Cr150

JamDav1982

Do you even hear yourself? Lmfao :lol: "My arguments are all based on fact" What facts exactly? Let's hear it. You have yet to cite even a single one.

I've cited a significant Gerd Muller performance, several statistics showing him to be more than a poacher in important competitions, context on his style of play, etc.

You're the one who pulls imaginative shit out of your ass without doing even a single ounce of research or knowing anything to back it up. Every word you say is of such insignificant value because all you do is make endless tautologies. "Ronaldo is more than a poacher because he is, Muller is just a poacher because he's just a poacher", crap like that. Worth nothing.

Yeah facts.

Do you listen to yourseld and the lies you make up nearly every post:lol:

Just happens that 'significant' Muller performance is firts one that comes up on youtube eh?

Great comparison showing what is seen as a great game from Muller as opposed to a shit friendly from Ronaldo.

Fair comparison.

Maybe you think a penalty box poacher never comes out or links play at all but I dont. Pick any of them and can see them doing that.

Your opinions on players we can watch every week is horrendous so I think your opinion of a player 50 years ago wont be much better:lol:

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Ronaldo crossing has been very good, thats just how it is.
And btw, take a look at Benzemas missed sitters over the years, and maybe you will understand a thing or two.

Idk what to tell you dude. The numbers literally say otherwise and there's little room for interpretation. Idk what Benzema's sitters have to do with Ronaldo's crossing accuracy, the stats straight up say he's not good at getting the ball to his target and on a high volume of attempts. It's black and white. I can name at least 10-15 players today who are better crossers than Ronaldo ever was, even more from his United/early RM era.

Horatio

You're welcome
Idk what to tell you dude. The numbers literally say otherwise and there's little room for interpretation. Idk what Benzema's sitters have to do with Ronaldo's crossing accuracy,

Think he means that Ronaldo produces a good amount of crosses that get wasted.

JamDav1982

Idk what to tell you dude. The numbers literally say otherwise and there's little room for interpretation. Idk what Benzema's sitters have to do with Ronaldo's crossing accuracy, the stats straight up say he's not good at getting the ball to his target and on a high volume of attempts. It's black and white. I can name at least 10-15 players today who are better crossers than Ronaldo ever was, even more from his United/early RM era.

Keep saying 'the numbers' without anything to back it up.

Morten

Whatever you say, dude.
Ronaldo being a terrible crosser is a hilarious opinion, i will give you that.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Think he means that Ronaldo produces a good amount of crosses that get wasted.

Whatever you say, dude.
Ronaldo being a terrible crosser is a hilarious opinion, i will give you that.

It still has nothing to do with the statistic I'm referring to (accurate crosses vs inaccurate crosses per game). Ronaldo's early seasons at RM were some of his most prolific in terms of chance creation and in those seasons he only had 1 season where he didn't have >5 inaccurate crosses for every successful one he made which is pretty undeniably shit. Having watched then and when he was at United, not much was different and one can safely extrapolate that he was a similarly inefficient crosser.

Another reference is that Alves in his absolute worst seasons (12/13 and 13/14) when everyone on this forum was perpetually mad at him thumping in an insane amount of shitty/blind crosses still had a better accuracy rate than Ronaldo. There's a number of different ways to show how inefficient Ronaldo was. Even Di Maria for Argentina in recent years has had a better accuracy ratio in the Copa America and WC, tournaments where he was noted for being a wildly inefficient crosser.

When you're dealing with *actual* facts, there's little room for doubt on how inefficient Ronaldo was.

JamDav1982

It still has nothing to do with the statistic I'm referring to (accurate crosses vs inaccurate crosses per game). Ronaldo's early seasons at RM were some of his most prolific in terms of chance creation and in those seasons he only had 1 season where he didn't have >5 inaccurate crosses for every successful one he made which is pretty undeniably shit. Having watched then and when he was at United, not much was different and one can safely extrapolate that he was a similarly inefficient crosser.

Another reference is that Alves in his absolute worst seasons (12/13 and 13/14) when everyone on this forum was perpetually mad at him thumping in an insane amount of shitty/blind crosses still had a better accuracy rate than Ronaldo. There's a number of different ways to show how inefficient Ronaldo was. Even Di Maria for Argentina in recent years has had a better accuracy ratio in the Copa America and WC, tournaments where he was noted for being a wildly inefficient crosser.

When you're dealing with *actual* facts, there's little room for doubt on how inefficient Ronaldo was.

You have not quoted any statistics or shown them just vaguely commented on them.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
You have not quoted any statistics or shown them just vaguely commented on them.

And you have presented absolute jack shit for evidence in every single post you've ever made on this forum. I have nothing to answer to you who pulls wild nonsense out of his ass and has never once made an attempt to back it up.

I've done so many times and if they ask me to I will show them gladly.

JamDav1982

And you have presented absolute jack shit for evidence in every single post you've ever made on this forum. I have nothing to answer to you who pulls wild nonsense out of his ass and has never once made an attempt to back it up.

I've done so many times and if they ask me to I will show them gladly.

Haha no I have said Ronaldo gets, goals assists and bigger variety of type of goals.

I can easily post his goals/assists and a compilation video of his goals but thought even you would accept that is the case. Even you surely.

You just say shit then claim shown 'facts' and refer to facts you never even stated.

Neymessi

Nope Ronaldo is not just a poacher.

Keep googling Muller and try and reinvent the player he was by first video that comes up on youtube though.

Yes ronaldo is just a poacher. You keep claiming otherwise but present no reason why so. Most people who praise ronaldo cannot admit that he is just a close range scorer and thats what he has always been for many years now.

He is as one dimensional as one gets. They use he has extremely amazing positioning for tapin etc but all thats just a euphenism to hide his one dimensionalness. A madrid fan even argued that cr7 doesn't pass dribble and create not because he can't but because he doesn't need to which is just a very good example of convinving yourself that cr7 is a very good player and can dribble and create but he doesn't want to. Messi creates in one match what cr7 does in a season, same with dribbles, same with everything else that is not finishing.

Givenchy

Yes ronaldo is just a poacher. You keep claiming otherwise but present no reason why so. Most people who praise ronaldo cannot admit that he is just a close range scorer and thats what he has always been for many years now.

He is as one dimensional as one gets. They use he has extremely amazing positioning for tapin etc but all thats just a euphenism to hide his one dimensionalness. A madrid fan even argued that cr7 doesn't pass dribble and create not because he can't but because he doesn't need to which is just a very good example of convinving yourself that cr7 is a very good player and can dribble and create but he doesn't want to. Messi creates in one match what cr7 does in a season, same with dribbles, same with everything else that is not finishing.

He actually does try to dribble every now and again but it usually ends up with him hilariously doing some kind of pointless heelchop backheel to a teammate. hes kinda abandoned that facet of his game to become a fox in the box now, which is proving a great decision.

would be interesting in an alternate reality if he stayed at United under Ferguson, I'd think he'd of ended up more of a winger but then again the guy is 33 now

Morten

He actually does try to dribble every now and again but it usually ends up with him hilariously doing some kind of pointless heelchop backheel to a teammate. hes kinda abandoned that facet of his game to become a fox in the box now, which is proving a great decision.

would be interesting in an alternate reality if he stayed at United under Ferguson, I'd think he'd of ended up more of a winger but then again the guy is 33 now

Ronaldo was already turning into the goal machine we see today, in his last couple of years at United.
He was a better winger and playmaker back then, obviously, but Ronaldo being the one to finish the attacks was the way to go.
But even at Madrid, i remember a time when he scored loads of impressive solo goals(first season), then he got injuried, due to that, few remember that season.

Last edited:

Samart Yeager

The aspects where most would agree Ronaldo ranks with the very best in the game is his longevity, work ethic and ambition, the latter almost bordering on obsession. His total goals tally is impressive as well, though his conversion rate is merely average. In terms of dominating in big games, again it's all relative: he scored above par in CLs but not so in WCs (3 goals in 14 games). Just for fun, we can look at it next to EL Fenomeno's 15 goals in 19 games.

His goal conversion rate was horrible around the end of 2017 (1 goal out of 55 attempts in November) but though a difficult time for him and his fans, that was a glitch. Taking a closer look at the numbers and comparing him to other strikers shows he's not too shabby but they also suggest he could just as well be replaced by other current strikers:

5. Edinson Cavani – 26.1%
4. Ciro Immobile – 26.7%
3. Nils Petersen – 27.1%
2. Radamel Falcao 27.9%
1. Mauro Icardi – 29.7%

https://tinyurl.com/yct2kwoc

Ronaldo and Messi are both around 15% but as we all know, Messi contributes in so many other ways. This leads to a key question in the CR7/150 vs Messi debate, is there a single player in the world and even history, who could replace or replicate our number 10's magic? Can't think of anyone.

Now a contention in the same line could be argued for Ronaldo's achievement's overtime but if you remove the longevity aspect and simply decided to replace Ronaldo's role as a striker with any in-form striker at any moment, be it Salah, Auba, Cavani, or the Raul, Van Nistelrooy, etc of the past, it could be done with Madrid arguably not coming out the worst for it.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
To deny that CR7 ever had that look for a killer pass is just fooling yourself - He did have that when he was still a winger. Yes, most of them were delivered as a good cross rather than a defense splitting pass or something but he did have an eye for that.

But, ever since he took the comparison with the GOAT personally he concentrated more on becoming a goal scoring machine than be a complete player. It's like that guy (in that article differentiating Msssi and CR7's goal scoring ability by stats) said he probably stopped working on it by arrogance or something but he has lost it. So much so that he more or less is now a dumb fuck in picking slightest of a difficult pass!

Home of Barca Fans