Cr150

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maradona37

0 goals is terrible considering how piss the group was, drawing Slovenia next, oh and having a penalty. Missed several sitters, legs have completely gone at this level. If he doesn’t retire the only way he goes to WC 2026 is on the bench. Why you’d want him around is beyond me though
Aye, I keep saying it - knowing when your time is up is a very undervalued quality.

The guy has won a lot in football, why not just retire, at least from the NT? People commend his love for the game, I don't think he does love the game - I think it's the limelight he craves. And football is the best vehicle to get that for him.

Maradona37

I didn't notice it at the time, but did he really elect to go second in the shootout? Did he win the toss? I thought Kante must have?

The team that goes first wins 60 percent of the time, mainly because you can pile pressure on the opponent by making them play catch up. Why did he elect to go second if he did?

I am sure Fernandes did the same thing when United played Villarreal in the EL Final. That extremely long shootout.

companyofcules

Poor chap, Mbappe was worse than him and scared of Diogo at penalties. He should have sit on the bench, Portugal was a big team and they have young strikers. Pitty

companyofcules

I didn't notice it at the time, but did he really elect to go second in the shootout? Did he win the toss? I thought Kante must have?

The team that goes first wins 60 percent of the time, mainly because you can pile pressure on the opponent by making them play catch up. Why did he elect to go second if he did?

I am sure Fernandes did the same thing when United played Villarreal in the EL Final. That extremely long shootout.
Had the public and Diogo. But this night the Africans were just perfect from the spot

JohnN

Do we have have @Fati_Future_BallonDor on suicide watch...
Mever seen a person trying to act so cool, lighthearted, "just joking" and all that, but actually on serious emotional and even physical pain when Ronaldo loses and Messi wins.
Poor lad, its going to be hard but he will come back eventually.

FinBarcelonafan

I am willing to bet anyone on here 30 euros that Ronaldo will play at the next World Cup. He doesn't know when to quit and they won't drop him.
I agree with this. He will definitely try to make it. He has a chance to win World Cup just by sitting on bench. Similar to his Euro win. He will jump on side and coach the team to a win.

FinBarcelonafan

Commentators on local TV already retire CR7 from international foobtall.

I doubt that. He's a physical specimen that will keep playing like Roger Milla into his 40's chasing the title.
Physical specimen. Laughed.

The guy is proper softie these days. Falls down, that's what he does. No strength at all.

Rassvet

No other player has had more impact on their nation than Ronaldo did for Portugal

In 2003 Ronaldo made his debut for Portugal, serial underachievers who had qualified for 3 World Cups in 80 years

Ronaldo won Portugal their first ever 2 trophies, has almost every international record possible, and most importantly, changed his nations history from underdogs to a a bonified super nation

He's in the debate for best international player ever whether you like it or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans