Cristian Tello

Kerrybai

His second goal was just superb, if this guy was English he would be all over sky sports news. If he was Argentinian or Chilean this thread would be full of fanboys. There would be 10's of pages full of pictures captioned Christian 'sex' Tello or some other obscure nickname. It's great to see La Masia churning out more world class talent.

JamDav1982

His second goal was just superb, if this guy was English he would be all over sky sports news. If he was Argentinian or Chilean this thread would be full of fanboys. There would be 10's of pages full of pictures captioned Christian 'sex' Tello or some other obscure nickname. It's great to see La Masia churning out more world class talent.

Jeepers try not to go too over the top eh?

It was Zaragoza he just played against - he is not a world class talent. Not even close. He may be one day, which personally I doubt.

Kerrybai

Jeepers try not to go too over the top eh?

It was Zaragoza he just played against - he is not a world class talent. Not even close. He may be one day, which personally I doubt.

It's not just Zaragoza, he's done it time and time again. World class might be over the top but his talent is undeniable. He's a traditional winger with bags of pace. I'd take him over a player like Theo Walcott any day.

JamDav1982

It's not just Zaragoza, he's done it time and time again. World class might be over the top but his talent is undeniable. He's a traditional winger with bags of pace. I'd take him over a player like Theo Walcott any day.

Theo Walcott has done it more than him this season to be fair. Although neither are in the top bracket of wide players.

He is a good replacement and squad player but in the biggest games you need more than him.

Off the top of my head genuinely cant think of a big game that he has turned or been exceptional in.

Stric

You can't really blame Tello for not playing in any big or important games, though. He's shown time after time that he has quality, but he just never makes the squad. It's a shame. Besides, Tello doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who really fears quality opponents. He seems to be fairly confident.

JamDav1982

You can't really blame Tello for not playing in any big or important games, though. He's shown time after time that he has quality, but he just never makes the squad. It's a shame. Besides, Tello doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who really fears quality opponents. He seems to be fairly confident.

Tello has come off the bench or started quite a few big games and not made an impact.

Who else is to blame if the management dont think he is good enough to start or take part in the big games more regulary?

Stric

Tello has come off the bench or started quite a few big games and not made an impact.

Who else is to blame if the management dont think he is good enough to start or take part in the big games more regulary?

I could be mistaken, though. But I don't remember these... at least not this season. I remember he played in a Clasico last April and both him and Cuenca weren't particularly good. Which big games did he play this season? All I can remember is a lot of guys complaining how Tello should play in some big games because he's proven to be a quality player and a goal threat.

JamDav1982

I could be mistaken, though. But I don't remember these... at least not this season. I remember he played in a Clasico last April and both him and Cuenca weren't particularly good. Which big games did he play this season? All I can remember is a lot of guys complaining how Tello should play in some big games because he's proven to be a quality player and a goal threat.

He has come off the bench against Madrid four times this season and not done anything. Granted these have not been for long ranging from 5 minutes to 20 minutes but he has not made an impact. As you said last season he started against Madrid last season and did nothing.

It is not unfair that the he is not getting more if a chance in the bigger games as he is not doing it against those teams. The majority of his goals come in fairly straightforward games against the bottom teams.

If the game is open he can make an impact but when trying to break down the better defences he has not shown yet he can do that.

Indignado

He has come off the bench against Madrid four times this season and not done anything. Granted these have not been for long ranging from 5 minutes to 20 minutes but he has not made an impact. As you said last season he started against Madrid last season and did nothing.

It is not unfair that the he is not getting more if a chance in the bigger games as he is not doing it against those teams. The majority of his goals come in fairly straightforward games against the bottom teams.

If the game is open he can make an impact but when trying to break down the better defences he has not shown yet he can do that.

Name me one single Barça player who made much of an impact after coming off the bench after the 70th minute except Messi.

Kerrybai

Theo Walcott has done it more than him this season to be fair. Although neither are in the top bracket of wide players.

He is a good replacement and squad player but in the biggest games you need more than him.

Off the top of my head genuinely cant think of a big game that he has turned or been exceptional in.

Compare Tello with his La Masia counterpart on the other wing. He has an equal amount of goals and one less assist than Pedro, granted we all accept Pedro is having a poor season but Tello is outshining both Pedro abd Sanchez this season despite the fact that Tell has played 1400 minutes to Pedro's 3000. Anywas I'm clearly a fan boy but I believe he deserves far more playing time, especially in the big games. He's been given very little opportunity in the bigger games.

Last edited:

Mesu

Hey! you need to slow down. Its just a youngster you are talking about and in the number of playing minutes he got so far he has done exceptionally well thats why everyone is praising him. And management dont think that he is not good enough, they trust him thats why he is in the squad but he is young and still in his learning phase so they don't put him into big pressure games more often, its a simple thing to understand.

JamDav1982

Compare Tello with his La Masia counterpart on the other wing. He has an equal amount of goals and one less assist than Pedro, granted we all accept Pedro is having a poor season but Tello is outshining both Pedro abd Sanchez this season despite the fact that Tell has played 1400 minutes to Pedro's 3000. Anywas I'm clearly a fan boy by I believe he deserves far more playing time, especially in the big games. He's been given very little opportunity in the bigger games.

Tello outshining them? Sanchez and Pedro have been poor but comparing them to is unfair as he has more or less only scored against the relegation candidates in games won at a canter.

What reason do you believe that Villanova and Guardiola before him did not start him in more of the bigger games?

Before he starts in the bigger games he needs to prove he can make a difference against those teams - he has barely done anything against the well organised teams this season or last.

Stric

That's a somewhat unfair justification, IMHO. Madrid is by far our worst opponent, as in the toughest to beat, because their entire game is designed to nullify Barcelona. So, giving Madrid as the example is going over the top. Barca in general has been poor against Madrid this season, and even the likes of Messi and Villa and Iniesta and whoever have failed to do much against them. That's one thing. The other is, as you mentioned yourself, coming in from the bench, especially as late in the game as Tito usually decides, is very different from starting and building up the game from scratch. It's not only the significantly smaller amount of time, it's also about the existing result, the pressure, etc.

Home of Barca Fans