Cristian Tello

abual3bed1

It's 10m this season, then it 12/14 next season and keeps getting higher until it's 30m by 2016 or so I understood from the news in MD.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Wont his price vary depending on the time he gets during the season? At least I thought so.

Goes to 20 million at it's highest but initially, at least, it's 10 that's is being mentioned in the media...Like Bojan has pointed out, it's very strange because that's chump change for a Premiership club

Even Cuenca's renewal last season was set at 20 million, something fishy about this, IMO

Galning

This is obviously what Tello wanted, not the club. He wants to make sure if he doesn't play he can get the f* out.

Cule4life

The Culest
Dos Santos should have a mindset like Tello. He seriously needs to go out on loan, get playing time and hopefully improve. He needs to step outside his comfortable zone.
Regarding Tello it's hard to blame him. He's ambitious and wants to play. We are so packed with stars that it'll hard fro him to be satisfied if he wants to play a lot.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
This is obviously what Tello wanted, not the club. He wants to make sure if he doesn't play he can get the f* out.

I see...Well, I suppose if Neymar does come and he falls further behind in the rotation or Deulofeu pops up it'd be understandable then...I hope he impresses and continues on

Paganinisrvnge

Can't really blame him for wanting to leave if he isn't used. He is behind Pedro/Villa/Alexis in the pecking order and Cuenca isn't back yet. Not to mention that Iniesta has been used as a winger lately. Someone is going to be sold sooner or later. Maybe even 2 people. It's inconceivable that we would have so many forwards in 2 years. One or 2 of them would get pissed due to no playing time.

Messi/Villa/Pedro/Alexis/Cuenca/Tello/Deulofeu/maybe someone else(Neymar/Gotze/Reus)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Noone said what they are reading in this 10 mil. clause as far as Tito is concerned. Is he counting on Tello and not worried about the low clause as he intends to play him or did he agree to it because he doesn't want another jds case.

This is setting a precedent. Any youngster coming up can now use Tello as a reference.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Exactly my thinking as well, Bojan...It's a strange contract but is Tello's case different because he was once already deemed surplus and wanted assurances he would play or an avenue to depart were he to be bench fodder?

Everything he has said indicates he wants to be here and perhaps he wants to be valued in terms of being played...but so far, his playing time has been very erratic...Although that could be down to negotiations too?...His case is strange, IMO

GiantKiller

Noone said what they are reading in this 10 mil. clause as far as Tito is concerned. Is he counting on Tello and not worried about the low clause as he intends to play him or did he agree to it because he doesn't want another jds case.

This is setting a precedent. Any youngster coming up can now use Tello as a reference.

I was thinking about this as well. If Tito values what Tello brings to the team in terms of his game and counts on him, then wouldn't his buyout clause be irrelevant as the player wouldn't want to leave in the first place? So, as far as Titos' perspective is concerned, I would probably go for the latter.

Having said that, I agree with the last part of your post. This case being a reference would mean that youngsters coming up would desire consistent minutes instead of working their way to the first XI amidst all the competition ( This might also be the case with Tello with Villa,Pedro,Alexis, and Cuenca (soon) competing for game time. Add to that, Deulofeu coming up and the Neymar transfer being seemingly inevitable. ) and this is often a major part of my worries whenever something big, like a transfer, happens.

Exactly my thinking as well, Bojan...It's a strange contract but is Tello's case different because he was once already deemed surplus and wanted assurances he would play or an avenue to depart were he to be bench fodder?

Everything he has said indicates he wants to be here and perhaps he wants to be valued in terms of being played...but so far, his playing time has been very erratic...Although that could be down to negotiations too?...His case is strange, IMO

Is his playing time erratic because he's still not a first team player yet ( He's got four first team players who could play in the wide areas too. ), or does that not matter at this stage? It could be down to negotiations though, as I doubt the player wouldn't be distracted by what's happening off the pitch.

*Sigh* Strange case indeed.:p

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Signed.

1355759819194.jpg

P

PhilS

It's great to finally see Tello's face on the club website Plantilla page. Well deserved. The club needs more willing shooters like Tello, Adriano and Pique.

It's hard to predict whether he will be with the team long-term, it's possible it could work out better for both the team and for him to leave in a year or two. The team now has all the forwards it needs, plus one spare and another coming soon. I see adding Neymar as more of a marketing move than needed team improvement. More speed at CB, plus a couple too many players, are the only squad problems I see with this team now.

Home of Barca Fans