Cr150

Fati_Future_BallonDor

To be fair wasn't that like two penalties or something lol (didn't watch the video). Neither of them hardly put in a performance for the ages.

I get what you mean though that maybe sometimes someone like me is a bit too harsh on Ronaldo. But he's so hard to like or give credit to.

Penalties aren't easy to score :pique:

What do you mean?? He is a very likeable guy, on the pitch a bit too obsessed to score a goal but as a person he is one of the nicest football players :boss:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I don't think that's something to respect.

I think it reflects very badly on him that he hasn't retired yet when he's clearly finished. And that he's still destroying Portugal's chances of winning things through his own selfish need to steal the limelight.

I would have more respect if he retired and let the younger generation have a go.

But that is just what I think.

Im a fan of him having as super-sub and motivate the players but it's Cristiano

im enjoying to see him playing at Al Nassr though :love:

Maradona37

Penalties aren't easy to score :pique:

What do you mean?? He is a very likeable guy, on the pitch a bit too obsessed to score a goal but as a person he is one of the nicest football players :boss:
They aren't easy of course, but they're still the easiEST way to score given that, even if you had no involvement in winning it, you can score a penalty if you are your team's designated taker. Penalties can also come from nothing ie where there was no threat to the goal. And with VAR intervention especially, penalties have become more prevalent than ever. So, no, it's not easy, but based on the above and about 80 per cent of them being scored, it's the easiest way to score. It's a free shot from 12 yards against the goalkeeper.

It's like when people say tap ins are easy - it takes great positioning sometimes to find the space for the tap in, but they're still far less impressive than a great dribble or a lovely curling shot or a strike from range.

As for him being likeable, give over mate lol - the guy is a total cunt. He exhibits every negative personality trait known to man, and then there's the rape allegations and interviews with Piers Morgan. Not denying he's been a great player over the years but he's clearly a massive twat.

Anyway don't wanna argue about him. I will leave the thread for a while in a moment.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

They aren't easy of course, but they're still the easiEST way to score given that, even if you had no involvement in winning it, you can score a penalty if you are your team's designated taker. Penalties can also come from nothing ie where there was no threat to the goal. And with VAR intervention especially, penalties have become more prevalent than ever. So, no, it's not easy, but based on the above and about 80 per cent of them being scored, it's the easiest way to score. It's a free shot from 12 yards against the goalkeeper.
It's like when people say tap ins are easy - it takes great positioning sometimes to find the space for the tap in, but they're still far less impressive than a great dribble or a lovely curling shot or a strike from range.

(y)
As for him being likeable, give over mate lol - the guy is a total cunt. He exhibits every negative personality trait known to man, and then there's the rape allegations and interviews with Piers Morgan. Not denying he's been a great player over the years but he's clearly a massive twat.

(n)(n) (n) (n) (n)

Anyway don't wanna argue about him. I will leave the thread for a while in a moment.

(y)

ajnotkeith

Plays two consecutive terrible games, both in which he missed huge chances to qualify his team in regular time, then backchats to the crowd because he scored in the shootouts.

It's sad to see a once amazing player play like this, frankly, he should retire before more damage is done to his legacy.

Andresito

Staff member
Funny how it can be, nothing could go wrong up until the point he left RM, and then, even when burying his own penalties, its not enough.

On the other hand, Messi had some bad luck while at Barca, but ever since leaving Barca, simply nothing can go wrong at international level, regardless.
aura

ajnotkeith

Terrible tonight but you can only blame Martinez. What a joke of a manager. They have a promising generation coming up, get rid before he wastes it like he did at Belgium.
True. More on him for thinking that a 39 year old Ronaldo should play two 120 minute games consecutively whilst showing terrible performance.

Seems like the team controls him rather than the other way around. A manager's job is to make the tough decisions, not that benching Ronaldo is even tough at this point, it's very clear he is well past it.

Home of Barca Fans