Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

raskolnikov

ohh how i wish that to be true.
it was mou who helped us last season to win la liga so im on mou side. CR goal celebrations are the worst thing that can happen to opponent. it hurts more than the goal itself, sadly.

Beside that camp nou 1-2 goal it really doesnt anymore at this point, it only keeps adding to the image of him being an arrogant self cenetred prick.
Beside being an inferior football player to Messi its also why he would never win a ballon d'or if it was actually close.
The irony being that his arrogant attitute comes from his drive to be #1 and winning the award would mean being #1 to him.
So in the end it hurts him more than it does the fans at that point.

coco1247

Banned
Sure. Because celebrating a goal against your biggest rival is so horrible. His celebrations are passionate. I'd take that any day over Messi's 2 wimpy hands in the air waving around with his index fingers. Dull.
I like the drive, the passion, the commitment. Sorry if you Barca fans see it as arrogant. Or even the rest of the world for that matter. Madridistas love it.

Yannick03

Sure. Because celebrating a goal against your biggest rival is so horrible. His celebrations are passionate. I'd take that any day over Messi's 2 wimpy hands in the air waving around with his index fingers. Dull.
I like the drive, the passion, the commitment. Sorry if you Barca fans see it as arrogant. Or even the rest of the world for that matter. Madridistas love it.

Messi dedicating his goals to his grandmother to me shows the same kind of drive, passion and commitment and Ronaldo's celebrations are arrogant, that's just the way it is. I can perfectly understand Madridistas love it but that doesn't take away the fact they're arrogant.

coco1247

Banned
Oh boohoo, Ronaldo dedicates his goals to his son.
It's arrogant to the opponent, I'll give you that. I'm not saying he's not arrogant. He can be VERY arrogant and vain at times. But mostly he seems like a good guy. At least that's how he's acted recently. You just really hate him.

Yannick03

Oh boohoo, Ronaldo dedicates his goals to his son.
It's arrogant to the opponent, I'll give you that. I'm not saying he's not arrogant. He can be VERY arrogant and vain at times. But mostly he seems like a good guy. At least that's how he's acted recently. You just really hate him.

Yeah cause pointing at yourself or your thigh is dedicating it to your son...

Last edited:

mixer

Yeah cause pointing at yourself or your thigh is dedicating it to you're son...
My thought, exactly :VdB:

tumblr_m2ui9nnQpb1qegmen.gif

coco1247

Banned
Oh good god, sorry mate, he's not gonna dedicate every goal to his dying grandma or whatever.
Fact is - he has every right to celebrate his goals the way he does whether you like it or not. You see it as arrogant because you don't like the guy. I see it as passionate because I'm a RM fan. If there's more on this subject, do please enlighten me.

Yannick03

Oh good god, sorry mate, he's not gonna dedicate every goal to his dying grandma or whatever.
Fact is - he has every right to celebrate his goals the way he does whether you like it or not. You see it as arrogant because you don't like the guy. I see it as passionate because I'm a RM fan. If there's more on this subject, do please enlighten me.

I don't like the guy because he's arrogant and I grant him every right to celebrate how he wants it, I was just saying his celebrations are arrogant. Different perspectives, different opinions...

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He's actually a decent guy. The arrogant celebrations are probably just for show. I do them too but usually end up laughing because of how ridiculous it looks.

Yannick03

True. Nothing to argue there.
I just wanted to make you see he's not ALL bad and arrogant. But you have your opinion and that's fine I guess. Same way as I dislike Messi, just can't help it.

I do believe he's not all bad and he's probably an okay guy, I admire his will and dedication to be the best and work hard every day but I can't get past the (occasional) arrogant outbursts.

Doobs

The Messiah

He was threatening to leave the team because he's not the highest paid player in the world. Doesn't come across as passionate to me.

coco1247

Banned
Hmm dunno, I like a bit of flair and arrogance. Gives him an edge I think :D
But I see it doesn't sit well with Barca fans. Or any other ones at that. But you have to admit, that celebration against Chelsea was in-your-face-Mou-awesome.

Home of Barca Fans