Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's not a narcissist, but he has some narcissistic tendencies..... One of my closest friends does too and can see the same in Cristiano to a certain degree.

I don't know him in real life and he could be a great guy for all I know. I just wished he would stop antagonizing other players and teams all the time. That's the reason so many dislike him. You don't need to behave like a dickhead all the time towards others. You're one of the greatest goalscorers of all-time so you don't need to do all that.

Anyway, I'm surprised how much he struggles to beat his man now. Cut his supply and all he does is trying impossible long shots. No problem for Cristiano though since he'll usually get enough to score plenty, but against the best teams he might need to try something different.

Morten

He's not a narcissist, but he has some narcissistic tendencies.....

I don't know him in real life and he could be a great guy for all I know. I just wished he would stop antagonizing other players and teams all the time. That's the reason so many dislike him. You don't need to behave like a dickhead all the time towards others.

Anyway, I'm surprised how much he struggles to beat his man now. Cut his supply and all he does is trying impossible long shots. No problem for Cristiano though since he'll usually get enough to score plenty, but against the best teams he might need to try something different.

He shouldnt be on the wing anymore in these matches, simple as that. I know he drifts in to the box, but he still is a winger on paper and spend some time there. He goal instinct is still great, so he should mostly be in the box in these matches.

raskolnikov

I am pretty sure that whatever Ronaldo suffers from is not narcissism but insecurity due to his childhood. I actually recognize a lot of Ronaldo's behaviour in myself when I was younger(I am 26 now).
Wanting to prove people wrong, rarely content with oneself leading to a lot of frustration and a drive to perform better and a great sense of justice(meaning injustice hurts especially)
You can also see how it frustrates him when people try to bring someone down who is trying really hard the interview with the Japanese kid being an example.

I also think that people misinterpret his lack of humbleness for arrogance. Ronaldo for example will only call himself the best player if he is honestly the best performing player in that period, but with the same ease he would acknowledge another player to be the best if that is the reality(he respects Messi a lot, the Ballon D'or moment with his kid being proof). In his mind he is just being real instead of putting up fake humbleness. I really recognize this behaviour in myself, as I don't see the purpose in being humble when it means I have to announce something that doesn't reflect my honest thoughts(i.e. form of lying. And I'd rather come across as arrogant than being dishonest to myself).

Honestly, as much as Ronaldo fans can annoy me and to me Messi is clearly better player I think Ronaldo is a pretty cool guy in real life. Sure he would annoy you from time to time asking you if he looks good but his heart is definitely in the right place. Also seems like a great parent.

Having said that, in today's game against Atletico it was once again painfully clear that this guy has lost technique and relies on easy goals. He doesn't create any chances and lost accuracy. Sloppy crossballs.

Like when he said he is 1,2,3 in the world? would be jailed if saying his true thoughts about messi winning the balon d'or in 2012, that he was his own idol growing up, or how he is the greatest player in the history of the game?

Horatio

You're welcome
Like when he said he is 1,2,3 in the world? would be jailed if saying his true thoughts about messi winning the balon d'or in 2012, that he was his own idol growing up, or how he is the greatest player in the history of the game?

Could you elaborate a bit further? I don't get what you are saying. Are all of these things he said? If so, I'd like to see sources.

raedkuwait

This Guy can never grab a game and change it on its head, he
totally relies on others to supply him, not like mmmm how messi
for instance changed the CL game last year again Munich at home
and messi done it many times.

Morten

It must be the knee problem, don't worry madridista, he will be back in full force against Getafe.

Nah, he didnt even point to his knees in this match as far as i noticed ;)
His fitness is fine, but he has gradually changed his playstyle. He is for all intent and purposes a pure striker now.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It seems like his son is quite the Messi fan. Hopefully he grows up to be a Cule :lol:

CQge3gbUEAAMA0P.jpg:large

dostoevskij

Well he is not marrying my daughter or my sister so frankly speaking no one care if he has an own living doppelganger inside him
If he delivers on the pitch he will get all the love he wants & the fans will massage his ego.. if he doesn't the door is always wide open ..it's a simple pragmatic relation ..call it a booty call if you want
however after all those years the obsession among cule's with CR are very similar to that of a teenage girl who got dumped on prom-night ... hell he gets more attention here than most of your players

Seriously.. no one cares .. we will start to care when he drys out (very soon ) .. but if he keeps scoring 50 goals a season he can f**k a goat for all i care

what goes around comes around, if he would shut the f... up and just play, which is his job, there would be no haters worldwide and in this forum too we could talk about the issues that really matter!!!

MagIX

… but if he keeps scoring 50 goals a season without the team winning a trophy....: ok, no problem.

Home of Barca Fans