Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

ShandyFFM

guess whos mad tonight xD hahaha 5 rom falcao and messi got 23 and müllers record.... what a shame little tristiano

Stric

This might be the last season Ronaldo is held in such high regard. He's been slipping, and his competition is just making it harder for him.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
This might be the last season Ronaldo is held in such high regard. He's been slipping, and his competition is just making it harder for him.

No. He isn't a flash in a pan, he will be held in high regard even long after he's dead many years from now.

Stric

My choice of words may not be ideal, what I meant was that he's been having trouble with Messi for quite a few years now, and let's face it, he has been #2 since Messi hit this peak. And now, with guys like Falcao fighting alongside him, he'll have an even more difficult time retaining the status he's had until now. Plus his recent flop in form.

By the way, here are some numbers for y'all:

La Liga 12/13, excluding this weekend

Ronaldo - 108 shots - 13 goals, 4 penalties
Messi - 75 shots - 21 goals, 1 penalty
Falcao - 47 shots - 11 goals, 5 penalties

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Ah ok, I know what you mean. He will probably get back on form eventually, then score 7834743643475341 goals in the last 5 games :lol:

Stric

Ah ok, I know what you mean. He will probably get back on form eventually, then score 7834743643475341 goals in the last 5 games :lol:

Plus, imagine how his "reputation" (for the lack of a better term) would flump if Falcao played next to him in RM.

I agree, though, as far as this current situation goes, there's almost no doubt about him getting back on form soon. It's just a phase.

Banana-Rama

I think i can hear Ronaldo crying somewhere

:D

He's going to have nightmares about Falcao and Messi.

surely the team winning is more important to him, if madrid win CL this season i think he'll be very happy with the season, it is not all about individual accolades..........

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
surely the team winning is more important to him, if madrid win CL this season i think he'll be very happy with the season, it is not all about individual accolades..........

that is if he is still around when they win. if they win!

hellsangel1

I think it has more to do with the fact that others around him have slipped for example Ozil, Benzema and plus the injury to Marcelo who is the best attacking fullback RM have. Madrid are not playing with the same force and intensity consistently as they did last year,they'e not playing with the same ferocity.

Which really goes to show how great Messi was last season even when some around him were having poor or below par seasons. Messi scored 50 goals in La Liga when Pedro was either injured or out of favour which contributed to his worst season at Barca, Xavi and Iniesta were below par, Alves went awry towards the end of last season, Fabregas was shit for the most part, Villa was injured and yet Messi still had his best season ever when others around him were below par mostly.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I think it has more to do with the fact that others around him have slipped for example Ozil, Benzema and plus the injury to Marcelo who is the best attacking fullback RM have. Madrid are not playing with the same force and intensity consistently as they did last year,they'e not playing with the same ferocity.

Which really goes to show how great Messi was last season even when some around him were having poor or below par seasons. Messi scored 50 goals in La Liga when Pedro was either injured or out of favour which contributed to his worst season at Barca, Xavi and Iniesta were below par, Alves went awry towards the end of last season, Fabregas was shit for the most part, Villa was injured and yet Messi still had his best season ever when others around him were below par mostly.

I wouldn't say that Özil has slipped lately... inconsistent as usual, yes, but not bad

hellsangel1

I wouldn't say that Özil has slipped lately... inconsistent as usual, yes, but not bad

Ozil has slipped considerably this season,the last game was the best he;s had in some time. He's the biggest reason why Madrid are so far behind Barca. He was phenominal in his first 2 years where I believe he had more assists than anybody else in Europe. He was and remains Madrid's only quality playmaker.

Home of Barca Fans