Cristian Tello

Barca8

The second point is that Sanchez performs better against the the mid/smaller teams.

Surely Tello has to do better against those teams before overtaking Sanchez?

You would think so... but considering Alexis' transfer fee and wages vs Tello who (in footballing terms) costs us next to nothing it's clear what kind of EPIC FAIL Alexis is. In that context Alexis should have at least Villa's numbers but he doesn't. Scoring a few goals after every competition is done and dusted doesn't mean anything. Villa already made management's decision who to get rid of when he asked to leave. That's why "management asked me to stay" as Alexis put it. Otherwise with whatever value he still has he'd be sold.

JamDav1982

You would think so... but considering Alexis' transfer fee and wages vs Tello who (in footballing terms) costs us next to nothing it's clear what kind of EPIC FAIL Alexis is. In that context Alexis should have at least Villa's numbers but he doesn't. Scoring a few goals after every competition is done and dusted doesn't mean anything. Villa already made management's decision who to get rid of when he asked to be leave. That's why "management asked me to stay" as Alexis put it. Otherwise with whatever value he still has he'd be sold.

Scoring when the competition is done and dusted?

Players like Sanchez and Tello are playing for their future against teams who are battling in La Liga, these are not meaningless games.

Yet scoring against the poorest teams in the league in games won at a canter means so much more?

The fact is that Sanchez has performed better against the average teams hence why he gets the big games.

JamDav1982

@JamDav1982
:lol: sure

The facts speak for themselves - Sanchez has produced more goals/assists against the average La Liga and european sides.

Try getting those facts correct before quoting them and then using smileys to back up your argument I would say.

Barca8

The facts speak for themselves - Sanchez has produced more goals/assists against the average La Liga and european sides.

Try getting those facts correct before quoting them and then using smileys to back up your argument I would say.

Stop arguing for arguments sake like a bratty child is what I would say.
The facts are all there and I even did the simple math for you. Alexis €26 million fee (plus €11m in certain bonuses) and €4 million in wages a year barely has better stats vs. a Barcelona B player who doesn't make or cost a fraction of the amount of money. On any other big club in the world Alexis would be fired and sold. Why have someone thats costs so much but can barely do much more than a B team player? Alexis only plays because of his price tag.

The fact that you need to ignore these facts in my posts and need to argue makes it really hard to respect your opinion.

Stric

Stop arguing for arguments sake like a bratty child is what I would say.
The facts are all there and I even did the simple math for you. Alexis €26 million fee (plus €11m in certain bonuses) and €4 million in wages a year barely has better stats vs. a Barcelona B player who doesn't make or cost a fraction of the amount of money. On any other big club in the world Alexis would be fired and sold. Why have someone thats costs so much but can barely do much more than a B team player? Alexis only plays because of his price tag.

The fact that you need to ignore these facts in my posts and need to argue makes it really hard to respect your opinion.

+1

Everyone can take stats and turn them around to fit their theory. But even the stats, if you read them correctly, speak otherwise. The truth is simple - at the moment, Tello is incomparably more efficient at several elements of the game than Sanchez (and Pedro, for that matter). When you take their wages and transfer fees into consideration, it's a no brainer. Tello makes Sanchez look like the biggest flop in the world.

JamDav1982

+1

Everyone can take stats and turn them around to fit their theory. But even the stats, if you read them correctly, speak otherwise. The truth is simple - at the moment, Tello is incomparably more efficient at several elements of the game than Sanchez (and Pedro, for that matter). When you take their wages and transfer fees into consideration, it's a no brainer. Tello makes Sanchez look like the biggest flop in the world.

He is not 'incomparibly more efficient' than Sanchez at all this season.

Sanchez has been the more productive player against the teams outwith the elite of Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern etc.

That is a fact.

Barca8

+1

:beer2:
Well said, Cheers

Stric

Sanchez has been the more productive player against the teams outwith the elite of Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern etc.

That is a fact.

Well if you take distorted stats seriously, then sure it is. Unfortunately for you, a single La Liga season is not an appropriate sample to use for the kind of comparison you want to make. If you wanted to prove who was the more productive player against those teams, you'd have to have a situation in which both players played the same amount of time against the same clubs, in the same position. Otherwise it's just using the part of the stats that fit your theory, without taking into account the big picture. To put it simply, if Tello had played on every occasion Sanchez had (instead of Sanchez), and vice versa, taking into account their respective form this season, Tello's stats would most likely annihilate Sanchez's.

JamDav1982

Well if you take distorted stats seriously, then sure it is. Unfortunately for you, a single La Liga season is not an appropriate sample to use for the kind of comparison you want to make. If you wanted to prove who was the more productive player against those teams, you'd have to have a situation in which both players played the same amount of time against the same clubs, in the same position. Otherwise it's just using the part of the stats that fit your theory, without taking into account the big picture. To put it simply, if Tello had played on every occasion Sanchez had (instead of Sanchez), and vice versa, taking into account their respective form this season, Tello's stats would most likely annihilate Sanchez's.

The stats compare their minutes on the pitch and Sanchez wins that comparison outwith the elite teams.

No sign at all that Tello would 'annihilate' Sanchez stats. Not at all.

Stric

The stats compare their minutes on the pitch and Sanchez wins that comparison outwith the elite teams.

No sign at all that Tello would 'annihilate' Sanchez stats. Not at all.

Minutes on the pitch is not a proper indicator on its own. Once again, all that is is singling out the stats that you can use to justify your theory.

JamDav1982

Minutes on the pitch is not a proper indicator on its own. Once again, all that is is singling out the stats that you can use to justify your theory.

Nope I am using the stats that were originally used to try and prove Tello was better last season than Sanchez.

I did not begin the minutes on the pitch argument. I suggest you read back.

Out if interest what facts do you use to show Tello is the better player?

Kerrybai

That is a fact.

But it's not, Tello has a been a far more clinical player, the stats speak for themselves. I respect your opinion, but nearly everyone thinks Tello has been great this season despite his lack of playing time.

Barca8

But it's not, Tello has a been a far more clinical player, the stats speak for themselves. I respect your opinion, but nearly everyone thinks Tello has been great this season despite his lack of playing time.

Forget it guys, this JamDav is a joke just looking for some attention. All he's doing is ignoring the actual facts and continually posting the same argument in order to get reactions out of others... i.e. a troll

His "argument" is Tello only scored against relegation bound teams and Alexis scored against "average" teams thus Alexis deserves to play against the "hard teams" LOL. 5 year old logic or you're just an absolute troll. Probably both, either way you did get a few responses out of people so that was the highlight of your day.

Here's a side by side review of the season for both 9. Alexis Sanchez & 37. Christian Tello

Tello scored on: Spartak (1), Deportivo (1), Mallorca (1), Valladolid (1), Getafe (1), Celta (1) & Zaragoza (2) = 8 goals/*29 appearances (a lot of bit parts hence the 1344 total minutes)
Alexis: Benfica (1), Getafe (1), Deportivo (1), Mallorca (2), Bilbao (1), Betis (1), Atletico (1), Espanyol (1) = 9 goals/40 appearances

Now the sad truth is 7 of Alexis' 9 goals have come after March 2013. Against Madrid (x5), Bayern (x2), Milan (x2), PSG, Spartak, Valencia, Malaga and Sevilla he's come out with nothing, goose egg. The saddest part again is Alexis' massive transfer fee/wages with very very little turnaround. We wasted €30 million on a player who's put a few by La Liga minnows when we have players (Tello) who can do that for almost free.

cm-45336-050f8b2ba4c916.gif

Home of Barca Fans