Cristian Tello

Garrus

If we're okay with pedro now, Then it shouldn't be any different for alexis, They both help the team in ways other than scoring goals.

Paganinisrvnge

Why are people giving Alexis excuses? Tito has had faith in him and will continue to do so but if Alexis doesn't start scoring at least once every 4 or 5 matches then the spot is wasted. If we just played with Pedro and Alexis who do all sorts of good things but score(I have faith that Pedro will regain his scoring touch, though) then we would be incredibly Messi dependent. There is Villa but he is getting older and Tito won't want to play him every match. If I were in charge, I would sell Alexis in the summer unless he improves(which to his credit, he was doing well before the injury). Then, I would go get a quality CB to eventually replace Puyol while Pedro/Cuenca/Tello/Deulofeu/Villa rotate the non-Messi spots up front.

Nestor

anything about the contract ? I tried to read in spannish newspapers and if i understood it correctly his near to put the pen to the paper and stay to 2016 ? I could be completely wrong though

Trickykid

anything about the contract ? I tried to read in spannish newspapers and if i understood it correctly his near to put the pen to the paper and stay to 2016 ? I could be completely wrong though

From what I've gathered, you're spot on. Contract for 2016 with improved wages of course. Marca claimed they were stalling over the buy-out clause, but apparently settled for a measly €10 million. Contract should be signed around the end of the year.

AvocadoCake

10m really isn't much... like really... I mean just take a look at the PL and how much money is spent on worse/older players, a huge salary could tempt him.. I don't see this as good news at all.

Alex>tello>cuenca

Alexis>Cuenca>Tello
I doubt i could emphasise the Cuenca>Tello part much more - this isn't a criticism of Tello (who has improved immensely since last season) but i think Cuenca has what it takes to be huge in the future provided his injury isn't one of those career debilitating ones...

Trickykid

10m really isn't much... like really... I mean just take a look at the PL and how much money is spent on worse/older players, a huge salary could tempt him.. I don't see this as good news at all.

I have a feeling it's exactly how high the club values Tello right now. If he turns out better than expected, he will have plenty opportunities to play a lot on either wing, and if that's the case, he won't leave even if the PL comes asking for him with with the buy-out money in pocket. If he doesn't, well perhaps someone will still be tempted to pay the clause, in which case 10 million euros isn't bad at all, considering the price we usually sell for.

F

Flavia

barcastuff
Buyout clause in Tello's new contract will be 10M, but clause, as well as salary, will increase (14M, 18M...) depending on games played [md]

So the clause will increase if he gets a lot of playing time. That's a little better.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
barcastuff
Buyout clause in Tello's new contract will be 10M, but clause, as well as salary, will increase (14M, 18M...) depending on games played [md]

So the clause will increase if he gets a lot of playing time. That's a little better.

So is this official?

abual3bed1

So the new contract will make him a 1st team player with 10m release clause??

isn't it a bit too little for a youngster being chased by half the EPL teams??

Last edited:

Paganinisrvnge

I guess if he plays well and often, it goes up. If he doesn't play that well and isn't that important, 10 million is pretty decent for him when we still have Cuenca and Deulofeu will be coming through in the next 2 years.

AvocadoCake

Tell you what, I can see this contract starting more rumours than it stops. If Gaston Ramirez was worth 18m pounds, Tello is worth 10m euros (8m pounds) easy

Home of Barca Fans