Cristian Tello

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Looks like the scale has tipped in his favor... Last season Cuenca looked better than him, but after the injury things don't look so good for him, while Tello has been improving at a great rate...

I think the coaching staff should really consider him as a real option for the future, I think next season will see him turn from prospect to household name...

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Looks like the same one-trick pony to me :p

But his trick has been damn effective... I don't really mind if he keeps using his pace as main weapon as long as it's useful, and you can't deny that his decision making has improved a lot compared to last season... Also the understanding of his role seems to have grown too...

Y

Youngie

But his trick has been damn effective... I don't really mind if he keeps using his pace as main weapon as long as it's useful, and you can't deny that his decision making has improved a lot compared to last season... Also the understanding of his role seems to have grown too...

He still makes crap decisions as far as I can see (even in the Celta match - then he looked around "sheepishly" at Messi & co.). Bit early to be calling him the new Henry :lol:

Y

Youngie

Youngie sounds like a one trick pony

No I'm not Cristian Tello :lol:

And please don't compare him to Henry who destroyed EPL defenders for years. Tello can't polish his boots IMO.

Could someone change the thread title back to just Cristian Tello please? Blasphemy.

Last edited:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He still makes crap decisions as far as I can see (even in the Celta match - then he looked around "sheepishly" at Messi & co.). Bit early to be calling him the new Henry :lol:

I didn't even call him the new Henry... Also, I didn't say his decision making was perfect, I said it has improved compared from last season, which is to show that he has been progressing as a player...

And people calling him Henry is due to the similar finish of that goal, not because he is at Henry's level, calm down...

mixer

Last season Cuenca looked better than him
Tello
2012/13* Games Started: 11 ## Used as substitute: 15 ## Goals: 6 ## Assists: 5
2011/12* Games Started: 12 ## Used as substitute: 22 ## Goals: 12 ## Assists: 0

** Barcelona / Spain

Cuenca
2011/12* Games Started: 23 ## Used as substitute: 16 ## Goals: 5 ## Assists: 6

Cuenca started from the 1st minute almost twice more than Tello, but Cristian has more than twice Cuenca's goals. Assists on the other hand...
Anyway, really hard to say who looked better.

Y

Youngie

I didn't even call him the new Henry... Also, I didn't say his decision making was perfect, I said it has improved compared from last season, which is to show that he has been progressing as a player...

And people calling him Henry is due to the similar finish of that goal, not because he is at Henry's level, calm down...

I didn't say you did. And I'm perfectly calm ;)

mixer

End of the discussion.

Found a nice gif :lol:
tumblr_lzr0w1WmEK1qe8s6wo3_r1_500.gif

Last edited:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Tello
2012/13* Games Started: 11 ## Used as substitute: 15 ## Goals: 6 ## Assists: 5
2011/12* Games Started: 12 ## Used as substitute: 22 ## Goals: 12 ## Assists: 0

** Barcelona / Spain

Cuenca
2011/12* Games Started: 23 ## Used as substitute: 16 ## Goals: 5 ## Assists: 6

Cuenca started from the 1st minute almost twice more than Tello, but Cristian has more than twice Cuenca's goals. Assists on the other hand...
Anyway, really hard to say who looked better.

That's interesting indeed... Cuenca seemed more participative to me, as in more involved with build up, while Tello seems to have that finisher instinct... Maybe Cuenca's flair could have swayed my opinion, hahahaha...

Anyway, Tello has shown a good eye for goal, this season he has scored more than Alexis and Pedro while playing less minutes... The guy gets in good positions to score and isn't afraid to take his chances, which is very valuable for us right now...

Kerrybai

No I'm not Cristian Tello :lol:

And please don't compare him to Henry who destroyed EPL defenders for years. Tello can't polish his boots IMO.

Could someone change the thread title back to just Cristian Tello please? Blasphemy.
Youngie to be fair he was one of the best on the pitch vs Celta. Also he may appear to look like a one trick pony but right now he is far better than alexis and Pedro. He can beat his defender 1v1. He can finish with ease and he has bags of confidence.

Last edited:

mixer

I remember when he played a clasico year ago (and he was "sheet"), but maybe he wasn't ready then... Now he's older, more experienced and surely more confident.

Also hope for Deulofeu to get some minutes.

Home of Barca Fans