Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

JamDav1982

Lol what a deluded fuck Fergie is. I appreciate and respect him for what he has done, but he truly is deluded. These two losses in finals probably still burn :hooray:

He is also good example of a men who make alot of decissions in English football, and why they still haven't won shit in 60 years. Its also quite interesting how best players in PL are of smaller build. But hey...

Fergie is an example of English football not winning anything in 60 years?

For a start he is Scottish and has arguably been the greatest manager of all time so his decision making is fine.

mark1nhu

Technically Rivaldo undoubtedly superior to Ronaldo. Many of Reals current players are techincally better than Ronaldo.

You seem to change the rules to fit. Preciously it was all about silverware....but that ceases to be the issue when it is a player you like.

As I said, silverware is an easy way of measuring the contribution to the club stature.

But ok, I fucked up starting the discussion focusing solely on titles.

I should have started by the contribution, as I am saying now.

blaugrana1987

Fergie is an example of English football not winning anything in 60 years?

For a start he is Scottish and has arguably been the greatest manager of all time so his decision making is fine.
No I'm saying he is example of "mindset" that is predominant in English football, except in comparison with the guys actually leading England he is plenty good in bunch of other stuff. Here he basically says "Goy can run fast on flanks...He can head the ball extremely well. He is strong physically. Uses both legs...blabla". Its just laughable reasoning. He is talking from the point of being 2nd father to a guy and he still can't say it out loud that gap between them is pretty big.

Saying Ronaldo of all guys can play for Millwall and play as well is laughable and its exactly biggest criticism against the guy. He has become a guy who is reliant on service, while Messi has become exact opposite. He creates, he takes care of the ball when pressure is high and he still scores just as much from less chances.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

No I'm saying he is example of "mindset" that is predominant in English football, except in comparison with the guys actually leading England he is plenty good in bunch of other stuff. Here he basically says "Goy can run fast on flanks...He can head the ball extremely well. He is strong physically. Uses both legs...blabla". Its just laughable reasoning. He is talking from the point of being 2nd father to a guy and he still can't say it out loud that gap between them is pretty big.

Saying Ronaldo of all guys can play for Millwall and play as well is laughable and its exactly biggest criticism against the guy. He has become a guy who is reliant on service, while Messi has become exact opposite. He creates, he takes care of the ball when pressure is high and he still scores just as much from less chances.

Do you think Fergie is being used as an example of Ronaldo being comparible to Messi?

The Fergie opinion was brought up to say he thinks Ronaldo has IMPROVED in Spain thats it. The opposite opinion of people who seem to think he was some kind of all round play maker there.

People countering that with 'lol Fergie says Ronaldo is better than Messi the deluded old fool' as if that cancels out any opinion Fergie can have on any player.

Regardless of what Fergie thinks he CANT come out and say Messi is better. He actually praises them both constantly and brackets them together for most part. He doesnt go round spouting off that Ronaldo is the much better player at all.

As for the opinion of Ronaldos strengths that is something a player like Ronaldo can translate to any league as he has shown.

JamDav1982

As I said, silverware is an easy way of measuring the contribution to the club stature.

But ok, I fucked up starting the discussion focusing solely on titles.

I should have started by the contribution, as I am saying now.

Ronaldo has contributed more than Rivaldo though in terms of goals and trophies.

RMU ReBorn

Where have I said Ronaldo was doing the job Messi is?

Messi is the superior player.....but Ronaldo is not just the 'goal poacher' you make him out to be either.
Raul was a better player for Rm in terms of contribution for the club ,though Ronaldo is better skill wise . This is basically what my point is . This is were the argument started about Ronaldo the goal poacher .

blaugrana1987

Do you think Fergie is being used as an example of Ronaldo being comparible to Messi?

The Fergie opinion was brought up to say he thinks Ronaldo has IMPROVED in Spain thats it. The opposite opinion of people who seem to think he was some kind of all round play maker there.

People countering that with 'lol Fergie says Ronaldo is better than Messi the deluded old fool' as if that cancels out any opinion Fergie can have on any player.

Regardless of what Fergie thinks he CANT come out and say Messi is better. He actually praises them both constantly and brackets them together for most part. He doesnt go round spouting off that Ronaldo is the much better player at all.

As for the opinion of Ronaldos strengths that is something a player like Ronaldo can translate to any league as he has shown.
And thats what I'm saying. His opinion is filled with bias because a) they have real emotional relationship where Ronaldo looks to him as father b) he is best player Fergie ever coached and c) he can't say Messi is better because that would make Ronaldo cry to sleep at night.

I mean look at your last paragraph "Ronaldo has proven he can translate his strengths to other league". Great. And Messi has proven he can shit all over Championship League teams and win record number of titles at younger age, with better goal and assist ratios and galaxy difference in actual playmaking. So to me it proves that if Messi can play against Man Utd, Arsenal, City etc. AND destroy them in process (along with two Fergie teams) he COULD crack it against Millwall and Malmo or playing for them.

BTW Ronaldo in his current state is simply not a player Fergie remembers him. His numbers are dropping, and his all around play is extremely limited these days so I'm not going to argue about this Ronaldo since this one is hardly top 3 in world currently.

JamDav1982

Raul was a better player for Rm in terms of contribution for the club ,though Ronaldo is better skill wise . This is basically what my point is . This is were the argument started about Ronaldo the goal poacher .

Raul never had a better contribution though.

He played in a team that was more dominant and won more trophies as he was in a Madrid team that never had to contend with the best Barca side of all times for large parts.

Its like claiming Steve McManaman was more dominant than Ronaldo ffs.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Who's a better player, CR7 or Raul? CR7 sure, by miles.... Who has lead Real better? Come on guys, it's Raul! In fact I would go out on a limb and say, it is CR7 the reason why Real haven't won even more in the past 6 years, despite Messi and Xaviesta! Come on man, making the entire team 'supply' to him and him not contributing much to the team other than scoring? I mean come on, despite the said Messi and Xaviesta, even Atletico Madrid were nearly as successful as were Real with CR7 leading them, and it was Sergio Ramos who made sure Atletico haven't done better than Real in the same period!

RMU ReBorn

Messi can't succeed in a over rated league were sergio Aguero has Won Golden ball . :lol: I mentioned Aguero since both Leo And sergio has similiar physique :D

mark1nhu

How do you define contribution to club stature?

Saying he doesn't deserve a spot as a club legend is absolutely ridiculous by the way. Absolutely ridiculous.

Simple: are you making the difference in the club's history, giving titles, keeping the club on the race or (on the other side) saving it from a relegation?

If yes, you are directly contributing to club's stature.

Are you making a ton of goals (most of them when is easy) without actually moving your club forward? Sorry, you are just contributing for your own stature.

What actually did Ronaldo FOR MADRID to be considered a club's legend? He gave to Madrid more than Madrid gave to him?

Can you say Madrid would not win their few recent titles without Ronaldo? Was he essential for it? Was he the driving force?

I am not saying he is not a fucking player, because he is. One of the most remarkable of modern football.

But call him a MADRID'S LEGEND?

Please, respect the history of this worldwide important club.

He did almost to nothing to deserve it.

JamDav1982

And thats what I'm saying. His opinion is filled with bias because a) they have real emotional relationship where Ronaldo looks to him as father b) he is best player Fergie ever coached and c) he can't say Messi is better because that would make Ronaldo cry to sleep at night.

I mean look at your last paragraph "Ronaldo has proven he can translate his strengths to other league". Great. And Messi has proven he can shit all over Championship League teams and win record number of titles at younger age, with better goal and assist ratios and galaxy difference in actual playmaking. So to me it proves that if Messi can play against Man Utd, Arsenal, City etc. AND destroy them in process (along with two Fergie teams) he COULD crack it against Millwall and Malmo...

How many times???

Do you get this is not a Messi v Ronaldo comparison and i am saying dont take Fergies opinion on it as he could not possibly say anything else other than they are both the greatest but Ronaldo slightly better.

That doesnt mean he over rates players who played under him as he if anything is fairly harsh on a lot of them.

He thinks Ronaldo has got better and better not worse as so many people try to make out.

JamDav1982

Simple: are you making the difference in the club's history, giving titles, keeping the club on the race or (on the other side) saving it from a relegation?

If yes, you are directly contributing to club's stature.

Are you making a ton of goals (most of them when is easy) without actually moving your club forward? Sorry, you are just contributing for your own stature.

What actually did Ronaldo FOR MADRID to be considered a club's legend? He gave to Madrid more than Madrid gave to him?

Can you say Madrid would not win their few recent titles without Ronaldo? Was he essential for it? Was he the driving force?

I am not saying he is not a fucking player, because he is. One of the most remarkable of modern football.

But call him a MADRID'S LEGEND?

Please, respect the history of this worldwide important club.

He did almost to nothing to deserve it.

Without moving club forward?

Ronaldo helped them win the CL and league against much tougher opposition than Rivaldo has.

How can the club even be near being relegation zone be a positive if he was part of team that dropped that far? How can finishing in CL spot be unreal when he played as main man in team that dropped that far?

It doesnt make sense.

It has fuck all to do with 'respecting this world wide club' quit playing that pathetic card.

RMU ReBorn

Raul never had a better contribution though.

He played in a team that was more dominant and won more trophies as he was in a Madrid team that never had to contend with the best Barca side of all times for large parts.

Its like claiming Steve McManaman was more dominant than Ronaldo ffs.
Atletico doesn't even have the squad depth of Real madrid , still they won as much liga as Real has won in this decade . Don't give silly excuses like barca team was strong etc etc . Accept it Raul lead Rma better . it's not like cr7 is playing with bendtner and giroud . Karim Benzema ,James Rodriguez , Di Maria ,Kroos, Ozil, Bale , Xabi Alonso , Modric ... You Name it ... :D

JamDav1982

Without moving club forward?

Ronaldo helped them win the CL and league against much tougher opposition than Rivaldo has.

How can the club even be near being relegation zone be a positive if he was part of team that dropped that far? How can finishing in CL spot be unreal when he played as main man in team that dropped that far?

It doesnt make sense.

It has fuck all to do with 'respecting this world wide club' quit playing that pathetic card.

The way you describe it you would rate Ronaldo much higher if he took the easy route and went back to EPL or PSG and signed for someone almost guaranteed titles.

Sometimes there is only so much one player can do if there are better teams and players elsewhere.. Even Messi has those limitations.

Home of Barca Fans