Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

El Gato

Villarato!
I think that most experts would rate Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo higher simply due to their achievements (trophies won) and most importantly consistency. We are just used to seeing them at this insanely high level and consistency so we regard it as "normal". Such consistency was never displayed by neither Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Figo or even Zidane etc. But as everything old we have a tendency to rate it above the current.

Most would. Others would just say he belongs to the best players to ever grace this sport without making rankings dependent on a fuckload of variables chosen by a given individual. And that's what I was trying to say - to me Cristiano is an all time great for the simplest reasons everyone can see and he belongs there as much as Messi does.

Agri

Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid): "We can put the nightmare that was the 5-0 behind us now." #fcblive #elclasico

Knowing that this has been hurting him for so long makes me so glad.

Stric

Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid): "We can put the nightmare that was the 5-0 behind us now." #fcblive #elclasico

:D I know what you mean. I was kind of happy to see that statement. :lol:

Although 3:1 and 5:0 are not the same. :pep:

barcanuck

Hats off to Cristiano he takes his chances well against us. He is well on his way to getting his ballon d'or again.

DucdeOrléans

Hats off to Cristiano he takes his chances well against us. He is well on his way to getting his ballon d'or again.

:D I know what you mean. I was kind of happy to see that statement. :lol:

Although 3:1 and 5:0 are not the same. :pep:

All the bullying, humiliations and disappointments not to mention the complex had to create some sense of answer. It did and credit to Ronaldo. He might not have been stunning every single time he has scored against us but he has certainly been a very great performer and that deserves praise. A penalty or nearly a open tap-in or not. Besides the goals then we was a constant threat on the counters and unlike Messi he enjoyed himself from the beginning to the end.

It will be interesting to see how he performs against Man Utd on Tuesday.

Last edited:

Clockwise

Buccaneer
I go into the Varane thread and you said Messi would have reduced him to tears, I go into here and you are arguing against Ronaldo. I am sure you aren't a bitter person but you are coming off as such, take no offense please.

I can assure you,non taken. I am actually not bitter at all. sad yes, but bitter no. We deserved every single moment of that loss... but as usual we lose and people go on over reaction, taking players of the winning side up to clouds and crying for people's heads on the other side.

The opinion I gave here is the same as when we were winning left right and center, so it is not really based on losing and feeling the urge to hate on the winning side.
Cris Ronaldo is without a single grain of doubt one precious player,teams would give half their squads to have him in, but we cant not comment on players and their performances without having any perspective of the situation/situations leading to that and thats whats happening.
And about the Varane thread, thats the same story of raising to the clouds. Varane is a young talent that any team would like to have/invest on, Madrid had a catch there and great for them really, but saying after 2 matches he has Lionel Messi, a player that some of the greatest defenders have major trouble controlling, in his pocket in a one man way is just not true bordering on funny.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Doesn't matter how you get there, he's got an average of goal per game with Real Madrid and 308 goals in around 500 appearances in his career. You can't deny him the legacy he has earned by making results happen regardless of Barcelona being on form or off.

his stats are definitely majestic there is no denying the numbers he's raking up. and as I told Raed he would be the jewel of the crown in any team proudly.

Also, "an all time great is one who carries his team at 20 and scores 3 against an all superstar team in high mental pressure and out shines them all".. what? Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Filippo Inzaghi, Alessandro Del Piero, Raul.. where were they at 20 and where do they belong now if not on the Pantheon of all time greats?

From here I have to say maybe we dont share the same view on the hall of all time greats. for me it is not a crowded place, it may contain 5 or 6 players and Lionel Messi is one of them and not far from the top.

Cris Ronaldo defo makes one of the best players but not one of the greatests of all time. After a period of time passes on this era, he will not be one of instant names jumping to your brain as one of the greatest players to grace the grass but mainly as a player who tried to rival Lionel Messi and then after this point you note that he was a fantastic player of course.

Yugi

no Crissy, you can put last year´s league game at Bernabeu where you lost 3:1 behind you now :lol: 5:0 is still there, still too fresh

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
no Crissy, you can put last year´s league game at Bernabeu where you lost 3:1 behind you now :lol: 5:0 is still there, still too fresh

tumblr_m2v9hlT3oE1qzuqkzo1_400.gif

Cule4life

The Culest
In all fairness Ronaldo is better than Messi at this point of time. You just had to see his face. How much this victory meant to him. It had been his dream to trash Barca for a long time and he finally got it. He may be an arrogant p***k but he's a hell of a footballer

Yannick03

In all fairness Ronaldo is better than Messi at this point of time. You just had to see his face. How much this victory meant to him. It had been his dream to trash Barca for a long time and he finally got it. He may be an arrogant p***k but he's a hell of a footballer

And you draw that conclusion on one game ? Last time I checked, Messi has about 12 goals and a bunch of assists more than Ronaldo. Ronaldo started the year good but to be better he'll have to prolong his current form.

Home of Barca Fans