Cristian Tello

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
We should bring him back. He was great under Tito. And with the way the team plays under Lucho, he'd be a great asset for us and a great sub for Neymar.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I don't think it is in your hands though, right? I'm fairly sure that the guy has a fixed fee of around 7M following the end of his loan spell.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I don't think it is in your hands though, right? I'm fairly sure that the guy has a fixed fee of around 7M following the end of his loan spell.

We can cancel the buyout by paying Porto 5M, when they activate the buy option.

Also, if Tello doesn't want to stay with Porto, then they can't do anything about it.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

We can cancel the buyout by paying Porto 5M, when they activate the buy option.

Well, that's the dumbest shit I've heard in terms of loan contracts. :D Why not just deny them a buy option in the first place and simply negotiate the regular way afterwards in case their are interested?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Well, that's the dumbest shit I've heard in terms of loan contracts. :D Why not just deny them a buy option in the first place and simply negotiate the regular way afterwards in case their are interested?

Porto wouldn't take a player on loan sans buy option. That is why.

It is also why Denis Suarez has a buy option on his contract at Sevilla.

However, the key is, if the player refuses to move to the club that activates the buyout option, then he can return to Barca without any cost.

Zangash

Banned
Porto wouldn't take a player on loan sans buy option. That is why.

It is also why Denis Suarez has a buy option on his contract at Sevilla.

However, the key is, if the player refuses to move to the club that activates the buyout option, then he can return to Barca without any cost.

Problem is Tello is having far more fun with Porto than he ever had on our bench and Porto has already told him they want to keep him.

Frodo_FCB

Problem is Tello is having far more fun with Porto than he ever had on our bench and Porto has already told him they want to keep him.

No player in the world would choose Porto over Barca..Even if he is coming from the bench he could be e very useful player, his pace and his lightning speed would help us with the counterattacking tactics.
Moreover right now we have only Pedro to rotate MSN, so we definitely need one more player. Tello would easily find lot of minutes under a coach like Lucho who likes heavy rotations.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

No player in the world would choose Porto over Barca..Even if he is coming from the bench he could be e very useful player, his pace and his lightning speed would help us with the counterattacking tactics.
Moreover right now we have only Pedro to rotate MSN, so we definitely need one more player. Tello would easily find lot of minutes under a coach like Lucho who likes heavy rotations.

Yeah, rotting on the bench and relying on Neymar or Messi to get injured to get meaningful pitch time vs. being a guaranteed starter at a club in a fairly beautiful city directly at the ocean, both of which clubs he can regularly play in the CL knockout stages - oh wait, only one club can actually guarantee him that, as he would only sit on the bench in the CL knockout stages with the other. I can totally see why he would choose Barca over Porto.

Frodo_FCB

Yeah, rotting on the bench and relying on Neymar or Messi to get injured to get meaningful pitch time vs. being a guaranteed starter at a club in a fairly beautiful city directly at the ocean, both of which clubs he can regularly play in the CL knockout stages - oh wait, only one club can actually guarantee him that, as he would only sit on the bench in the CL knockout stages with the other. I can totally see why he would choose Barca over Porto.

In Barcelona he will have the chance to compete every year for the Ch.L. This alone is a very strong reason for him to choose Barca and i will say it again that under Lucho he could find much playing time.
Even more he is not a starter at Porto.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Well, he started more than 50% of the matches for them and got reasonable pitch time in the others. Sounds okay to me.

Home of Barca Fans