a bil , Arg team was somewhere around 400 mil if I'm not mistaken.

But go on and keep coping that he has Maradona and Pele like players in his team and has it easy lmao .

Barca = all time greats

Argentina = top2 team

If its Messi who lead them to the wins why between 2010-2016 prime Messi couldnt do that??

Also Scaloni played a big role

I dont know why you guys are so obsessed to think Messi lead an average team to the titles 🤣

Maradona37

Believe me dude im one of the most neutral guys here and i dont disagree everything you say but this KL dude is acting like Messi won the cl with UD Almeria and the int. titles with Lettland :lol:

he needs a reality check every week

Both players had their best time in winning titles when their team was superior 🐐
Obviously I don't wanna go the other way and act like his titles and achievements are meaningless, lol. But they have to be put in the proper context. Ronaldo fanboys (not you) talk like he's a one man army dragging garbage teams to victory, and that is so detached from reality it's untrue. That's where the push back comes and people go the other way, talking like he was a donkey who scored every goal from a penalty or from one yard out.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Before the WC, people in this forum thought that Argentina don't have the team to compete for WC :lol:

I'm sure before the WC, a lot of people haven't heard of a MacAllister or a Enzo Fernandez or a Julian Alvarez

Ppl thought it because of the history of Argentina fails in last 10 years, still they were one of the top favourites to win it

and as we saw these players are not c-level players, they performed extremely well and thats not because of Messi's aura but Scaloni had a great system which worked for them 🤔

Maradona37

Barca = all time greats

Argentina = top2 team

If its Messi who lead them to the wins why between 2010-2016 prime Messi couldnt do that??

I dont know why you guys are so obsessed to think Messi lead an average team to the titles 🤣
Argentina weren't a top 2 team, and only are now because of Messi.

People used to say Argentina had so many great players...then they listed Messi, Tevez, Higuain, Di Maria, Aguero. Only two or three of them can play at once. They were top heavy in Messi's prime, Portugal actually had a more solid, dependable defence that gave Ronaldo a better platform. Messi also had atrocious coaches for a long time at international level, whereas Ronaldo had more stability.

Saying Argentina had a great team because they were overflowing with forwards is FIFA 23 level of discourse, lol.

Maradona37

'If its Messi who lead them to the wins why between 2010-2016 prime Messi couldnt do that??'

Because football is often a game of fine margins. He had good tournaments and came very close, it isn't like he utterly flopped post 2010. If he scores that penalty vs Chile or Argentina beat Germany in a tight game in Brazil, he's celebrated as an amazing international player.

The fact he ended up winning both competitions years later proves that he'd always been good and just needed the fortune to turn.

You won't always win.

soul24rage

Ppl thought it because of the history of Argentina fails in last 10 years, still they were one of the top favourites to win it

and as we saw these players are not c-level players, they performed extremely well and thats not because of Messi's aura but Scaloni had a great system which worked for them 🤔
No, Argentina was not the favorites according to people before the WC. It was mostly France and Brazil. Look at some comments in this forum. Even more so after the defeat against Saudi Arabia.

The players always mention that they are fighting more for Messi to win than for themselves. If that's not Messi's aura, then I don't know what is

soul24rage

'If its Messi who lead them to the wins why between 2010-2016 prime Messi couldnt do that??'

Because football is often a game of fine margins. He had good tournaments and came very close, it isn't like he utterly flopped post 2010. If he scores that penalty vs Chile or Argentina beat Germany in a tight game in Brazil, he's celebrated as an amazing international player.

The fact he ended up winning both competitions years later proves that he'd always been good and just needed the fortune to turn.

You won't always win.
Exactly. He was very very close to winning all those trophies between 2014-2016.

Just as Ronaldo was very very close to losing the CL in 2008 and 2014.

Very fine margins indeed.

Maradona37

Anyway, back on topic...

everyone knows Cristiano Ronaldo has been an excellent player for a large part of his career (personally I think he lost it when he left Real Madrid). Nobody is disputing that he had a lot of years where he provided some entertainment and scored a lot of goals, and won trophies. He's been a great player.

The issue is you're comparing him to THE BEST PLAYERS IN FOOTBALL HISTORY. Football is an insanely competitive game, and to be amongst the best ever ie top 5, you have to be an utter genius. He isn't one, and never will be.

CatalinR10

Nah man , it was clear as day that Messi was about to win a World Cup with a starting lineup with players like 20 mil player Molina , 3,5 mil old Otamendi , 9 mil Tagliafico from Lyon , midfielders from Benfica and Brighton at that time , bench player Alvarez from City , lots of games on the bench at Atletico , de Paul , out of form Lautaro. How can you not win a world cup with a team full of these players that would rival best versions of Barcelona/Milan/RM/ etc .

KingLeo10

Messi has 0 cls and 0 int. titles without all time greats/top2 team

At least Ronaldo won with an average Portugal team an int. title
🤨

This is a discussion you cant win so i dont know why you repeat it every second day 🫠
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is a level of deranged that requires heavy consumption of lead :lol:

You're fortunate @Andresito likes having you around so we only get to bash you around like the donkey you are on these thread. Instead of being booted :lol:

CatalinR10

Barca = all time greats

Argentina = top2 team

Do you have the memory of a goldfish , chief ?

This subject was already talked for hundreds of times already with you participating in most of the discussions.\

Do you have nothing better to do than recycle same shit over and over ?

Home of Barca Fans