Cr150

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

No problem.

Who was the third penalty? Slovenia 2024, Austria 2016. I normally have a pretty good memory but I can't think who it was for the fucking life of me.

Need Don to come back in and tell us who it is.

Correction, he has missed 3 out of 9 penalties in major international tournaments, not just Euros. He missed 1 out of 2 penaldos at World Cups

More stats :

He has now attempted over twice as many direct free-kicks in Euros competitions than any other player, failing to score, since records began in 1980.

Ronaldo has had the most shots (20) in this tournament so far of any player.

It is his longest goalscoring drought in major tournaments. He has scored in every major tournament before this.

He has not netted in his last eight Euros or World Cup games.

For the first time in his career, Ronaldo failed to score in the group stage of a major tournament at Euro 2024.

:crbust:

Maradona37

Correction, he has missed 3 out of 9 penalties in major international tournaments, not just Euros.

More stats :

He has now attempted over twice as many direct free-kicks in Euros competitions than any other player, failing to score, since records began in 1980.

Ronaldo has had the most shots (20) in this tournament so far of any player.

It is his longest goalscoring drought in major tournaments. He has scored in every major tournament before this.

He has not netted in his last eight Euros or World Cup games.

For the first time in his career, Ronaldo failed to score in the group stage of a major tournament at Euro 2024.

:crbust:
Makes sense now - third one was Iran 2018. He should also have been sent off for an elbow in that game but ref bottled it.

Those stats are also incredible.

Platini's 9 goals in 5 games at Euro 84 piss all over any tournament this gimp has ever had.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Makes sense now - third one was Iran 2018. He should also have been sent off for an elbow in that game but ref bottled it.

Those stats are also incredible.

Platini's 9 goals in 5 games at Euro 84 piss all over any tournament this gimp has ever had.

I have Platini as the best European footballer of all time. Him or Van Basten. Can't really decide.

Although Zico was slightly better than Platini and have him as the best attacking midfielder of all time.

Maradona37

Yeah Zico is absolutely underrated as fuck in the all-time debate, a true genius. Four best Brazilian players of all time are Pele, Zico, Ronaldo 9 and Garrincha for me.

Zico and Platini were recognised as the best players in the world until a certain young Maradona came onto the scene.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Or Beckenbauer or Cruyff. No love for those two?

Beckenbauer would get in my Best ever XI at centre back , but attackers take precedent because being a great attacker is so much more difficult than being a great defender.

Cruyff would be between 10th and 15th on the list. Great player but really am not as enamored with him as much as I should be, especially given that I'm a Barca fan.

Maradona37

Beckenbauer would get in my Best ever XI at centre back , but attackers take precedent because being a great attacker is so much more difficult than being a great defender.

Cruyff would be between 10th and 15th on the list. Great player but really am not as enamored with him as much as I should be, especially given that I'm a Barca fan.
I guess that's a fair point on Beckenbauer. I would say that he revolutioised the sweeper/libero role though which would count for a lot. But I still understand.

Quite surprising that about Cruyff. From what I have seen he was a brilliant player, plus he is a pioneer as a coach. I guess sometimes we just don't take a shine to someone.

What do you think of Puskas? This is going way back though to before plenty of good footage really.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

I guess that's a fair point on Beckenbauer. I would say that he revolutioised the sweeper/libero role though which would count for a lot. But I still understand.

Quite surprising that about Cruyff. From what I have seen he was a brilliant player, plus he is a pioneer as a coach. I guess sometimes we just don't take a shine to someone.

What do you think of Puskas? This is going way back though to before plenty of good footage really.

Puskas and Di Stefano were very very good, but they played at a time when football quality really wasn't very good at all. I've not doubt great players from the 70s and 80s would be just as good nowadays, but not so sure about players from the 50s/60s.

Having said that, Di Stefano dominated his era and would have to be in my Top 10 ever, somewhere. Puskas further down 10-20th.

Maradona37

Puskas and Di Stefano were very very good, but they played at a time when football quality really wasn't very good at all. I've not doubt great players from the 70s and 80s would be just as good nowadays, but not so sure about players from the 50s/60s.

Having said that, Di Stefano dominated his era and would have to be in my Top 10 ever, somewhere. Puskas further down 10-20th.
Yeah fair points that, I think 70s is when football became high quality. Saying that, guys like Pele dominated so much in the 60s that you'd imagine they'd still be brilliant now.

Di Stefano would be in my top 5-10 too. Above C Ronaldo anyway :cool:

Home of Barca Fans