Cristian Tello

Cule4life

The Culest
Can one really fault Tello for him insisting on such a low buyout clause. He will leave if he doesn't get more minutes.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
We've had some pretty difficult fixtures recently and Iniesta and Villa are tearing it up so I can understand why he isn't playing. Although why he isn't higher in the pecking order than Alexis, I will never know.

Paganinisrvnge

I agree with Iniesta123.

There are plenty of serious fixtures with the league still not wrapped up, Madrid in the copa, and Champions league like 3 weeks away. I still want to see him get some minutes whenever possible, though.

aaron101

Tello out of the squad for the match tomorrow...Continues to be a very odd situation with him

That is 3rd consecutive match that he is left out of the squad. What happen to our coaching staffs? Favoritsm on Alexis i guess. Tello might leave in the summer if someone pays the 10 million buy out clause.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Trying to understand it...Is he injured?...Is it disciplinary or really down to lack of form?...Perhaps it's part of some way to keep his buyout from being exercised?...Are there performance/appearance incentives tied to his contract?...Very strange that after he signs an extension he's effectively become persona non grata

impeh

Hi, its me..
bit strange that hes not even on the bench recently, him coming on and flying past any tired defense would be useful. Maybe the club are annoyed that he (or his agent) insisted on such a low buyout?

khaled_a_d

That is 3rd consecutive match that he is left out of the squad. What happen to our coaching staffs? Favoritsm on Alexis i guess. Tello might leave in the summer if someone pays the 10 million buy out clause.

That would be a fair deal for us

bit strange that hes not even on the bench recently, him coming on and flying past any tired defense would be useful. Maybe the club are annoyed that he (or his agent) insisted on such a low buyout?
Buyout isn't just decided by the club or agent,the amount of years and salary play a big role in it ,and it will be extremely fool if that what the club thinks,because we will be telling him to find a team to pay that buyout and leave

Ursegor

World Champion
And what's so surprising about it? Considering that the Clasico lineup is our first choice lineup this season and you are allowed 7 subs, this is how it goes:

1 sub goalkeeper for Valdes => Pinto
1 sub fullback who can play both LB and RB for Alves and Alba => Adriano
1 sub centreback for Pique and Puyol => Mascherano
1 sub DM for Busquets => Song
1 sub central midfield for Xavi and Iniesta and eventually even Messi as a false 9 => Thiago

These positions have to be covered no matter what. Which leaves us with the option of 2 forwards. Out of Villa, Sanchez, Tello it's obvious who to leave out. Of course not the € 40 million senior signings but the 21 year old youngstar. This situation will become even funnier once Deulofeu is ready for first team action, Cuenca gets match fit till next season and Neymar arrives. But hey, we had that discussion already, didn't we?

And what's so surprising about it? Considering that the Clasico lineup is our first choice lineup this season and you are allowed 7 subs, this is how it goes:

1 sub goalkeeper for Valdes => Pinto
1 sub fullback who can play both LB and RB for Alves and Alba => Adriano
1 sub centreback for Pique and Puyol => Mascherano
1 sub DM for Busquets => Song
1 sub central midfield for Xavi and Iniesta and eventually even Messi as a false 9 => Thiago

These positions have to be covered no matter what. Which leaves us with the option of 2 forwards. Out of Villa, Sanchez, Tello it's obvious who to leave out. Of course not the € 40 million senior signings but the 21 year old youngstar. This situation will become even funnier once Deulofeu is ready for first team action, Cuenca gets match fit till next season and Neymar arrives. But hey, we had that discussion already, didn't we?

Indeed. Not to mention Sanchez actually seems to play well in the clasicos.
Anyways, when Neymar arrives, I can actually see him becoming the starter pretty quick. We're definitely gonna be overloaded on the wings with Afellay, Sanchez, Cuenca, Villa, Tello, Deulofeu, Pedro, Neymar and Iniesta. Afellay's definitely getting sold, and unfortunately, Villa could get sold as well, especially once we get Neymar.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans