Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Horatio

You're welcome
I remember somewhere around February/March when Real lost against a Spanish team and dismissed the press. He said he would answer their questions at the end of the season.
They were still in the running for La Liga and the CL and my thought was he hoped on winning one of those so he could give them a "I told you so!".

As far as my knowledge he never fullfilled this promise.

Not A Ronaldo hater, actually have a lot of respect for him, but I just found it curious that this kind of blew over and no one addressed this.

raskolnikov

Fair play to him for showing up to an award which he knew he wouldn't win. Maybe he has matured a bit.

For someone who knew he would not win he did look extremely dissapointed, like hw was going to shake his head and say solo robar or que inusticia... I think he only doesnt show up when he is 100% sure he wont win like in 2013.

raskolnikov

I'm picturing what it would look like if he did that at the ceremony :lol:

Its difficult for him to hide his emotions, it shows how much it means to him.

Remember when Iniesta won it:lol:

iniesta-and-ronaldoiniesta-wins-uefa-player-of-the-year-ronaldos-not-impressed-qaszymr9.jpg

Then his crying to Perez the days after for lack of support followed by a new contract and the obligated huge media campaign to get him the ballon d'or.

Stric

For someone who knew he would not win he did look extremely dissapointed, like hw was going to shake his head and say solo robar or que inusticia... I think he only doesnt show up when he is 100% sure he wont win like in 2013.

Yes, I thought the same. He didn't look like he was sure he wasn't going to win it. He looked visibly disappointed.

raskolnikov

Yes, I thought the same. He didn't look like he was sure he wasn't going to win it. He looked visibly disappointed.

He should know though he was not going to win, everyone knew. Yet even the slightest amount of hope being drained by the announcement is enough to crush him completely. His obsessiveness with Perfection, being the best player ever and better than Messi borders on insanity levels.
He probably worked out all night afterwards.

GoGGi

I agree... He didn't look that disappointed. It was normal reaction for athlete of his caliber. Im not his fan, but I am fan of his work rate and desire. I bet he will train much, much harder now to try to win Bdor.

Trickykid

I agree... He didn't look that disappointed. It was normal reaction for athlete of his caliber. Im not his fan, but I am fan of his work rate and desire. I bet he will train much, much harder now to try to win Bdor.

Oh yeah, he's probably already cracking the whip with vigor over his PR department.

silvia

😷 Meh, its all his PR department. Who doesn't work hard and have desire as for professional fooball player. I'm sure every barca player works as hard as they can. and yeah, his facial expression was like,, more like angry than disappoited.

Morten

Ronaldo will come back stronger, his competetive nature and quality will ensure that. Wish he could be a bit happier for his teammates when they are doing well though.

Home of Barca Fans