Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

blaugrana1987

Ronaldo is Kobe Bryant of football. Probably a bit less talented and way softer. I'm watching this latest interview and I'm not sure if guy is even straight in his head "I'm best, he pushes me but in my mind I'm still the best...I believe I'm the best and that drives me forward" and then seconds after that "There is no competition with Messi, there is no rivalry in sport only in war blabla". I mean its obvious that he is obsessed with Messi, that much is clear. Should just say it like that and be done with it.

JamDav1982

Atletico doesn't even have the squad depth of Real madrid , still they won as much liga as Real has won in this decade . Don't give silly excuses like barca team was strong etc etc . Accept it Raul lead Rma better . it's not like cr7 is playing with bendtner and giroud . Karim Benzema ,James Rodriguez , Di Maria ,Kroos, Ozil, Bale , Xabi Alonso , Modric ... You Name it ... :D

Real are a great side but they are up against Messi and for large part the best team of all time in Barca.

In Rauls day did they have to get 90+ pts to win a title?

Barca have been better than Real and dominated in Ronaldos time. You act like everything is on boots of Ronaldo and it is irrelevant how good Barca are.

Even then Ronaldos career did not start in Spain and he is a Man Utd legend anyway. Arguably their best ever player on ability.

RMU ReBorn

Ronaldo is Kobe Bryant of football. Probably a bit less talented and way softer. I'm watching this latest interview and I'm not sure if guy is even straight in his head "I'm best, he pushes me but in my mind I'm still the best...I believe I'm the best and that drives me forward" and then seconds after that "There is no competition with Messi, there is no rivalry in sport only in war blabla". I mean its obvious that he is obsessed with Messi, that much is clear. Should just say it like that and be done with it.
I haven't seen a self-centered Sports person like him any were . Maradona and pele are close but still not as much as Ronaldo :facepalm:

blaugrana1987

How many times???

Do you get this is not a Messi v Ronaldo comparison and i am saying dont take Fergies opinion on it as he could not possibly say anything else other than they are both the greatest but Ronaldo slightly better.

That doesnt mean he over rates players who played under him as he if anything is fairly harsh on a lot of them.

He thinks Ronaldo has got better and better not worse as so many people try to make out.
He clearly says Ronaldo can play for any club in the world but Messi can't. What is there more to understand? He is lying through his teeth because he can't say it out loud and thats it. He is a legend, he is Scot you are Scot and you guys are great but seriously...He is full of shit here. He was full of shit when he bought Anderson with Ronaldo money and he was full of shit when he left the club to Moyes with aged and tired squad. He is still possibly best manager ever, but that doesn't make him invincible. He is wrong and Messi proved he can play against anyone anywhere and be better then anyone at that. He proved that by knocking the fuck out of Fergie and Man Utd twice. In exact same fassion Fergie annihilated Liverpool for last two decades. It wasn't even competition.

JamDav1982

He clearly says Ronaldo can play for any club in the world but Messi can't. What is there more to understand? He is lying through his teeth because he can't say it out loud and thats it. He is a legend, he is Scot you are Scot and you guys are great but seriously...He is full of shit here. He was full of shit when he bought Anderson with Ronaldo money and he was full of shit when he left the club to Moyes with aged and tired squad. He is still possibly best manager ever, but that doesn't make him invincible. He is wrong and Messi proved he can play against anyone anywhere and be better then anyone at that. He proved that by knocking the fuck out of Fergie and Man Utd twice. In exact same fassion Fergie annihilated Liverpool for last two decades. It wasn't even competition.

You still dont get it do you?

What do you think i am saying about Fergies Ronaldo v Messi comparison?

He never bought Anderson with Ronaldo money...they played together. Cheap shot and false.

RMU ReBorn

Real are a great side but they are up against Messi and for large part the best team of all time in Barca.

In Rauls day did they have to get 90+ pts to win a title?

Barca have been better than Real and dominated in Ronaldos time. You act like everything is on boots of Ronaldo and it is irrelevant how good Barca are.

Even then Ronaldos career did not start in Spain and he is a Man Utd legend anyway. Arguably their best ever player on ability.
Best Ever united player on ability ? Aaah . Again one Name - Paul Scholes :D .. Regarding Barca being the best team of Ronaldo's time ,yes they were but that was from 2009 -2013 , He had a Half Dead Barcalona team Infront of him in 2013-14 season with injury , form and worst coaching tactics ... :D

JamDav1982

I haven't seen a self-centered Sports person like him any were . Maradona and pele are close but still not as much as Ronaldo :facepalm:

Loads of sportsmen have that arrogance.

Top NFL, NBA players have it in spades as do a lot of athletes.

It is not uncommon.

Why do you care?

footyfan

Calma, calma
Ronaldo from 2011-2013 is better than any version from his Manchester United days. I'd even say his 09/10 season was better than all his Utd seasons except 07/08. So yeah, he's undoubtedly better at Madrid than United. But the current version of Ronaldo is the weakest since 2006. Even Neymar and Suarez are better than him right now and have been throughout 2015.

blaugrana1987

Although I agree with that Ronaldo is simply better player then Rivaldo, I also think he is one of the reasons Real hasn't won that much in long time and its not because Barcelona is there. Simply put, Real has better squad then we have. They had it for two years. They are younger, have bigger bench and position for position they might be better.

But there lies the problem...Ronaldo is all about numbers. If you asked ANY Real player if they would rather make crucial tackle and win, or score two goals and lose everyone would take tackle. I'm not sure Ronaldo would. Going back to interview, he says he doesn't have to call himself a legend, numbers say that. Well numbers say that he has been good this season. Numbers don't say that he scored 5 goals against Espanyol and was literally worthless in every other game he played. He was so underwhelming that people have come to their senses and really do think Neymar took his spot.

Its all about numbers for him. If they are 5-0 up against Levante at home he is looking to get penalty or easy tap in in last seconds of the game even if he risk injury because numbers get better, and numbers say he is a legend.

JamDav1982

Best Ever united player on ability ? Aaah . Again one Name - Paul Scholes :D .. Regarding Barca being the best team of Ronaldo's time ,yes they were but that was from 2009 -2013 , He had a Half Dead Barcalona team Infront of him in 2013-14 season with injury , form and worst coaching tactics ... :D

Raul played with three Balon dor winners......Ronaldo has not played with any that have even been close at either Man Utd or Real.

Yet Ronaldo across his career has led teams to four league titles and two CLs.

It is not even a fact Raul 'led' all those teams or was the best player in all his leagues or CLs. Figo, Ronaldo & Zidane played big parts and led.

blaugrana1987

Ronaldo from 2011-2013 is better than any version from his Manchester United days. I'd even say his 09/10 season was better than all his Utd seasons except 07/08. So yeah, he's undoubtedly better at Madrid than United. But the current version of Ronaldo is the weakest since 2006. Even Neymar and Suarez are better than him right now and have been throughout 2015.

Yea that year he was crazy good. I remember having fears when he got the ball back then even 30-40 meters of the goal. Nowadays I want him with the ball, makes my heart beat easier.

blaugrana1987

You still dont get it do you?

What do you think i am saying about Fergies Ronaldo v Messi comparison?

He never bought Anderson with Ronaldo money...they played together. Cheap shot and false.
Sry I meant Valencia. I remember him costing around 30 million back then, and that was alot of money.

I don't know what you are trying to say but I do know what Fergie is saying. So what is a problem? Messi "is barcelona", Ronaldo can play anywhere. If you didn't tell me names of these players and asked me to pick one purely on that description I would take the guy who can play anywhere. So yea, he thinks he is better. He thinks he is better because they love each other. Because he found him and because he is his father he never had. That makes him biased and in this case wrong, thats all.

blaugrana1987

Hope you are saying that after the Classico.
I'm simply not afraid of him without a goal when he is 30-40m of the goal. He has literally done nothing good at that range against any kind of opposition these year. Now what I dont want is him roaming freely in our box thats for sure...

JamDav1982

Sry I meant Valencia. I remember him costing around 30 million back then, and that was alot of money.

I don't know what you are trying to say but I do know what Fergie is saying. So what is a problem? Messi "is barcelona", Ronaldo can play anywhere. If you didn't tell me names of these players and asked me to pick one purely on that description I would take the guy who can play anywhere. So yea, he thinks he is better. He thinks he is better because they love each other. Because he found him and because he is his father he never had. That makes him biased and in this case wrong, thats all.

Valencia was around £16m I think would need to check.

Valencia actually been a decent signing for Man Utd, think he has been their player of the year at one point.

They never signed him to replace Ronaldo as such they signed him to be a more traditional RW and make Rooney the player the attack was built around.

Totally agree Fergie is wrong in saying Ronaldo better than Messi but it is an opinion almost to be written off as he cant say anything else. Even then he praises Messi to the hilt and very rarely distinguishes between the two.

Home of Barca Fans