Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Blaugrana dude

Why are cules so defensive about this? Is Messi better by default even though he is not playing at his best. At this point I would say that Iniesta is better as well.

Leo10

Comparing CR7 to Messi is so 2010.

The right comparison is Messi to Pele and Maradona, all time greatest.

CR7 should be compared to Ibrahimovic and Van Persie.

BigBarcaBoy

Scoring dozens goals vs Deportivo, Getafe etc vs Scoring against Barca and Man Utd. Take your pick

There are two ways to look at it, he's performing in big games or his motivation only works in big games, even when messi doesn't play well he contributes unlike the suntanned one, remember on Tuesday Messi was inches away from scoring twice. A lot of what Ronaldo tried didn't work and his goals were a tap in and a penalty.

misterplatin

Comparing CR7 to Messi is so 2010.

The right comparison is Messi to Pele and Maradona, all time greatest.

CR7 should be compared to Ibrahimovic and Van Persie.

Just like Messi he has been the untouchable footballer for the last 6-7 years .I don't care if he is not the most fancy player or not the most talented wonderboy or a average dribbler or is not likeable. He has made consistent impact for his teams for atleast 6 years which only Messi has done at the same level .

Not so long ago I wrote here that C. Ronaldo is better player than "old" Ronaldo ever was, and I've got laughed off beacuse of my statement. The truth is that Ronaldo is great, he's up there with Messi, I can just imagine how team would look like with Ronaldo and Messi in one team. Altough he seems like arrogant, I think he's good lad. He's top top professional and top talent. Messi needs to show what kind of character he is after suffering setback like this, Ronaldo already showed how his mentality is strong, not really something I can say for Messi right now.

No way Ronaldo the real one was destroying every Centre Back in the world, that includes Maldini, Nesta, Stam, Desailly, Thuram and list goes on defenders way better than the current crop coming up, CR7 gets stumped out by good Fullbacks (Lahm, Abidal and A cole have done so on numerous occasions)

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
The real Ronaldo is personally the best footballer I have ever seen, Ronaldinho would have surpassed him if he didn't get lazy and start partying all the time. CR7 and Messi are phenomenal players, but they don't excite me like R9 and Ronny did.

misterplatin

No way Ronaldo the real one was destroying every Centre Back in the world, that includes Maldini, Nesta, Stam, Desailly, Thuram and list goes on defenders way better than the current crop coming up, CR7 gets stumped out by good Fullbacks (Lahm, Abidal and A cole have done so on numerous occasions)

It is like the opinion that we see copy-pasted on any football forum these days . I have seen it so many times that this repetition is boring .
Even the goal/assists stats comparison makes more sense and are convincing than your OPINION , honestly .

Doobs

The Messiah
Again, Fat Ronaldo and Tanned Ronaldo are largely different players.

When it comes to great players, opinions are highly subjective. I don't understand why people bother with comparisons.

misterplatin

The real Ronaldo is personally the best footballer I have ever seen, Ronaldinho would have surpassed him if he didn't get lazy and start partying all the time. CR7 and Messi are phenomenal players, but they don't excite me like R9 and Ronny did.

Yes , and it doesn't take anything away from Ronaldo or Messi , right ? They can still be regarded as better footballers over their career (when they are done ) , even if they were not as exciting as R9 . The best footballer won't be the player who made exciting moves on field , but the one who made the most out of his football career because even Denilson was exciting .

misterplatin

Again, Fat Ronaldo and Tanned Ronaldo are largely different players.

When it comes to great players, opinions are highly subjective. I don't understand why people bother with comparisons.

It is true , we shouldn't bother much with comparisons .But people always want to compare the present players with past .It is quite difficult to make a definite judgement .

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Yes , and it doesn't take anything away from Ronaldo or Messi , right ? They can still be regarded as better footballers over their career (when they are done ) , even if they were not as exciting as R9 . The best footballer won't be the player who made exciting moves on field , but the one who made the most out of his football career because even Denilson was exciting .

Messi and CR7 will be more highly regarded when their career is done due to their accomplishments and freakish consistency due to their discipline which Ronny lacked, and lack of severe injuries which R9 was cursed with. R9 will still remain the best player I've seen though, the dude had it all. Damn you injuries! :cussing:

Home of Barca Fans