Cr150

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
No I didnt imply it I stated it.

Where did I say he is a 'playmaker'?

Muller was a penalty box striker who came alive from six yards Ronaldo is much more than that and scores a bigger variety of goals and more all round impact.

Clueless to call him just a poacher as I said.

Muller was more two footed and scored a lot with his head. I'd say he was actually more consistent at beating a player before scoring than Ronaldo has been over his whole career. Ronaldo did have a period where he scored more longshots/FK's but, again, the most important portion of his career he is almost exclusively scoring one touch goals inside the area or penalties. Ronaldo is not much more than that, he is not even close to an average dribbler or creator. His all round impact is no more than Muller's who actually was capable of holding up play and anchoring a defensive line as a 9.

If Ronaldo is "much more than a poacher" then the likes of Lewa/Ibra should be seen as utterly godlike on the ball for strikers. Muller/Van Basten would be seen as more than scorers/poachers as well. Ronaldo even in his most dynamic years was a barely above average dribbler with pretty terrible efficiency and a very below average crosser at best. If you want to take those two facts and paint him as 'much much more' than a predatory scorer then feel free to do so at the expense of being right.

You dont seem to know the definition.

Haha you think it is about types of finishes?

Dont need highlights of Ronaldo I can show you stats and goals of what he does and variety of ways he can kill a team.

Fairly obvious you dotn have much to say about Muller though and nothing to back it up.
He's still a poacher. He can shoot, head, chip, reverse kick, curl, drill the ball into goal. He's still a Poacher.

Can't you comprehend a three line sentence?

JamDav1982

Muller was more two footed and scored a lot with his head. I'd say he was actually more consistent at beating a player before scoring than Ronaldo has been over his whole career. Ronaldo did have a period where he scored more longshots/FK's but, again, the most important portion of his career he is almost exclusively scoring one touch goals inside the area or penalties. Ronaldo is not much more than that, he is not even close to an average dribbler or creator. His all round impact is no more than Muller's who actually was capable of holding up play and anchoring a defensive line as a 9.

If Ronaldo is "much more than a poacher" then the likes of Lewa/Ibra should be seen as utterly godlike on the ball for strikers. Muller/Van Basten would be seen as more than scorers/poachers as well. Ronaldo even in his most dynamic years was a barely above average dribbler with pretty terrible efficiency and a very below average crosser at best. If you want to take those two facts and paint him as 'much much more' than a predatory scorer then feel free to do so at the expense of being right.

So more generic statements on Muller with nothing really to back it up....

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
So more generic statements on Muller with nothing really to back it up....

Lol at you trying to project your own ignorance of Muller onto me and using that as an argument. Pathetic really.

Recorded data shows that Muller had 105 assists in 565 matches for Bayern. It also shows he led the Bundesliga in assists in 71/72 with 17 and had 13 the year before that. Also has 4 assists in 13 World Cup matches which is a very respectable rate.

As for specific moments, there are some I've seen. For example he had a great assist for the equalizer and scored the winner vs Morocco in the 1970 WC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRlnuNHg9Yo

His performance vs Real Madrid in a European Cup semifinal. Does WAY more defensively, in buildup, etc. than Ronaldo has in more than half a decade. Better at 1 touch passes and involvement. More efficient with the ball and doesn't do stupid/flashy stepovers and waste possessions.

Morten

Ronaldo at his was best wasnt a barely above dribbler and terrible crosser, wtf?
His crossing is and has been very good.

JamDav1982

Lol at you trying to project your own ignorance of Muller onto me and using that as an argument. Pathetic really.

Recorded data shows that Muller had 105 assists in 565 matches for Bayern. It also shows he led the Bundesliga in assists in 71/72 with 17 and had 13 the year before that. Also has 4 assists in 13 World Cup matches which is a very respectable rate.

As for specific moments, there are some I've seen. For example he had a great assist for the equalizer and scored the winner vs Morocco in the 1970 WC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRlnuNHg9Yo

His performance vs Real Madrid in a European Cup semifinal. Does WAY more defensively, in buildup, etc. than Ronaldo has in more than half a decade. Better at 1 touch passes and involvement. More efficient with the ball and doesn't do stupid/flashy stepovers and waste possessions.

Nah your own ignorance that you seem chuffed to bits found an assist for.

Muller and Ronaldo are nothing alike as players and Ronaldo is not the same penalty box poacher Muller was.

I can find assists and videos of any box poacher type dropping deep for simple link up play ffs.

Dont need to watch it as I know exactly type of player he is.

So, you already watched this match. You already watched how he made 200 step overs only to pass the ball into throw in. How he dived inside the penalty box without anyone touching him and then screaming like he has been denied a clear goal in Wc Final. And you still have the audacity to say he is much more than a goal scorer. How many times he could excute a string of 3 passes with loosing the ball? Not even a single time. Even Suarez doesn't have that horrible build up play man..
:hooray:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans