Cristian Tello

Ghost

With how the club handles loans most of the time, I'm not sure this will be good for him. Unless he does really really well, it will be just like Bojan's saga. A loan after a loan. He will never actually come back.

Hope I'm wrong. Love this guy..

Cule4life

The Culest
He should be sold not loaned else it will be Bojan 2.0 again. But he should not be sold in January without a replacement.

KhaledBarca

Selling him for 10+ M is a better idea, although it would be interesting to see what he can do in the EPL before selling him. He'll have the spaces he wants to excel and if he did well his price might go up!

NeyMesSis

Barcaforum :lol:

you all said the same about sanchez, cesc, pedro, pique, valdes, alba, alves, adrian, etc even Neymar you didn't want to buy.

when they would handle like this forum the barca squad would be like: Marchetti, Smalling, Vidic, Balanta, Zabaleta, Busquets, Mata, Özil, Bernard, Messi, lamela

:lol:

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
That scenario will remain theory for ever. Let's say we need a goal. Do you really think Neymar is going to come off for Tello? Let's say we don't need a goal. Will Tello be satisfied with garbage minutes here and there?

Just cash in and be done with it.

That was just an argument for letting him stay until the season ends since some were saying he should be loaned in January.

Meitux

It would be better to loan him then to sell him for just 10m.
If he's not having a future in the team why loaning him? It would be also bad for himself and for the team. You have to sell him when teams are interested. He wants to play, what you would you want him to come back in the team and again be on the bench. A pretty similar situation is happening with Dos Santos,s we didn't sell him we teams were interested and now we can't get rid of him. If he stays here he will be forever a rotation guy only for some very few games..

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If he's not having a future in the team why loaning him? It would be also bad for himself and for the team. You have to sell him when teams are interested. He wants to play, what you would you want him to come back in the team and again be on the bench. A pretty similar situation is happening with Dos Santos,s we didn't sell him we teams were interested and now we can't get rid of him. If he stays here he will be forever a rotation guy only for some very few games..

Well said.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
it could be that tello become better and better with playing time.. evt better than pedro or even alexis! and yes deulo is a very big prospect but you don't know will he make it to worldclass...

High praise for a player who's really only useful in 1 out of 5 possible scenarios. Tello is a player with a specific purpose but not well rounded like Alexis and Pedro who offer enough to be starters. His only edge is exploiting pace vs high lines which isn't a particularly common occurrence the way we play, other than that I don't see what the point is in keeping him when we have other better players to develop. Cashing in is the best way to go.

As for Deulofeu, it's convenient how you sugarcoated the comparison by saying Tello could develop to be better than Pedro/Alexis whereas it's unsure whether Deulofeu will succeed. With respect to probability, that will likely not happen; a more realistic scenario is that Deulofeu becomes world class for Barca and the Spanish NT whereas Tello goes around having a nomad career in various midtable clubs.

NeyMesSis

High praise for a player who's really only useful in 1 out of 5 possible scenarios. Tello is a player with a specific purpose but not well rounded like Alexis and Pedro who offer enough to be starters. His only edge is exploiting pace vs high lines which isn't a particularly common occurrence the way we play, other than that I don't see what the point is in keeping him when we have other better players to develop. Cashing in is the best way to go.

As for Deulofeu, it's convenient how you sugarcoated the comparison by saying Tello could develop to be better than Pedro/Alexis whereas it's unsure whether Deulofeu will succeed. With respect to probability, that will likely not happen; a more realistic scenario is that Deulofeu becomes world class for Barca and the Spanish NT whereas Tello goes around having a nomad career in various midtable clubs.

let's see! i have a good feeling on both of them...

khaled_a_d

Letting him go with the uncertainty of both Cuenca's and Afellay's would be dumb. Unless Tata has other options to get a striker next month.

Cuenca close to join Elche

@barcastuff 22m
Barcelona winger Cristian Tello (22) is close to joining English club Liverpool on loan until the end of the season.

I'd certainly take him.

How this affect the Mohahmed Salah deal? (it is a bit off topic but a Egyptian I am interested to know)

Home of Barca Fans